Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What you do with your dead?

violaineTviolaineT Posts: 48 Member
After having played so long generating a full world of perfect adults who never die.... I change my gameplay and start a brand new world trying to use as less as possible the green drink and the (too) sophisticated self-made building...

So I'm going to generate dead and ghosts.

Let's say I don't want to use simPe and same time and I don't want to corrupt my game ...

So what is your way to deal with a growing population of dead/ghosts? Do you open a graveyard, do you keep them in your inventory, do you live on second floor only? What's your favorite way to manage them?

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    I have 64x64 lot as a both sim and pet graveyard. I send the graves there by taking them out of the inventory, clicking on it and choosing a interaction to send (all) gravestones to a community lot.
    I have found that the gravestones disappear when you put them in your sim's inventory, go to a community lot, click on the ground, and choose Place [Sim's Name] gravestone here.
  • PleasantSimsPleasantSims Posts: 32 Member
    I build a graveyard where I send all my dead Sims in every neighborhood. I wait until their ghost appears before sending them so they will "haunt" the graveyard.

I've never had an issue with the gravestones disappearing and I always put them in a Sim's inventory, take them to the lot, and click on the ground as you described @EgonVM. Hearing that you've had them disappear makes me a little nervous about doing it this way, but I've literally done this dozens of times and all my gravestones are there. :#
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited February 2019
    I have a separate graveyard or I use the Downtown one. I just click on the tombstones on my home lot choose move to: "insert location" and then go to neighbourhood, enter the graveyard and place the stones where i want them to be. You will find them all lined up along the front of the lot. I don't have to take a sim with me. Unless you want them to place it like a sim burial style. I don't leave them in inventory anymore as I have had them disappear from there.

Just edited to say when i go into graveyard thru neighbourhood I use the build mode. That way i can decorate the site at the same time.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • violaineTviolaineT Posts: 48 Member
    There is no limit? I m enjoying the idea to see a full of ghost graveyard although I'm bit scared it will lag a lot.
  • PleasantSimsPleasantSims Posts: 32 Member
    Yeah, I have my Sims take them to "bury" their loved ones. But I do it right away. I never leave them in the inventory for longer than it takes to get them to the cemetery lot.

I don't know if there's a limit. It might get laggy eventually, but I've had dozens of graves on a lot and never had a problem.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    I've left graves in my inventory for at least a season and didn't have a problem (I was too busy slave-driving them to send them to the cemetery).
    I take them to my cemetery lot for each neighborhood and place them. I have built mausoleums for the larger families and I place "altars" to get the urns off the ground and I often place statues or flowers as well to decorate. So far, I haven't had any disappear.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    Altar so the ghost can't move away? Cool idea if so.
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    In my custom hood (which is what I mainly use), I have a cemetery in the main section as well as Gothier Green Lawns in Downtown. I use both to put graves in and I have two different Sims who own the cemeteries and tend them as groundskeepers. That way, I can keep an eye on everything.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 53 Member
    I make a community lot and build my own graveyard there. I don't have many dead Sims right now because recently I keep using the "aging off" cheat since I tend to get so attached to my Sim families :smiley: but this thread has motivated me to turn that cheat off and start building more graveyards.
    I had better time going through generation with the Sims 3, maybe because all families are aging at the same time, it feels more like a city (an island in fact) management. I still have difficulty in the sims 2 to not abuse of elixirs of life!
  • alice434alice434 Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks for the information.
  • ataurusataurus Posts: 21 Member
    I keep some ghosts on the lot, the rest just go the the graveyard.
  • SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    I move most to a graveyard but i keep some on the home lot.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I have 64x64 lot as a both sim and pet graveyard. I send the graves there by taking them out of the inventory, clicking on it and choosing a interaction to send (all) gravestones to a community lot.
    I have found that the gravestones disappear when you put them in your sim's inventory, go to a community lot, click on the ground, and choose Place [Sim's Name] gravestone here.

I do this too then build a nice community garden style area around them leaving plenty of space for head stones. I try not to put them in my sims inventory because I've had trouble with the stones either disappearing or erasing before I get to the 'graveyard' with them. I just place them on the home lot and choose to send them to the community lot that way.

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.