Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sad Clown Snowman?

XlNFCOI.jpg
i noticed this near the edge of my lot this morning, i didn't see any of my sims build it was just... there

i've never seen a sad clown snowman before, i didnt even know they were a thing! anyone else have experiences with this thing?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    There are six types of snowmen in TS3. Which one sims may build beyond the classic type depends on their traits and other particular factors.
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Snowman
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    So a grumpy sim must have built him. I’ve only ever had plain ones, nice idea to try and build them all (in fact I remember someone here has done that).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    So a grumpy sim must have built him. I’ve only ever had plain ones, nice idea to try and build them all (in fact I remember someone here has done that).

I did it once. I made a sim with one trait specific to each type of snowman, and had him build them until he finally had made all of the different types. I think it took something like all day for two or three sim days before he finally made the last one.

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Don't forget you snowman making freaks that

Before winter is over you can

Go in build/buy mode

Grab your snowman

Put it in your family inventory

Use them again next year

This one...

vJnFile.png

I tossed in my yard during the summer to show you,yupp very same snowman

VLVPQUY.png
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited February 2019
    These pictures are from my Isla Paradiso Bunch videos.

I got them to build all of the snowmen at the site they were going to build the 5 star resort. This reminds me, I still have about 80 snowmen in their household inventory.

The snowmen are - Classic, Hockey Player, Evil, Alien, Tragic Clown, Grim Reaper. The tragic clown was the hardest as the sim had to be really sad so I had to pull down their happiness and probably some other things too before they'd build it.

You can usually easily get the Grim Reaper if there is a grave on the lot.

MerylAndSnowmen001.jpg

AlienSnowmen001.jpg

TragicClownSnowmen001.jpg
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Such nice pictures. I have never gotten the tragic clown (or the evil one), thanks for showing that! I need to make more grumpy sims; I always thought Günther was so charming, I do not know why I do not use that trait more often.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Never seen that one before. I have seen a few including the aliens
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    That's a nice coincidence - not long after reading this thread I saw a sad clown snowman in game for the first time! NRAAS SP notified me that two townies, Luke and Tracy, had started a relationship. I clicked on the portrait to see what Luke and Tracy were doing, and found them on the school playground. Luke was standing next to a sad clown snowman he had just built and staring wistfully at Tracy. I thought, "This is not a relationship. This is Luke being a creepy stalker!"

5eswdOI.jpg
  • spongebobspongebob Posts: 38 Member
    haha, thanks to all of you for the responses! this is so strange, none of my sims have the grumpy trait and i didnt see any of them build it (we didn't have any visitors either).... maybe one of my sim's ex-wife who died on the lot did??
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited March 2019
    When i saw my first tragic clown snowman it was on the home lot and i found it already complete. I dont think a sim has to be grumpy. Having their needs mostly close to or in the red zone is more likely to result in success. To get my sim to build the snowman in my pic above i had to use testing cheats and drag her needs down. I was scared she'd die but i really wanted that snowman.
  • spongebobspongebob Posts: 38 Member
    @Karritz i wonder who built the original snowman you found? i randomly found mine complete on my home lot too O=