Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

coco's corner

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @coco How could I not approve! :)
    I am well, thanks. No more health scares at least! :)
    I visit the forum every day and post here and there but I am around. Sorry that you are unable to spend much time on the forum these days. I hope it's nothing bad and that things are well with you *hugs*
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @Mikezumi I am very glad to hear that you have had no more health problems :smile:
    No, it’s nothing bad just some restructuring at work which means I have less free time. I’m also considering going back to study but that’s a decision I need to think more about. Just wish it were easier to get good jobs here. I saw some pictures on the post your last screenshot thread of Jensen and Jared. Their little boy Darek, I think that was the name, is absolutely gorgeous! :smiley:
    @coco I remember how stressful restructure can be. I worked in a lovely environment for over 20 years before a restructure that made my last few years not so tolerable. My job didn't change much but I absolutely abhorred the woman I ended up working for. A once lovely library which was run by librarians was suddenly run by business people with absolutely no interest in libraries and only cared for meeting business goals.
    Thank you :) I haven't been playing as much as I would like because it's been a little too hot to run the game for more than a sim day at a time. The boys have another son now and I will probably be posting pics soon. I am taking very few pics since I am not talking about what's happening in my game - just enough to have memories of who's who in my families :)
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @coco I think the background is okay. After all, it's there to enhance your gorgeous sims.
    Great work!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @coco Such intense brooding looks and yet my heart goes pitter patter and I find myself opening my fan and waving it back and forth as I peruse the pictures. :love:<3
    You are much missed and I'm sorry things are so busy in your life right now. :::hugs:::
    @mikezumi Working in a library sounds so nice. It's such a shame that the focus changed :disappointed:
    It's been quite cool here lately. Last night I was at a family gathering at a home in an area that was affected by the fires. Thanks to all the rain lately everything is looking so much greener now. Have fun with your boys :smile:

@thuggishsplicer Ahh thank you, you are too nice :smile:

@bekkasan I keep rereading your comment as it's making my heart go pitter patter. Intense and brooding was exactly what I was going for in some of those pics. I miss you and everyone too *hugs*. I'm kind of nervous about tackling the big thread because I've got over 900 unread posts. I must also catch up on your MH family, I hope I haven't missed too much :smile:

You guys are the best. I appreciate you all :heart:

Here's another angle of the brooding stare, and a smile just for you (mind the clipping hair which I am too lazy to edit) @bekkasan :tongue:
    TS3-W-2020-02-14-23-22-17-06-2.png
    TS3-W-2020-02-14-23-17-05-26-2.png
    TS3-W-2020-02-14-23-20-14-32-2.png
    @coco I'm happy that I got the intense and brooding right! He definitely spoke to me!

I would not try to catch up in any way, shape or form on that thread. :open_mouth: It is not as busy as it used to be, but playing catch up would daunt me. Because my work schedule has increased so much I'm only posting an update once a week, maybe twice if I play a lot on the weekend.
    I'm still happily playing the MH family.

Ah yes, I do love that look and wonder what gave him that brooding intensity. The hint of a smile is perfect and just a tiny bit mysterious. <3 I'm sure I would enjoy reading his story someday!
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,118 Member
    I would not try to catch up in any way, shape or form on that thread. :open_mouth: It is not as busy as it used to be, but playing catch up would daunt me.
    ^Amen to that!

I try to cut down on things that overwhelm me in life and if I fall behind on that thread, playing catch up is one of those things I let go. And 99% of the time everyone understands and sends their love. <3

Sorry, not meaning to derail your thread. :p Please post more pics of your lovely sims when you're able. :love:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    Here's another stranger that I am also quite fond of. Flynn is mischievous, charming and irresponsible. By contrast, Sebastian is a lot more serious and tempered so they're the perfect foil for each other. Sadly they don't get along very well and we will see what happens when a girl out of time gets thrown into the mix.
    TS3-W-2020-02-20-19-42-04-03-2.png
    TS3-W-2020-02-20-19-42-38-46-2.png
    TS3-W-2020-02-20-19-48-15-49-2.png
    TS3-W-2020-02-20-19-49-39-37-2.png
    TS3-W-2020-02-20-19-45-30-46-2.png

Just cos they were in the same room here is a picture of both guys. I will probably change their looks more if I ever get around to writing their story. To me (I really love contrasts) they kind of represent the sun and moon so I had to throw some freckles onto Flynn because he's a summer boy. Sebastian is calmer but don't be fooled as there is a storm brewing under that placid expression of his :mrgreen:
    TS3-W-2020-02-20-19-54-06-39-2.png
    edited February 2020
    @coco Hellllooooo Flynn! :love:

Goodness girl, you make some of the handsomest guy sims EVER! <3 I hope you'll be able to find the time soon to tell their story as I would be am very anxious to read it! :mrgreen:

"A girl out of time" huh? I'm intrigued! :)

Edit to add: Do you use a nose mask on your sims? I've been wondering about those and if they make a difference. ;)
    Post edited by emorrill on
    @coco Flynn is adorable! <3 So much handsome in your game! :)
    Looking forward to reading your story and meeting the "girl out of time"!
    @emorrill I worry that they're too plain and samey but I'm glad you find them handsome too! Lol you know me and writing... But I'm making good progress on Saville and Sun's last chapter and epilogue so as soon as that's done I'll be good to go :blush:

I have all of Brntwaffles nosemasks but I use them at a very low opacity just to give a bit of shading on the nose tip. I really love adding subtle blush, pores/freckles, eyeshadow and stubble as the shadowing really makes sims more lifelike in my eyes. Then in photoshop I add a sharpening filter that emphasises the lines a little bit. But that's just me being fussy and overkill :smile:

@mikezumi Thank you! Glad you like him. I checked and Sebastian makes the better female so I probably need to tweak Flynn a bit more. I don't know when the story will be out but hopefully sometime this year :lol:
    Hi, it's been a while since I last posted. I hope everyone is doing alright in these crazy times! I have been in isolation for the last week since losing my job and I keep telling myself that now is the perfect time to get back to my sims. So I did what I always do when I want to play the game but don't have a plan... model my sims! I thought about looking at my Alexander Skarsgard sim but that's a project I've put in the "too hard basket" for now haha. So here's my second attempt at Emma Watson for now. She's not quite right, perhaps the face shape is off or maybe I just need more sliders. I also think sims can look very different depending on how they are posed, and how their mouth, nose and eyes change during an animation.

The first picture is the only one that I see a shred of resemblance in, but the rest are so cute that I couldn't not show them off :mrgreen:

Screenshot-53.png
    Screenshot-13.png
    Screenshot-34.png
    Screenshot-22.png
    Screenshot-31.png
    Screenshot-9.png
    @coco Hey girl! :smiley: It's great to see you post again. I've been thinking about you and hoping that you've been well. <3 These are crazy times.....

Your Emma Watson is perfection. :star: Love that turtle neck sweatshirt! And you're always the queen at setting up the perfect back drops for your sim's photoshoots. :blush:

I too have noticed that sims can look a bit different than their normal look due to a certain way they are posed or whatever face expression they are making. I thought I was the only one! :p
    @emorrill Hey! I've been thinking of you too and your family as well. Stay safe over there :heart:

I really love her sweatshirt too. It looks so cozy and it's something I would totally wear in winter :star:

My mind just went to Hermione and books so I can hardly say that the backdrop is creative, but again it does look very cozy to me :lol:

No no it's not just you. I wish there was some way that we could change the way that a sim's face animates. The game is kind of limited in that way because all sims have the same smile, have the same bug eyes etc. during animations.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Your sim is absolutely beautiful! Glad to see another sim from you.=)
    @GraceyManor Thanks! How have you been? It feels so long since I've read one of your stories :smile:
    @coco Emma is absolutely adorable! You are so talented at setting up the perfect shots for them <3
    I hope you are coping well with isolation and sorry about your job. Keep safe *hugs*
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Gorgeous sims (the females) and the guys are handsome. @coco

Hope that you are alright in these trying times. In self-isolation as well since I’m in a high risk category.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Hi guys, sorry I've been so quiet. I haven't really been in the mood to be creative with anything lately but I have a few new pictures to share (nothing special though!). I'm not really happy with her but it's the closest I can get to my vision of Emma. I tried another attempt after this but it just looked even worse so I think this is the best I can do her. She's still pretty cute and I like her glittery halter top, something I don't think that I would be able to pull off in real life :lol:

Screenshot-63.png
    Screenshot-66.png
    Screenshot-69.png

I hope everyone is doing okay during these strange times *hugs*

@mikezumi I'm not nearly as talented as you are at creating sims :heart: I hope things are going well with you and your son. You will probably be getting a lot of rain down your way tomorrow as we got absolutely drenched here today. I'm so out of the loop, are you playing any special sims at the moment? :smile:

@Nikkei_Simmer Hi Nikkei it's so good to hear from you! I hope you and your family have been well and that you have been able to get food/supplies easily. Have you been continuing your legacy story? I hope to catch up with everything soon, I think I'm just lacking a bit of motivation and focus at the moment :smile:
    edited April 2020
    @coco Adorable pics! Although I have a tendency to keep tweaking my sims, I sometimes feel like I lose the look that best captures the celebrity I am trying to make too! I think you are in a good place to stop now because you really have captured Emma :)
    I haven't been playing lately but I load my game most days to tweak a sim or two :) I am tweaking and making over townies and then making single sim households (making sure to name the file after each sim so I can find them easily) so that I can easily populate a fresh town when I am ready to play a generational game :)
    Don't apologize for being quiet. Sometimes down time is just what the doctor ordered. I know how stressed I feel at the moment and can only imagine it is worse for those who lost jobs *hugs*
    I think I heard that rain is coming this way tomorrow. I hope it clears for a little, though, because I haven't shopped for a few days and I have a cat and son to feed! :D
    Lovely to see you here but don't feel you need to be *hugs*

Edit to add: I was very happy with how Dante Morganthe turned out :)
    49799448808_497a24e48c_o.jpg
    @mikezumi I end up making their features too small and then they start looking like monsters :lol:
    I look forward to seeing your new generational game. I find tweaking sims can be very relaxing and it will be well worth the effort once all those townies start mixing genetics! :smiley:
    I'm sorry you have been feeling stressed *hugs*. I hope you have been able to find toilet paper, tissues, rice, pasta etc. It seems to be a little easier to get those things now. I'm not struggling with those items anymore, I just feel a bit useless and aimless at the moment. Technically I'm still employed but they don't want to pay me for JobKeeper, and now I'm getting some JobSeeker payments but it's a bit of a mess.
    I have so many pictures to share but I need to write words to go with them and that's always the area that I struggle with. I'm not going anywhere though :smile:
    Dante is so lovely! I like everything about him and I'm sure he would make very beautiful children :love:

@coco Hi, sorry I missed your previous posts. I think your Emma is awesome. You've done an outstanding job on her.
    I'm sorry to hear you lost your job with the pandemic. This has been devastating for the entire world. Because I'm essential I'm still working. My visits have dropped though as people don't want nurses or therapists in their homes unless absolutely no other choice. I have to say I can't blame them. I'm in the high-risk category so I'm not taking anyone that is known to be exposed to the virus and staying home if I'm not working. I'm still playing when I'm home. It helps me keep my stress level down and takes my mind off things I cannot change or do anything about. Miss you bunches! :::hugs:::
    @coco Hey girl! :smiley: I've been thinking about you lately. :kissing_heart: Forgive me for not reaching out via text. I've had so many distractions in my life lately since all this COVID-19 stuff. :pensive:

Your Emma still looks fantastic and accurate as usual! :star: That shimmery halter top is HOT! :blush:

Sorry you lost your job. :cry: I do hope they can find some way to control this virus so people can return to work and get the world's economy back on it's feet. My thoughts and prayers are with you. <3
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes your latest attempt looks a lot closer to the Emma Watson from Harry Potter that I know. Good work! :) She is beautiful!
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures