Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More frequent game packs and stuff packs when console catches up to PC?

SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
The only content console doesn't have is:

- Spa Day
- Strangerville
- My First Pet Stuff
- Fitness Stuff (arriving March 15 according to SimsCommunity)
- Bowling Night Stuff (arriving March 15 according to SimsCommunity)

Now Console released in November of 2017. Since then PC have had fewer stuff packs and game packs compared to previous years.
- Our last stuff pack was in March of 2018, which is almost a year ago.
- We only got one Game pack in 2018 (February), compared to two in 2017. We just got another one in 2019 (also February).

But PC had one extra expansion pack last year - two rather than the usual one.

Now, us PC players have grown used to infrequent releases. But Console? In the past 15 months they've had the base game, 6 expansion packs, 5 game packs and 11 stuff packs.

Has PC deliberately been given less packs while console has been catching up? They are almost fully up to date! I wonder, when they are up to date will we see a rapid increase in the number of releases for PC?

Comments

• SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I reaaaaalllllyyy hope so. It’s nice having something to look forward to short term. 3 paid content releases in a year is sad and it makes me sad.
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Has PC deliberately been given less packs while console has been catching up? They are almost fully up to date! I wonder, when they are up to date will we see a rapid increase in the number of releases for PC?

Maybe? But even if that happens you shouldn't expect miracles to happen. we may get more patches/bugfixes or an extra game pack.
    The thing is, Porting something that has already been made to consoles is easier than making that thing in the first place.
    When EAxis wants to make a pack. They take time to design the theme, design the mechanics, make sure people will like how they are making the theme, make sure that they can market it successfully, make sure the way they make the pack generates the least amount of bugs etc

But when porting a pack to console, they don't have to deal with any of that. They just copy paste all of the stuff to the consaole version, make sure it doesn't glitch or bug then it's ready for release!

So if anything. i wouldn't expect miracles (as in "we will always get more Game packs/Expansion packs!"). At most we may get more patches or more stuff packs lol.
  • IndigoGreeneIndigoGreene Posts: 49 Member
    That's a really interesting idea @Simplyobsessed and one that makes sense!
    I hadn't thought the console releases would impact the PC releases. Fingers crossed for more content once console catches up!