Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want for your baby?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    I want to walk them in strollers!
    All of these answers are getting me excited at the possibilities lol. I struggle to understand why some people dont want babies to change. I get it if you’re not into family play but I mean who could not want a major improvement to a life stage in the game? That’s what they’re supposed to be right? Babies are majorly boring right now and they really shouldnt be, they dont have to be. Idk I think it would add so much more to be able to even customise them or remove them from the crib.

I think most of all I just want them to feel like part of the family rather, than an interactive object

I am a HUGE family player. I have 9 Sims in one household right now with the MCCC mod ranging in age from Elder to not yet born. (Will be 10 after baby is born.)
    I would just rather they focus their energy elsewhere. They are infants for such a short amount of time. And other stages such as elder and teenager need more love. The babies have already been objects for so long, I'm not sure that there is much that they can fix about them. I meant, the ability to take them on a walk in a stroller or something would be nice and a cute addition, but there are other life stages that happen for a much longer time that I would rather their energy be focused on. Babies just aren't around for that long anyways.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Just let them crawl dude
    I really miss the crawling stage - walking was always the last skill I'd teach my toddlers, because I enjoyed seeing them scoot around on the floor so much.

Also, hail to the floor babies. (I remember that being in S3, not S2, though...)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    Just let them crawl dude
    I would love for them to be able to crawl and do lots of other things. Babies is my least favorite life stage in TS4, but I liked them in The Sims Freeplay. After completing a quest, your baby could crawl, be taught how to walk, sit in a high chair and eat, and play on the floor with toys. Sims can even bathe their babies. These kinds of features would be nice for babies in TS4.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2019
    other (plz specify)
    munroele wrote: »
    I don't need anything from babies. In real life, there isn't a lot you can do with a baby anyway! Maybe seeing their needs would be great, and maybe picking them up for a cuddle, and walking with them, to cuddles on the couch, or even co-sleeping, but I don't care for strollers, leaving them on the floor, bouncers, crawling or anything you added. I'm happy with babies, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

I agree with you, except I don't care about seeing their needs only because irl determining why a baby is crying is pretty much a guessing game. More crib styles would be great though.

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    other (plz specify)
    Bath time in a sink or baby bath - baby outfits and changing tables. Cribs as technically a bassinet is not safe for an infant after they start turning over so it's why cribs were invented - ability for Sims to carry the baby and sit with it like we do in real life. No good parent leaves an infant in it's bed all the time - that is just WRONG!!!! Baby foods and feeding the infant. Baby toys, baby gyms, teething rings. Peekaboo with infants. Babies clapping, laughing, starting to talk, sitting up, scooting, crawling. Rocking hairs. Baby rattles and soft toys. Singing to babies and rocking them. All the thing real parents do for their babies and teach them in their first year of life. If they are not taught these things they will not be walking or doing any of the things the Sim toddler does in the game. Babies do not just go from 24/7 in a bassinet to being like a Sim toddler without all these other interactions so there is no reality in the infant stage. Infants are not furniture. Any dev that has a baby KNOWS this... Looking at Devs who I know have had infants - I want any of you to tell me your infants were like this - like the Sims infant for their whole first year of life when us simmers who also have children know it is not even close.

People want reality in the game - well it needs to start with the first stage of the Sim - the infant and perhaps people would play the infant. Right now it's just a toy - not a baby sim at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Just let them crawl dude
    munroele wrote: »
    I don't need anything from babies. In real life, there isn't a lot you can do with a baby anyway! Maybe seeing their needs would be great, and maybe picking them up for a cuddle, and walking with them, to cuddles on the couch, or even co-sleeping, but I don't care for strollers, leaving them on the floor, bouncers, crawling or anything you added. I'm happy with babies, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

I agree with you, except I don't care about seeing their needs only because irl determining why a baby is crying is pretty much a guessing game. More crib styles would be great though.

True - Sim babies are much easier than real life. If you don't have the option to 'change dirty diaper', they need food. (Or, if you've truly neglected the baby, attention.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    other (plz specify)
    I chose ‘other’ because they should be able to do all that those babies in sims 2 could do plus new interactions. I don’t know why they backpeddled to make the baby an “object” especially when so many ppl make the game about family play.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Options
    SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    Having strollers would be so cute!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I would love to be able to take babies and toddlers out in strollers. Bouncy chairs for babies would be so cute as well, I'm not sure what they're called. Anything that gets them out of the crib more. I feel like we barely get to see the babies.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    other (plz specify)
    I guess I'd like more cribs and anywhere else to place them
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Most of these things are for toddlers, not infants. The baby stage seems to be much less than a year old, no crawling or sitting up in high chairs, let alone using walkers. I want babies to be babies, not toddlers. Carrying them and rocking them in a rocking chair would be nice. Also more cradles.
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    Just let them crawl dude
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I just want to be able to see their needs.

You can if you have the Parenthood game pack. At level 6 of the Parenting skill, your sim receives the ability to check a baby's needs. A little thought bubble with the greatest need appears, such as a bottle or diaper.

Found out here:carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/parenthood/parenting/
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited March 2019
    I want bouncers too, but I guess strollers is higher up on my list because I really want my sims to be able to go for a stroll with the baby and even go to community lots/other sims' houses.

But this is what I want from babies: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/880991/babies-are-sims-too-ideas-to-improve-this-lifestage Been saying it for over 3 years now. :( There's a lot that can be done with babies now that toddlers are established as a more older lifestage.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    other (plz specify)
    Nothing at all.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    other (plz specify)
    This poll is too small for what we would want with babies. I mean here is my list:

- Cut them off the basket
    - Being able to bring them to where the cake is, let the carrier blow the candles, so the baby can grow up everywhere
    - Carrying a baby in a wrap on every other lot and just walk with him/her
    - Being able to put them on baby blankets, baby baskets or the sofa to stay close with the baby wherever you want
    - Every other sim/pet should be able to interact with the baby as well
    - Give them more genetics other than just 3 skin colors, bald and the same burrito wrap. Let us customize this look!
    - Strollers or baby carriers would be cute too! We need to take them to the park!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    other (plz specify)
    I'm surprised that proper genetics for babies aren't mentioned more often. I thought there were more people who would like to see at least a bit of the features the baby inherited (skin tone, hair color and eyes). It really kills babys for me to not being able to determine any of these.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    simimpsimimp Posts: 94 Member
    I'm all for strollers if you want to take your baby to the park or just for a walk down the street! I think it'd be super cute. When they're at home they could crawl or just stay in the crib.
    twas brillig, amirite?
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    other (plz specify)
    Although I’m aware I’m asking for a lot, I’d like them to make babies more like toddlers- highchair, crawling, bouncers, and strollers are what I’m waiting for. Then, I’ll extent my babies lifespan from 3 days to 7.