Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StrangerVille Mystery Aspiration

What is the actual reward when you complete this aspiration - as in the Athletic aspiration allows your Sims to live a longer natural life and the Chef aspiration lets your Sims cook better meals?
baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the trait is here:
    297f80a129fe0713f55d32f959f0a0f3.png
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    That's it? :o
    Is the fan mail gifts or just creepy letters from stalkers? Is there some sort of boost from bragging about your conquest?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    You also get:
    This statue.
    EREOIt7.png
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    I don't know much about it, but if its anything like the Get Famous fan mail...eh
    there is also wishes(?) apparently, I think you need near max relationship with Mother and be possessed to request one
    EMrBkJP.png
    the stuff in the spoiler doesn't need completing the story to do. i had a sim able to do it well before i got around to finishing the story off
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    the stuff in the spoiler doesn't need completing the story to do. i had a sim able to do it well before i got around to finishing the story off

The thing in my spoiler? Yeah I don't think you need to krrrt the problem for it, was just mentioning it cause it feels more worth it.
    EMrBkJP.png
    Okay, thanks for the info guys!
    At least I'll know not to expect as much from the aspiration angle when I get it.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    There is also an option to
    Make friends with the mother plant after you defeat her and you can have her grant some wishes, like extended life.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    You also get:
    This statue.
    EREOIt7.png
    Wait you do I so want that its awesome looking.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Does a sim who finishes the aspiration get fame if both Strangerville and Get Famous are installed?

When I take a group to the final task, will the aspiration register as completed for everyone in the group or only the actively controled sim? My group will most likely consist of the main investigator, two household members and one townie.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Is the fan mail gifts or just creepy letters from stalkers? Is there some sort of boost from bragging about your conquest?
    It doesn’t say in the description but,
    You also get free stuff at the curio stand and free food and drinks at the local bar.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    You also get free stuff at the curio stand and free food and drinks at the local bar.
    I usually get that little future cube and clay glob that you can mold into something. Also I get a spoiled cupcake once in a while. I thought the free drinks and food at the bar was because she joined the military after beating the Mother, LOL. I also didn't know about the curio stand, will check that out when I go back to playing that save.
    QueenMercy wrote: »

That's a little sumpin'... cool. Thanks for the heads up!
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    You get the "Hero of StrangerVille" trait which means you get fan mail and you can tell people stories about your journey.
    Proud simmer
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    There is also an option to
    Make friends with the mother plant after you defeat her and you can have her grant some wishes, like extended life.
    Apparently you can make friends with the Mother during the middle of the story as well. If you are currently infected you can talk to her, make friends and then you have the option to use the same wishes.
    iscQh5U.png
    @EnkiSchmidt only the 'main' sim at the time (the one that initiates the encounter) will get credit. i had taken three sims down together, each with their own posse, and had to use fruit two times to restart things so the other two finished before they all left. then used a third to reset things back to the beginning of the story
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @EnkiSchmidt only the 'main' sim at the time (the one that initiates the encounter) will get credit. i had taken three sims down together, each with their own posse, and had to use fruit two times to restart things so the other two finished before they all left. then used a third to reset things back to the beginning of the story

That's good to know, thank you! So I'll need to prepare for three consecutive boss fights. (Atm I have nine playables involved with the story, but want the trait for only three of them.)
  • idkpizzaidkpizza Posts: 13 New Member
    I was a little disappointed in the "reward" for finished the story and solving the mystery. I thought it would have been just a liiiittle bit of a bigger deal. But I didn't realise about getting free stuff and so on, that's cool, at least!
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    To be honest, I was disappointed too. I would have loved if my sim would have gotten a statue in the city center - like in Sims 3 Into The Future. But what we get is... meeh. Looks like a flower that looks like what a flower is supposed to be: a reproductive organ.