Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Surprise: No Patch in March.

rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
SimGuruKate just confirmed there will (again) not be a patch in March.

No wonder they have ''at least 3 more years of content left!''

They just seem to spread things out a lot now, and same seems all of the sudden also to be the case with patches..

Comments

• Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    And here I was hoping they would fix the science career so I could get back to my game. No patch, no fix.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited February 2019
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Ermmm ... I'd say we've gotten more content in 2018 + end of 2017 than we'd gotten in the years before that. Seems they're releasing less but what they release is bigger? So yes, I think it's bearable right now :D

You're right. We have at least 3 more years of patches left. Even if it's only 1 patch per year, it still is 3 years.

Get the logic? ''at least 3 years of content left'' doesn't mean we're getting more in the end, it just means they are making gaps between releases longer and keep pretending they have ''at least 3 more years of content left!'' (makes it seem that they have a lot to release).

Also was talking about patches, not about packs specifically.

There are a lof of bugs still present in the game, and all of the sudden it seems to be a problem to have a monthly bugfix patch? Never has been an issue before.

Also what might be nice to have for one person, doesn't mean everyone likes all their releases. These people are basically still waiting for anything to add to their playstyle.

I liked stuffpacks btw. (with the exception of some obviously) ;)
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

They just seem to spread things out a lot now, and same seems all of the sudden also to be the case with patches.

THIS is what I have been saying all along...they are gonna stretch this as long as possible, no necessarily that they have so much content in mind, but they are working on so little but they are gonna stretch it out in 3 years time.

SMH...

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    well, definitely not tuning into the maxis monthly. I'm just glad they got us the terrain editing patch. I'd hate to still be waiting for that.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

They just seem to spread things out a lot now, and same seems all of the sudden also to be the case with patches.

THIS is what I have been saying all along...they are gonna stretch this as long as possible, no necessarily that they have so much content in mind, but they are working on so little but they are gonna stretch it out in 3 years time.

SMH...

All I want now is an island paradise pack.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I would hope that they are working on an EP coming out in April then with all hands on deck! I am an optimist though. :)
  • Options
    i hope they dont drag stuff out id like for them to keep it normal ts4 is good it just needs patches who knows what theys do the sims 5
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Oh for god sake, it’s the one thing both versions need is bug fixes.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2019
    Prehaps were not getting a patch cause their finishing up an Expansion. I just wonder if those voice actors was for GP 7 or an upcoming Expansion.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Sigh. So my science career sims will still wear a mish-mash of odd outfits. :( I'm ok with not having any new free content, I just wanted things fixed. I thought they would have jumped on that bug immediately. Wow. I'm very disappointed.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    They have yet fixed the vampire bug introduced in get famous patch, even in a patch notes they fixed bugs that i never even noticed they were exist in the game.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    Well, if anything we know for sure there won't be any content released on March since there's always patches before or shortly after EPs or GPs, right?
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member

SMH...

All I want now is an island paradise pack.

I do too. It is essential for my peace of mind.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Ermmm ... I'd say we've gotten more content in 2018 + end of 2017 than we'd gotten in the years before that. Seems they're releasing less but what they release is bigger? So yes, I think it's bearable right now :D

You're right. We have at least 3 more years of patches left. Even if it's only 1 patch per year, it still is 3 years.

We're getting at least 3 more patches. Yay!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Busy at work fixing simulation lag, I hope.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm not even going to elaborate on how disappointing this is. Bugs will haunt this game when it's all over just like what happened to TS3 hear my words....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm not even going to elaborate on how disappointing this is. Bugs will haunt this game when it's all over just like what happened to TS3 hear my words....

Sadly, you are probably right. The trouble is that EA grounds are too big to march with placards all around, saying "Sort the Bugs" How about a thread with this or similar title? Don't suggest I don't buy packs. I still like the game.

(If Rockstar Games made Sims games I could go round there and parade or bang on their windows. It's just a short walk away)!
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    That's a shame, the monthly patches were the one constant about the game, even if they were simple bug fixes. With no teasers and now no patches it makes it a little harder to stay invested. But hopefully this means another game pack or expansion in April
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Finally people grasp the truth. Sims 4 lasting longer doesn't mean getting more
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    *sigh* Seriously, there are more than enough bug fixes needed to warrant a patch a month, we don't always need new content. I personally don't have a huge amount of bugs in the game, just a few that are highly annoying...but it really makes me wonder what the point is to let the Gurus know of any bugs exist after a patch if it's going to take eons to get them fixed? I understand programming is hard, especially when you're trying to fix one thing without breaking 40 more things...but it really seems like the community as a whole is being ignored on this. I'm sure the Devs have more awesome things in store for us but didn't Kate say that things are already set as far as patches/content and when they release Maybe they need some more wiggle room to address the issues that crop up.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Well I am glad we are aware there is nothing coming in March so we can skip the speculation. Thanks @SimGuruKate for letting us know. This is the kind of communication I am looking for personally.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I actually meant to address that in my ramble - excuse it, I'm exhausted and about to nap - so thanks for the reminder @keekee53! I am very happy that @SimGuruKate told us not only that there is no patch, but what to expect from the upcoming Maxis Monthly. Many thanks, Kate!
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Well, that's a bummer. Oh well. :) On to the next month then!