March 19 - The Sims Alexa Skill got a StrangerVille and Medieval update! Read the details here.

What you do with your dead?

After having played so long generating a full world of perfect adults who never die.... I change my gameplay and start a brand new world trying to use as less as possible the green drink and the (too) sophisticated self-made building...

So I'm going to generate dead and ghosts.

Let's say I don't want to use simPe and same time and I don't want to corrupt my game ...

So what is your way to deal with a growing population of dead/ghosts? Do you open a graveyard, do you keep them in your inventory, do you live on second floor only? What's your favorite way to manage them?

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 2,660 Member
    I have 64x64 lot as a both sim and pet graveyard. I send the graves there by taking them out of the inventory, clicking on it and choosing a interaction to send (all) gravestones to a community lot.
    I have found that the gravestones disappear when you put them in your sim's inventory, go to a community lot, click on the ground, and choose Place [Sim's Name] gravestone here.
    You can never discover The Sims games 100%. Even when you think you know everything, the game manages to surprise you.
    That's why I do experiments in the game from time to time and tutorial videos on YouTube.
  • PleasantSimsPleasantSims Posts: 24 Member
    I build a graveyard where I send all my dead Sims in every neighborhood. I wait until their ghost appears before sending them so they will "haunt" the graveyard.

I've never had an issue with the gravestones disappearing and I always put them in a Sim's inventory, take them to the lot, and click on the ground as you described @EgonVM. Hearing that you've had them disappear makes me a little nervous about doing it this way, but I've literally done this dozens of times and all my gravestones are there. :#
    ~ BLOG: Pleasant Sims

~ YOUTUBE: Let's Play Sims 2 & 3

~ INSTA: Pleasant Simstagram

~ TWITTER: Tweet at Me

~ PINTEREST: CC Finds
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 2,566 Member
    edited February 23
    I have a separate graveyard or I use the Downtown one. I just click on the tombstones on my home lot choose move to: "insert location" and then go to neighbourhood, enter the graveyard and place the stones where i want them to be. You will find them all lined up along the front of the lot. I don't have to take a sim with me. Unless you want them to place it like a sim burial style. I don't leave them in inventory anymore as I have had them disappear from there.

Just edited to say when i go into graveyard thru neighbourhood I use the build mode. That way i can decorate the site at the same time.
  • violaineTviolaineT Posts: 47 Member
    There is no limit? I m enjoying the idea to see a full of ghost graveyard although I'm bit scared it will lag a lot.
  • PleasantSimsPleasantSims Posts: 24 Member
    Yeah, I have my Sims take them to "bury" their loved ones. But I do it right away. I never leave them in the inventory for longer than it takes to get them to the cemetery lot.

I don't know if there's a limit. It might get laggy eventually, but I've had dozens of graves on a lot and never had a problem.
    ~ BLOG: Pleasant Sims

~ YOUTUBE: Let's Play Sims 2 & 3

~ INSTA: Pleasant Simstagram

~ TWITTER: Tweet at Me

~ PINTEREST: CC Finds
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 2,904 Member
    I've left graves in my inventory for at least a season and didn't have a problem (I was too busy slave-driving them to send them to the cemetery).
    I take them to my cemetery lot for each neighborhood and place them. I have built mausoleums for the larger families and I place "altars" to get the urns off the ground and I often place statues or flowers as well to decorate. So far, I haven't had any disappear.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    Altar so the ghost can't move away? Cool idea if so.
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 194 Member
    In my custom hood (which is what I mainly use), I have a cemetery in the main section as well as Gothier Green Lawns in Downtown. I use both to put graves in and I have two different Sims who own the cemeteries and tend them as groundskeepers. That way, I can keep an eye on everything.
    Origin ID: AudreyxxHorne
  • Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 51 Member
    I make a community lot and build my own graveyard there. I don't have many dead Sims right now because recently I keep using the "aging off" cheat since I tend to get so attached to my Sim families :smiley: but this thread has motivated me to turn that cheat off and start building more graveyards.
    I had better time going through generation with the Sims 3, maybe because all families are aging at the same time, it feels more like a city (an island in fact) management. I still have difficulty in the sims 2 to not abuse of elixirs of life!
  • alice434alice434 Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks for the information.
  • ataurusataurus Posts: 20 Member
    I keep some ghosts on the lot, the rest just go the the graveyard.
  • SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 37 Member
    I move most to a graveyard but i keep some on the home lot.