Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous Mod??

is there some type of mod that can stop so many celebrity townies from generating...ive turned off the get famous thing in the game settings but that doesnt seem to stop new ones from appearing. I just want to be able to pick and choose who is a celebrity in my game. If anyone has a mod or even a way to fix this through MCCC please let me know! its soooo annoying

Comments

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I saw someone recommend removing the Hottest Spot in Town and Up-and-Coming Hotspot lot traits from any community lots in your world. These traits dictate how often celebrities show up at the lot they've been applied to, so if you never removed them, any time you visit a lot with one of these traits, the game will need to generate celebrities to show up.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited April 2019
    just use testingcheats and make a bunch of premades celebrities ;) i do it all the time and the game never spawns Genji Yamamoto the pearshaped elder as the big global superstar anymore! suggestions for premades who would make sense: Obviously Bella and Mortimer Goth! since they are basically Sims royalty anyways, Penny Pizzazz because her bio states she is a famous A-lister, the Jangs, The Fengs, The Paragon members, especially Sofia Bjergsen and Siobhan Fyres, The Mix masters (Dominic 2 star because he is their leader and Candy and Joaquin 1 star celeb), The Calientes and Don Lothario and Diego Lobo are all reasonable pick that make sense because of careers or club prominence, and i usually also make the Landgraabs and Summer Holiday, Liberty Lee, Zoe Patel, Yuki Behr, the Villareals except Hugo because i despise him.. Clara and Elsa Bjergsen (i never care about Bjorn), Morgan and Moira Fyres and Vladislaus Straudd celebrities to prevent them from becoming annoying fans and thus stay normal. all you have to do is to start a fresh save, go to worldbuilder, then pick each family you want to make celebs in and when enabled you can alter their celebrity level and image, quirks etc via image when Shift-clicking each sim you want to alter.

It is quite some work but here is a tip: create a seperate save file after you are finished and call the save "premade celebrities added" or something and keep that one clean (just save as and make new saves for your games) and when you feel like starting another game you can use that one and save you all the work!