Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Sale Patterns?

storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
edited February 2019 in Off Topic Chat
Hi everyone!

I was searching the web and *trying* to search the forums but can't find a definitive answer.

Does anyone know Origin's sale patterns/history? I want to buy the new GP, and I AM willing to pay full price. However, if I buy it and they have, say, an April Fool's Day Sale on April 1 (in only three days), I will kick myself for not waiting lol.

Is there any history available anywhere, so I can at least try to predict when it will go on sale? If it won't for more than a month I'll just buy it now like everyone else... but I just figured I'd try to get a deal ;)

Thanks!

EDIT: I have been notified that April 1 is NOT in three days lol, and I have consistently been thinking it's March for who knows how long now...
Post edited by storyy on

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    edited February 2019
    April fools is not in 3 days. XD

They tend to have sales during holidays. Maybe they might have one for Easter which is in April?

Most of the time, new packs don't go on sale within a month of its release anyways. Give or take tho. This is my first time waiting for a sale cuz I used to buy packs when they come out.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    April fools is not in 3 days. XD

They tend to have sales during holidays. Maybe they might have one for Easter which is in April?

Most of the time, new packs don't go on sale within a month of its release anyways. Give or take tho. This is my first time waiting for a sale cuz I used to buy packs when they come out.
    Oh my gosh @DeKay that is the SECOND time I've thought it was March in the past two weeks lol. Thanks for the reminder ;)

I would just wait for sales when I wanted to buy the new EPs/GPs. Stuff Packs didn't generally go on sale for a long time so sometimes I'd just buy those WITH a bigger pack on sale... I recently completed my collection though, and now I'm wondering if I am willing to go without the latest additions lol!

I wonder if we'll get lucky with a St. Paddy's Day sale lol...
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Even if there was an upcoming sale, the newest packs don't generally go on sale. I don't know the exact pattern though. I suspect it's usually something like 6 months before they'll put it on sale though.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • ScottishAsetScottishAset Posts: 9 New Member
    Whenever a new pack is launched at least one older pack is usually put on sale (I just got Fitness Stuff at 55% off when Strangeville launched)
  • g1raff3sg1raff3s Posts: 38 Member
    Not a pattern but if you're still interested, Origin is having a *Publishers Sale* where games are about 50% off, the sale's page does mention up to 85% off but that's solely for the base game.