Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Spoiler) Question about Hazmat suits

Hey all, I have two sims in my household that I am using to play the mystery. I am trying to assemble two hazmat suits. My sim has the spore filter in his inventory but everytime I talk to the Curio shop owner he keeps saying "You already have an incomplete hazmat suit in your inventory" (or something)... when this sim does not have one. The other sim already assembled her hazmat suit with the spore filter. I can't complete his aspiration goal of assembling a suit without this.

Is anyone else having this issue? Also, I tried moving him out and into a separate household by himself and I still get the same pop-up message from the shop owner.

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i hadn't had that happen in my household that i played through the story with and made three suits for, though i'd bought all three suits before working on the spore mask

you could cheat it in, though. if things are acting up for you, i wouldn't be worried about the 'but it's cheating' aspect. you can go to build mode, open the cheat menu (ctrl + shift + c), type testingcheats true (if you hadn't had it turned on in your game already) and then type bb.showhiddenobjects. do an item search for 'hazmat' (top option on lower left side if not done it before...just covering all the bases here), that should pull you over to the section of debug items that has the incomplete hazmat suit, the spore mask, and the complete hazmat suit. any of them when placed on the ground will look like an unopened package (a lot of the debug items in this pack have the same look when placed on the ground). you can then go into live mode and drag the item into inventory and use it normally. also, be warned not to poke around too much in the debug section or you'll things that will spoil the rest of the story for you
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    @kalaksed Thank you! I was going to look in debug next... just wanted to see first if it was an issue with being allowed more than one. So, thank you for verifying that they are allowed to have more than one, thank you for letting me know all versions of the suit are in debug, and not to look too deep into debug as to avoid spoilers!

Very helpful! :)