Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many can I have?

Can I have more than one Mods folder? Not stacked within each other but separate from one another inside my Sims 4 folder?

Like...

Sims4I
Mods
Mods
Mods
Local thumb cache
Etc.

Comments

• AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Can't you just... test it out yourself? Take out all of your mods and CC and then put in easily noticeable mods in the seperate files you described. Then you'd have your answer. Unless you're away from your Simming computer, I don't see why you didn't just test it yourself instead of asking.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Can I have more than one Mods folder? Not stacked within each other but separate from one another inside my Sims 4 folder?

Like...

Sims4I
    Mods
    Mods
    Mods
    Local thumb cache
    Etc.

No, you cannot. The game can't read more than one Mods folder at a time.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Even if you tried to do that they would just combine from all having the same name, wouldn't they?
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2019
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

Like...

Sims4I
    Mods
    Mods
    Mods
    Local thumb cache
    Etc.

No, you cannot. The game can't read more than one Mods folder at a time.

Okay, thanks. I just was trying to think of a way to organize my hoard.
    Cupid wrote: »
    Even if you tried to do that they would just combine from all having the same name, wouldn't they?

I guess I was thinking of making them slightly differently like Mods, Mods 2, Mods 3. But it's not doable I guess.
    Can't you just... test it out yourself? Take out all of your mods and CC and then put in easily noticeable mods in the seperate files you described. Then you'd have your answer. Unless you're away from your Simming computer, I don't see why you didn't just test it yourself instead of asking.

I have been caring for my dog who has suddenly been having massive seizures. I was asking the question as I waited at the emergency pet clinic to see what's going on with him. 😞
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited February 2019
    If you wanted to have different Mod folders to match different saves that's still doable, I would suggest rotating them as you play. Store the unplayed Mods folders in Documents or on your desktop, somewhere not associated with the game. Then have the Mods folder that matches the Save you are using that day in the Sims 4 Folder. It won't affect your other Saves unless you open them with the wrong Mods folder in the Sims 4 Folder and then "save" your game.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    If you wanted to have different Mod folders to match different saves that's still doable, I would suggest rotating them as you play. Store the unplayed Mods folders in Documents or on your desktop, somewhere not associated with the game. Then have the Mods folder that matches the Save you are using that day in the Sims 4 Folder. It won't affect your other Saves unless you open them with the wrong Mods folder in the Sims 4 Folder and then "save" your game.

That’s a pretty clever idea. Thanks 👍🏻