Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is so depressing

TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
I just had thought that EA | Maxis might be following the same pack release schedule from last year.

February - Game Pack: New/Unique, something that might either surprise or disappoint us.

May/June - Expansion Pack: Highly requested expansion pack (aka: Seasons back in 2019 and we’ll probably having University next)
November - Expansion Pack: usual ep for christmas season
y'all got bread?

Comments

• HannaEBHannaEB Posts: 37 Member
    And we got some really good content last year. Both paid and free.
  • IndigoGreeneIndigoGreene Posts: 49 Member
    I hope we get more than one Game Pack this year! I guess it's depressing for those who wanted a different style of pack (*Cough* witches *cough*) because thats less likely to come out this year now?

I don't mind what the packs are, I'm just excited for more content so I hope we get more releases than last year. It does feel like things are slowing down...

Does anyone know if we will get Stuff Packs anymore?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I hope we get more than one Game Pack this year! I guess it's depressing for those who wanted a different style of pack (*Cough* witches *cough*) because thats less likely to come out this year now?

I don't mind what the packs are, I'm just excited for more content so I hope we get more releases than last year. It does feel like things are slowing down...

Does anyone know if we will get Stuff Packs anymore?

I can't recall anyone officially saying that SPs are a thing of the past, but we've not had one for a year now so...
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    I just had thought that EA | Maxis might be following the same pack release schedule from last year.

February - Game Pack: New/Unique, something that might either surprise or disappoint us.

May/June - Expansion Pack: Highly requested expansion pack (aka: Seasons back in 2019 and we’ll probably having University next)

So what if:
    February: Strangervile GP
    May/June: University
    November: a Supernatural EP or a Tropical Vacation EP?
    because that would be amazing
  • BewitchingSashaBewitchingSasha Posts: 63 Member
    Just give us witches, dear devs, and don't make us wait longer! 😂
    No seriously, they can't ignore occults anymore. And StrangerVille isn't occult or something us "occult players" must be satisfied of just because it isn't realism.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited February 2019
    When ? It doesn't matter as long as the themes are interesting.

I believe it's going crescendo like The Sims 2 and 3.

TS2: EP04 Pets, EP05 Seasons, EP06 Bon Voyage, ...
    TS3: EP05 Pets, EP06 Showtime, EP07 Supernaturals, EP08 Seasons, ...
    TS4: EP04 Cats & Dogs, EP05 Seasons, EP06 Get Famous

I'm still enthusiast about the future.

The 8th bundle will require more Stuff Packs, we should get SP15 and SP16 later.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    It's just the waiting that hurts.

I mean, University and Witches are pretty much 99% going to be released this year, I think. But if it's late year like November only... just put me into a cryogenic pod and wake me up when it's done!
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    SimsBro wrote: »

I mean, University and Witches are pretty much 99% going to be released this year, I think. But if it's late year like November only... just put me into a cryogenic pod and wake me up when it's done!

yeah its the waiting that hurts a lot especially when you don't know the month the next pack will be released in.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member

I don't just want witches, I want the whole town that goes with it. I hope if they are doing it, they will do it right with a magic town.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    A magic town like the one in Makin' Magic would be amazing. I loved that, except for the fact that it was difficult to move there unless you had lots of magic-currency. If they just omitted that particular element it would be perfect.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member

So what if:
    February: Strangervile GP
    May/June: University
    November: a Supernatural EP or a Tropical Vacation EP?
    because that would be amazing

Yessss! I would be content for sure if this happened.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    A magic town like the one in Makin' Magic would be amazing. I loved that, except for the fact that it was difficult to move there unless you had lots of magic-currency. If they just omitted that particular element it would be perfect.

Oh yeah, that was so annoying. And you couldn't preview the houses. I'd saved up magicoins to buy a house there, and when I moved it was smaller than I thought, so I moved them back to their old bigger house. I never got the magicoins back. :\
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I really thought the next GP (recent) would have been either witches or university themes. I didn't expect it to be the present theme. My crystal ball must have a crack in it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I really thought the next GP (recent) would have been either witches or university themes. I didn't expect it to be the present theme. My crystal ball must have a crack in it.

I really hope University comes as an expansion pack rather than a game pack, that's the only way it will be done justice. It is too big for a game pack.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    Yeah, I really believed Witches would be the next GP and University the year's first EP. Strangerville was really surprising.

I'm still betting on University being the next EP though.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member

No I think there will be 2 EPs and possibly another Gamepack or Stuffpack this year. Also I'm hoping for a Free Car Update in a Patch this year.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Yeah, I really believed Witches would be the next GP and University the year's first EP. Strangerville was really surprising.

I'm still betting on University being the next EP though.

If we don't get an Island Paradise Pack or more Pool Items this year I'm going to be very disappointed.
  • Parki67Parki67 Posts: 32 Member
    > @Simplyobsessed said:
    >
    > I really hope University comes as an expansion pack rather than a game pack, that's the only way it will be done justice. It is too big for a game pack.

This, definitely this!
    Universities was so much fun in The Sims 3 I don't see why they wouldn't eventually put it in.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member

No I think there will be 2 EPs and possibly another Gamepack or Stuffpack this year. Also I'm hoping for a Free Car Update in a Patch this year.

I also believe there will be 2 EPs this year and I'm hopeful for another game pack or stuff pack.

WbUrFQm.png
  • kittenwalruskittenwalrus Posts: 25 Member
    > @TheIntrovertSimmer said:
    > I just had thought that EA | Maxis might be following the same pack release schedule from last year.
    >
    > February - Game Pack: New/Unique, something that might either surprise or disappoint us.
    >
    > May/June - Expansion Pack: Highly requested expansion pack (aka: Seasons back in 2019 and we’ll probably having University next)
    > November - Expansion Pack: usual ep for christmas season

But last year they had two stuff packs as well... I think there'll be at least another GP (or SP) out some time.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member

It does feel like things are slowing down...
    I agree with this statement I know we are meant to get 20 (well 19 now) content drops but that could mean anything from EP's too new T shirts
  • IndigoGreeneIndigoGreene Posts: 49 Member
    doogerie wrote: »

I agree with this statement I know we are meant to get 20 (well 19 now) content drops but that could mean anything from EP's too new T shirts

@doogerie I'm sure I read on this forum that the content drops could be for Console as well so that might not even be 19 content drops for PC. Don't quote me though because that might not be factual!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2019
    It would have been less depressing if our sims were interesting. #BetterPersonalities
    Post edited by Jordan061102 on
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    doogerie wrote: »

@doogerie I'm sure I read on this forum that the content drops could be for Console as well so that might not even be 19 content drops for PC. Don't quote me though because that might not be factual!

good point I just assumed seeing as the sims is pimerly a PC title.