Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to change two sims attraction for each other?

It could be a cheat or anything.

Basically, I have two sims, I think they look really cute together. They have a lot of the same traits and all their traits are compatible. For some reason, however, they find each other hideous. I have a mod that shows how they would score each other on a one to ten basis and they give each other a one. It's funny because they both have the irresistible trait.

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    How well do they know each other? Sometimes it's just a matter of getting the relationship bar higher and then have them gauge attraction again. I have never had sims rate each other at 1 before but I have had low ratings that eventually went up to 10 after a while.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Sometimes these things do take time. But there could be a factor providing a huge attraction penalty that they haven't yet been able to overcome. Gender preference or a very poor reputation, for example.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @igazor I didn't even consider gender preference! I guess I just assumed that since the OP used mods they would already know that but I guess not everyone checks for that, unlike me who checks the gender preference of every sim born in my saves! :D
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    They just met.

I just fixed it to both of them are attracted to females at a 10. They still find each other hideous.

I'm not too familiar with the reputation system. If they were both high level rebels would that help?

I guess it doesn't matter I can make them love each other eventually, but the story I had in my head is that it would be overwhelming attraction and desire at first sight.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    You can check their reputation (from ... Generations?) in the scrapbook. The UL social groups are something different.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Is it possible something happened, that one of them is offended by the other for some reason? Then it may be a temporary thing.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    What mod do you use that shows the rating?
    I don't use generations...I don't like the kids always dressing like kings, singing to their dolls, and the curfew.

Yeah...I probably can't name this particular mod but its initials are KW and recommend it thoroughly.

edited February 2019
    @AthenaOnyx Since you already use mods, you could have Generations and not have to worry about "kids always dressing like kings, singing to their dolls, and the curfew". :)
    edited February 2019
    (facepalms) I was curious about which mod we were talking about here but was kind of afraid to ask. For those not familiar, it is not one of ours and is in fact incompatible with quite a few NRaas mods. The standard game's rules of attraction would indeed no longer apply. And no, it most certainly cannot be mentioned here by name.

It should be pointed out though that the mod's programming is not refined, it tends to ruin the chances for long-term ongoing games, and is not removable in the sense that one has to start their games over if they wish to proceed without it. Many players have had to subsequently rebuild their TS3 user game folder after removing it. It might have been better if its developer were a bit more clear about these things before players accustomed to better programmed mods that are properly removable add it to their games.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    I forced the two to become roommates and after a day or two of sharing bunk beds they get the "Oh La La" moodlet around each other. They are still just acquaintances so I don't know why. I guess love is strange even in the sims' world albeit far less complicated.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I also got curious, and no, not for me! :D Perfectly content with just the "w" mod!

Perhaps just let them build up their friendship (by spamming friendly interactions), I have good functioning couples who never got the "attractive company" moodlet.

Personally, if two of my sims are so adverse to a relationship with each other, I take it as a sign that they are not meant to be. But I´m weak in that aspect (letting my sims tell me what to do...). :p
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I am highly amused by this conversation!
    igazor wrote: »
    (facepalms) I was curious about which mod we were talking about here but was kind of afraid to ask. For those not familiar, it is not one of ours and is in fact incompatible with quite a few NRaas mods. The standard game's rules of attraction would indeed no longer apply. And no, it most certainly cannot be mentioned here by name.

It should be pointed out though that the mod's programming is not refined, it tends to ruin the chances for long-term ongoing games, and is not removable in the sense that one has to start their games over if they wish to proceed without it. Many players have had to subsequently rebuild their TS3 user game folder after removing it. It might have been better if its developer were a bit more clear about these things before players accustomed to better programmed mods that are properly removable add it to their games.

Wow, thanks for letting me know. I took out error trap because of it and I have already had some trouble. It spices up the game, gosh. Sigh.
    @AthenaOnyx - Sure, if you consider hydrochloric acid to be a "spice."

Not being at all morally judgmental over the mod's purview, only the way in which it was programmed, the absolute disdain that its developer has shown for us at NRaas, and the many hours spent trying to help players get their games salvaged after their having removed the mod (almost always not successful).

The point is though, no one should be adding mods programmed that way to games that they wish to play forward for a long time. It should go more like, let's make a spare copy of this ongoing game and set fire to it to see what happens, then go back to the "regular" one without the mod and resume as if nothing happened since the result above won't be playable anymore. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor I'm going to remove it as I already had trouble with some things in Edit town mode. I really loved being able to see what integer sims rate each other at as well some of the other savory features. I would really love to see more mods about sim chemistry in the future, for example I'd love to make a sim that's attracted to shy bookworms or inappropriate losers or neat, irresistible cooks. It's such a shame that that can't be done in sims3.

If you could answer a technical question for me, it would be lovely: I want to move a graphics card from a computer that I can no longer load into another computer. I do not know what the graphic card is and I am not sure if it's compatible with the computer I want to put it in. The new computer is superior to the old one in many ways but are on the same operating system. If the card is not compatible what risks am I looking at if I move it over?
    @AthenaOnyx - NRaas Chemistry, the next major mod being worked on, will be a redo of the TS3 attraction system. Progress on it has stalled, however, because our developer is also our webmaster and the recent move and site issues since then have been consuming all of his time. He hopes to return to actually working on the mods eventually.

No one would be able to answer the hardware question without knowing a lot more specifics. GPUs need to have sufficient power and cooling to work properly, and they must be compatible with the system board onto which they are being added. The risks are it won't work or your computer will overheat and sustain damage. Must this be a do-it yourself project, or is there a techie (paid service or otherwise) available to assist in-person?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    The person who's going to help hasn't done much in the way of computers but he has restored corvettes so he's mechanically minded.

Is there any information on the upcoming chemistry system online?
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    The person who's going to help hasn't done much in the way of computers but he has restored corvettes so he's mechanically minded.
    If your helper does not know about system board compatibility and PSU (power unit) compliance, I'm not very confident that you will have a successful end-result here. You don't need me to tell you that a computer is not a corvette. Again, no one could advise unless we knew which graphics card we are talking about and more about the system into which you wish to insert it (and what does that system have currently).

AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    Is there any information on the upcoming chemistry system online?
    We've assisted our developer with color matching subroutines and some stress tests on a couple of the future mod's features. There was never an alpha release, it's far too soon for even that, let alone a beta release that the public can see.

Okay, to be perfectly honest, everyone who looked like our developer was deemed attractive by all sims involved in the testing. But hey, he had to start somewhere. ;)

The testing pages were taken down because, for right now, there is really nothing to see.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @Auroraskies - I know that was not meant to be a serious contribution to the discussion, but nowhere on that page does it say that auto-mechanics are necessarily qualified to install and repair computer hardware. I suppose you would like this talented mechanic to swing by when they are finished and remove your appendix (or put one back in if yours has gone missing)? :o

It's perfectly fine if you guys wish to subject your hardware to such treatment as it's your hardware. But you run the very real risk of having a fused mass of metal in the end that doesn't actually do anything except act as paperweight.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Yes @igazor , it was just a joke. I forgot the smiley and will add it here, and it does not mean that I am sticking my tongue out to you or doing a bronx cheer. :tongue:
    I managed to get the card out of the old corvette...I mean computer...

It's a Geforce GT 730 and my computer is a Dell Optiplex