Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Surprise: No Patch in March.

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    It gives the Modders a respite for a month or more so they must be grateful for the news before they have to start all over again. :) They might even come with more bug killers.
  • KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    I'm not looking for any free content, I would actually just like if they focus on fixing serious issues that people are having. The scientist outfits, the spa outfits, the overlapping festivals, seasons decorations getting stuck, and whatever else people are struggling with.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Kolby wrote: »
    I'm not looking for any free content, I would actually just like if they focus on fixing serious issues that people are having. The scientist outfits, the spa outfits, the overlapping festivals, seasons decorations getting stuck, and whatever else people are struggling with.

Retail bugs, vampire perks bugs, GF brand bugs, CL apartment neighbour bugs, NPC's wearing the wrong outfits, there are too many to list and some have been around for years now.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I personally do not think it's a good idea to have the game go longer without patches. I don't think it's good for the stability of it in general. The thing that doesn't make sense to me is why they're choosing to go without a patch. Patches don't always need to have new content. I don't understand why they feel they have to go without a patch if they're not releasing any new content that month.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I do testing for our software at work (that's not my real job - I'm just the last person standing who knows anything about our ancient program), and quite often, a move to production will be delayed because a major new feature or fix is bugged. It's too much trouble to take that one thing out (and might cause problems with some of the minor fixes, which have been tested with the big thing). Also, every patch, no matter how minor, risks creating a major new bug (or, as so often happens) reviving an old bug.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2019
    I think another thing to keep in mind is that scheduling updates by month can be messy. We had a late-February update. If a pack or major feature was scheduled for early to mid-April, adding another patch in between those could be near impossible for the build schedule. SOURCE: Spouse, a manager (until very recently) of QA and build schedules.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    And here I was hoping they would fix the science career so I could get back to my game. No patch, no fix.

It seems that the science career has been "fixed" by adding the new Game Pack Strange Town. To me it seems unfair, leaving us with no choice of buying it or not. In my opinion we should be able to choose NOT to install Strange town and still have properly dressed scientists. I am SO disappointed.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I know the content is getting better, but why the updates are not monthly? There are so many bugs to be fixed, why they have to compile a lot of bug fixes to release a patch? Just send fixes everytime, even if they are one or two instead of a bunch compiled sometimes. This way the community feel like the devs are active and care for the game (we know they care, but most players feel abandoned when we get months without anything).
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    And here I was hoping they would fix the science career so I could get back to my game. No patch, no fix.

It seems that the science career has been "fixed" by adding the new Game Pack Strange Town. To me it seems unfair, leaving us with no choice of buying it or not. In my opinion we should be able to choose NOT to install Strange town and still have properly dressed scientists. I am SO disappointed.

What science career bug do you guys mean? And how is it fixed by buying Strangerville? Haven't played the science career in a long time and don't own the new pack, so I'm completely out of the loop here.
    So can we establish a pattern of which months are going to be empty then?
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member

Probably not. SimGuruGrant said that they change release date of packs each year

Probably not. SimGuruGrant said that they change release date of packs each year

So it changes based on problems with upcoming content to be released?

There are many reasons for that. You just mentioned one. Another Reason is to prevent fans predicting stuff based on previous release dates. Also another one is to find the best release dates based on what they can make and what the fans want a lot.

There are many reasons for that. You just mentioned one. Another Reason is to prevent fans predicting stuff based on previous release dates. Also another one is to find the best release dates based on what they can make and what the fans want a lot.

So it sounds like they're also trying to avoid the fans overhyping themselves, only to be let down because a different pack than what they thought came out.

So it sounds like they're also trying to avoid the fans overhyping themselves, only to be let down because a different pack than what they thought came out.

I mean, SimGuruGrant did say that 2019 will be "Surprising".... maybe this means that we are going to get another unique pack by the end of 2019??
    Well, granted that they did surprise announce Seasons last year, it's possible.hoping they'll do that with Werewolves but that's just me.
    Well, granted that they did surprise announce Seasons last year, it's possible.hoping they'll do that with Werewolves but that's just me.

It's not only you but also me lol. We're starving for another Occult since vampires
    Alright, I guess the going without a patch thing for a month makes a little more sense now, although I'm still not entirely happy with it, I can deal with it.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    People are kind of angry over at answer hq so they are not really showing their best right now.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    This is fine by me honestly; means I don't have to update my mods as often.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited March 2019

What science career bug do you guys mean? And how is it fixed by buying Strangerville? Haven't played the science career in a long time and don't own the new pack, so I'm completely out of the loop here.

A very big science career bug, where our scientists after the latest patch were wearing unapropriate clothes and/or women's clothes at work:
    A couple examples
    TjWdkge.jpg
    F51RnZH.jpg
    1Hy27l3.jpg

"Fixed" by buying and installing the new Game Pack Stranger Ville, because the scientists are working at a secret lab there, too.
  • SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    Maybe there will be an update/patch in April? They could be planning new updates... :D
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    edited March 2019
    Oh good. Vampires get to remain broken for another month. I'm honestly extremely unimpressed with that. They are a main feature of a pack and they've been broken since the GF patch. I don't expect monthly free content I just expect large issues to be addressed?
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited March 2019
    I think they put out content pretty often. Also it might seem like less since stuff packs stopped cause those used to be thrown around everywhere in between packs and now it's longer waits for more EP's.

But I feel ya. It's hard for me to wait this time more than any other just cause I didn't care much for GF, though I bought it and am enjoying the acting career, I just don't like celebrity stuff in my game much, and then I hate SV and will never buy soooooo it's been a dry spell since seasons for me. Loved our sliding doors and ceiling fans though!! I'm happy with the flow of releases. Looking forward to university...and CARS oh yeah.

So I read that wrong. It says PATCH not packs. OK...yeah there's quite a few things that need fixed. I see the issue here
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Blame people that complained about too many stuff packs. They’re the reason why we get fewer packs and thus fewer patches.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png