Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Costumes

How do you use Sims 4's excessive number of costumes?

I chuckled the first time I saw a bear in Granite Falls and was truly puzzled when I saw a raccoon in San Myshuno and had my first bear night.

I finally decided to embrace the concept and made furries in Brindleton.

And now, I have a yeti that investigates Strangeville.

I like costumes because they are super silly and I don't have to bother with the sculpting and dressing of my characters, thanks to the option to use the costume on everything.

It also reminds me of The Sims 1, when Sims had a fixed facial expression and conveyed emotions only by their body language.

Too bad the costumes clip though, especially the bunnies. It ruined many screenshots.

So, what about you? How do you use the costumes?
I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...

Comments

• ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    edited March 2019
    I almost never use costumes, but you've actually given me some ideas here. I'd never considered a furry community in my game. Did you create a club for them to join as well? Gonna have to start using the costumes more now for sure.
    Post edited by ShadyLady89 on
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • SimptuousSimptuous Posts: 82 Member
    I've never used the costumes but yours is a good idea @Hejix as is creating a club for them.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Nope, didn't create a club. In fact, my furries embrace so fully their costumes that they totally forget they are humans. :P

My yeti is in fact confounding the Strangeville community. Conspiracy theorists think my big foot is genuine, but scientists say they see through the costume. Who's right?

But a club would be fun to make, especially for those bear nights lovers. :P (Although, this could be more inclusive. Why only brown bears? My polar bear felt left out! Also, no pandas? No carebears?)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I never use them for my regular play, but might use some for making machinima.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm gonna die if I see more bear costumes :s

I do like a lot of the full body costumes as they are good for a laugh. Wish I was at my computer to show some silly screen shots of them I have. I have used some for a child friendly resturaunt as mascots, the merman suit from GF makes for a nice cosplay outfit for geekcon.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I'd like a cowplant costume. ;)