Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Famous sims should only spawn on specific lots

One of my biggest issues with Get Famous is how immersion breaking the appearance at random spots of famous sims is.
I understand that sims that have only 1 or 2 fame stars could spawn on most lots but to have a global superstar come to the grungy cheap bar or to the half-built cheap neighbourhood swimming-pool is so unrealistic that it drives me nuts.

11vmn2v.png
352i3j7.png

I think a good solution would be to have a restriction on the coding as to where celebrities should appear when not being played. Maybe only lots with the celebrity lot trait?

Does this happen to any of you guys, and do you have any ideas as to how it could be solved?
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.

Comments

• samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I agree. I feel like spotting a celebrity should be a rare thing. As it is, anytime my sim goes anywhere, there's a celebrity. At the library, at the park, at the gym etc. There needs to be celebrity lots that are likely to have celebs and a low chance of them showing up in normal lots, especially for high level celebrities.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yeah, it’s kinda annoying to see that Thorne guy just casually strolling through the poor people neighborhoods or having my four star vampire celebrity knocking on random people’s doors.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yeah.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I've tried the Celebrity Hideout mod by Triplis. When you add this lot trait, celebrities who show up will be in disguise. So far seems to work pretty well in my game.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    No one at the studio thought a "No Celebrities" lot trait would be essential, that's a very annoying oversight.
  • HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    Imagine, 4-Star celebrities even visited my poor sim in the Trailer Park in Strangerville. That's so unrealistic.
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Yea this is something I’d like to be fixed. It’s unrealistic for Judith to show up at a run down bar in strangerville. I’ve also noticed on multiple saves when a celebrity walks in, all the sims will freeze and interactions will be canceled. It takes forever to get your sim off the lot when this happens.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Yea this is something I’d like to be fixed. It’s unrealistic for Judith to show up at a run down bar in strangerville. I’ve also noticed on multiple saves when a celebrity walks in, all the sims will freeze and interactions will be canceled. It takes forever to get your sim off the lot when this happens.

Maybe she felt like slumming it ;)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    That's okay when celebs showed up in Strangerville I had my sim give them the infection fruit. That served them right for looking for accolades in a sort of war zone. I kept hoping Judith Ward and that snooty male Sim star showed up - but they never did - just a few lesser fame Sims showed.

When they got infected - they got no more clapping hands from fans or anyone caring what they did. They were just another infected Sim.

When my Sim went to fight the mother I tried to get two of the fame sims in the battle but I guess the game protected them as they never showed up to fight.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Yup, and sitting on a bench at the playground in Mirage Park, chatting up a fellow global superstar. (Never ones who have kids (not that Sims who are housed in a different neighborhood would likely go there anyway - though that never matters to the game) but Orange was playing on the bars thing at least once.)

My game always has at least two celebs everywhere.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    I would have thought that the special lot traits were put in so that we could control which lots our celebrities show up on, but of course, that's not the case, which is unfortunate because celebrities have become way too invasive. And what makes it even worse, is that we can't just have a Sim talk to them and send them away because they don't even have the option to talk to them to begin with, so there is no control whatsoever unless we delete them completely. But what if I don't want to delete them, I just want to control where they hang around? If they weren't so disruptive this wouldn't be a problem, but why, oh why, was this overlooked? At the very least, we could use a conversational option to send them away when they turn up so we can continue with our gameplay with minimal hassle.
    #Team Occult
    edited March 2019
    LiELF wrote: »
    I would have thought that the special lot traits were put in so that we could control which lots our celebrities show up on, but of course, that's not the case, which is unfortunate because celebrities have become way too invasive. And what makes it even worse, is that we can't just have a Sim talk to them and send them away because they don't even have the option to talk to them to begin with, so there is no control whatsoever unless we delete them completely. But what if I don't want to delete them, I just want to control where they hang around? If they weren't so disruptive this wouldn't be a problem, but why, oh why, was this overlooked? At the very least, we could use a conversational option to send them away when they turn up so we can continue with our gameplay with minimal hassle.

That might have been impossible to do the way celebs stats can change so easy. To do what you are asking for would take their stats reaching and staying on a certain level and never falling below that level once they reached it. AI doesn't really work in the Sims like a human brain - it works on programming to specifics in this game. That number could not be a floating number - it is either a false or true specific number.

The only thing I think they could do is tune down how much celeb appearance attracts attention - of course judging how badly other things tuned down work in the game - they would probably get no attention at all and looked at as just another Sim and would probably disrupt the papparazzi activity as well.

I know a few celebs showed up in Strangerville and there they got little attention while the disease was active - they were just another sim to the sims there most of the time - a few did that excited clapping thing in the bar - but out side of that nothing.

I have no clue how they did that - perhaps the infection activity over rides the celeb attention - I am not sure - but it was sort of welcomed by me anyway. The last I saw of the celebs was right before the big fight with the mother, I asked two to fight, but they never showed at the battle. I haven't seen any celebs in town since the cure though.

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

That might have been impossible to do the way celebs stats can change so easy. To do what you are asking for would take their stats reaching and staying on a certain level and never falling below that level once they reached it. AI doesn't really work in the Sims like a human brain - it works on programming to specifics in this game. That number could not be a floating number - it is either a false or true specific number.

The only thing I think they could do is tune down how much celeb appearance attracts attention - of course judging how badly other things tuned down work in the game - they would probably get no attention at all and looked at as just another Sim and would probably disrupt the papparazzi activity as well.

I know a few celebs showed up in Strangerville and there they got little attention while the disease was active - they were just another sim to the sims there most of the time - a few did that excited clapping thing in the bar - but out side of that nothing.

I have no clue how they did that - perhaps the infection activity over rides the celeb attention - I am not sure - but it was sort of welcomed by me anyway. The last I saw of the celebs was right before the big fight with the mother, I asked two to fight, but they never showed at the battle. I haven't seen any celebs in town since the cure though.

That's why I want an "Ask to Leave" or "Goodbye" conversational option for all celebrities - so we can just have our Sim get them off the lot. It's not ideal, but it would be a fast and easy way to get rid of them when we don't want them there.
    #Team Occult
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

That's why I want an "Ask to Leave" or "Goodbye" conversational option for all celebrities - so we can just have our Sim get them off the lot. It's not ideal, but it would be a fast and easy way to get rid of them when we don't want them there.

That'd be a good idea and a simple solution too. Believe me when they come into restaurants and my sims are just trying to have a nice dinner - I really wish we could shoo them out somehow.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• caseybaby25caseybaby25 Posts: 6 New Member
    There is still no solution to this? :(
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I agree, but rather the other way around: Famous Sims should be barred from certain lots. To add more immersion, how about have it depend on celeb level?

A 2 star YouSimtuber I could see just go to the local pub, or have a swim at the local pool. A Sim equivalent to Tom Hiddleston (as laid back as he seems)? ...Nah. But worst are the glam seekers: A Sim equivalent of the Kardashians? NEVER. Would not be caught dead at the Strangerville bar.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    There is still no solution to this? :(

The easy solution is a lot trait banning celebs, I guess. But someone needs to mod it in...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    In my saves celebs, including the highest level ones, are as common as rats in a dump. Not just community lots but constantly walking by the homes of my sims. Both unrealistic and annoying.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Completely agree. I've mentioned before myself. Like, I thought maybe that's what the "hotspot" lot traits were for? Like, celebrities would ONLY spawn on lots with those traits, with higher level celebrities more likely at the ones with "hottest spot in town" but...that doesn't seem to be the case at all. Aside from where the starlight accolades and "celebrity meet ad greets" are held, and I guess affecting how expensive drinks are, I'm not really sure WHAT those lot traits do :/
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I agree this should be something already in the game.

But for those using mods and not knowing about this:
    LittleMsSam has a mod that let you fix that.
    It's called "Gender & More Custom Lot trait"
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412863403/gender-more-custom-lot-trait-this-mod-adds-a

Give this lot trait to any lot you want. When you visit the lot in game mode, click on the door and disable so many groups you want.
    What's really cool about this mod is that you can choose from: celebrities, paparazzi and fans. Which means you can disable them all, but you can also create a lot where celebrities do come, but no fans or paparazzi.

I play with this mod for two years now I think. And I have never had a celebrity on a lot with this mod and these settings.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • BrainBlastedBrainBlasted Posts: 42 Member
    I feel like this has gotten even dumber with Discover University. Celebrities showing up to your roommate's parties is very odd, imo.
    I fix bugs in TS4. Find my fixes here.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    This problem can also be solved by using my townieoverhaul_lessfame Mod. It's a rather big mod though.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen