Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Military Career

I am at level 7 and the daily task is to give orders. How do you do that? I can't find any option. I tried giving orders to the sparring machine and that didn't seem to work and I tried to give orders to other military members.

Comments

• Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    In the main social menu, there is a specific section on giving orders. Attention, run a lap, drop and give me 20, etc. You have to do these interactions dozens of times before it will register on the task section.; It will be the same way when you have to share war stories. I would literally spend all night long at the darn bar.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Thanks. I figured how to give the orders and now I am realizing that the time required is absurd. You confirmed what I was starting to suspect. They messed this up. It doesn't take that long for similar interactions in other careers. And I shouldn't take more than five or six orders to complete. Probably what I will do is do it as much as I want and then use the MC Command Cheat to force a promotion.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Scarlett2k wrote: »
    In the main social menu, there is a specific section on giving orders. Attention, run a lap, drop and give me 20, etc. You have to do these interactions dozens of times before it will register on the task section.; It will be the same way when you have to share war stories. I would literally spend all night long at the darn bar.

I agree and I hope they will tweak this. The amount of times you have to redo the same things to progress in the military career is the only thing I don't really like about this pack. Moreso, because in theory, the activities themselves (like sparring, marching or giving orders) are actually quite fun. I think if they just made these interactions last longer, and we only had to do them twice or stop them early, would already fix this. The same goes for sketching in the stylist career. Sketching should also last just a tat longer :)
    Making them longer and fewer or giving all the orders to a sim one time around would work. The tedium of doing the same thing over and over again is a turn off for me. Another way of doing would be to call all the military sims together in a formation and then giving them orders. It's not realistic giving orders in a bar and having to work around celebrities and regular customers to drop someone for push ups.

It would have been nice if they had created a military only neighborhood/base.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited March 2019
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    Thanks. I figured how to give the orders and now I am realizing that the time required is absurd. You confirmed what I was starting to suspect. They messed this up. It doesn't take that long for similar interactions in other careers. And I shouldn't take more than five or six orders to complete. Probably what I will do is do it as much as I want and then use the MC Command Cheat to force a promotion.

Is it worse than the social interaction requirement for Secret Agen where you had to do 20 romantic interactions per day...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    I think so. At least you knew that you had 20 interactions and you could really do them all fairly quickly. These take a lot longer.
  • marinapjanicmarinapjanic Posts: 109 Member
    I tried to complete Give orders task for obut 5-6 sim hours, and only get to 50%.
    The most annoying thing is that you cant stack interactions
    I know. It's absurd, however you can still be promoted even if you ignore this "busy work". I can think of a lot of ways they could have done this better.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I think it's buggy. No matter what my Sim did I couldn't get the interaction past the 'Just Started' stage. The following day I worked from home, then the day afterwards I tried again and it worked as normal; increasing 25% for each interaction on the sparring machine.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    If you believe it's a bug, make sure to report it as one in AHQ so that someone there could even register it as one. :) Let's get this all sorted out and fixed together!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png