Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues to purchase/download StrangerVille

124...Next

Comments

• IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited February 2019
    Signing out, exiting the program and opening it up to log in again worked for me.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I logged in and out of orgin and was able to get it. I might wait till tomorrow to start playing though. I’m hoping we get an emergency patch to fix the science career outfit issue, as that’s going to be a big part of the story I’m going to play out and it’ll be too distracting.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I'm also having this issue. I hope I can download it before work!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It's not on Origin what is this witchcraft?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    I was having the same thing, but I just reloaded the page.

• dixielandshdixielandsh Posts: 327 Member
    I bought the new Strangerville. It states I own it and need to download it. No option to download. What do I do next?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I bought the new Strangerville. It states I own it and need to download it. No option to download. What do I do next?

I went through that issue too. It was a pita, but I finally got it by right-clicking on the game and then the more tab to get to game packs.
  • hotshocolatehotshocolate Posts: 15 Member
    I think the release date was the 26th, now it's the 27th and I'm still having the same issue. It just redirects me to the sims 4 digital deluxe page as soon as I click on Strangerville. So far I think the only way to actually buy it may be through the browser
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I'm trying to buy this pack and it's not coming up under the Gamepack option under the More tab in origins. Every time I go to the store to try and purchase it there I keep getting a prompt to buy the Sims 4 Dulux edition, which I don't need because I already own the Dulux edition. Am I missing something or is Origin screwing with me?
    (P.S Sorry if this isn't making much sense, I've had a long day and my brain is scrambled)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I had trouble finding it too. There was just a small picture (the one with the bowl thing on the guys head) near the top. No name on it. I just clicked on the picture an it took me there. You could also type it in the search. Happy hunting.
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    I had this as well! If you go in-game and click the pack icon while in the menu, it will allow you to buy it. You then need to exit the game and force an update for the game. I had to restart Origin for that!
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Gagea wrote: »

Thanks, I found it now. :)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    I refreshed the page and that fixed it for me! I’m playing tonight!

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    I've moved and merged several comments here. This post is for everyone to get a notification, so you can find your posts.
    If anyone is still having issues - please, check the first post in this discussion.

Thanks!
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    So I bought the new GP & started the game up. Got a message saying that a new pack was being downloaded & that I would get a message when it was finished. Now I can't see how far the download has got or even if anything has actually happened. I'm sure that it doesn't usually take so long - I've been waiting maybe 90 minutes? How/where can I find out if anything is happening?
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I had the same thing happen to me when I bought Strangerville. I exited TS4, then clicked “reload page” on the Origin menu in the Origin client. Then it let me download it through Origin.
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I've been unable to even down load it . Something must be going on at Origin 'cus the page to download it takes you to something else sim. I'm just gonna have to wait it out and see what happens.
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    I left it overnight & it's finally downloaded. It seems weird that there's no way of seeing the download progress anywhere.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Go buy the Sims 4 tech help for pc if that is the platform that you are using. This is a known problem and for me the way to fix it was outlined there.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top