March 27 - Click here for the last Friday Highlight of the month!

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - A mystery only Sims can solve

Comments

  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 3,485 Member
    First I love the way the town looks.

    Second I can't get excited about it because I feel like I still don't know anything which is part of the reason for the pack. It will be hard get on board and trust they did something amazing because of past failings. It is sad I will have to know the mystery before the purchase...lol Military and weird looking townies is just not enough. I need to know more. For some Jungle Adventures got boring, but I still love the exploration because I have specific sims who are archaeologist, so I could be on board if it is similar. I also have some toddler aliens who are children of the abducted who could have an interesting time in the town.

    Going to watch the trailer again to see if I missed something. By the way is this a destination town or a hometown??
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 8,082 Member
    In Sims 3 there was Twinbrooks, one of my favorites and the forums got into an interesting discussion about the green water...I loved that thread and that there was this "mystery" surrounding the town and inhabitants. So this pack, while is not witches, does sound intriguing. Of course like everyone else, I would like more info, but I'm like BeardedGeek, it has martial arts back and laptops so I'm in. :D
    "Nothing stinks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you are wrong." :p
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,022 Member
    Now if I don't want to play this storymode, and just want access to the new world, will that be possible?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Come the release date and I'm offline. i don't want anyone spoiling the mystery for me.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,368 Member
    edited February 2019
    While I've already gathered my criticisms of this game pack, I would just like to say that I do admire this creative direction, and I know this isn't going to be for everyone, I may or may not like it all the same. I did already tell myself that this was either going to be a total disaster or the next best thing! Lol

    There are some questions that need to be asked and answered before I make a full judgement of the pack:

    1. Is a military career and/or any fighting skills really coming back?

    2. How does this tie-in to the otherwise sandbox-style gameplay of the rest of the game?

    3. Is this more of an open-ended mystery that any Sim can partake in, or a more closed-off adventure scenario that's scripted?

    4. Is the world residential or destination?

    5. Hearkening back to 3, if there is a sort of finale or conclusion to this mystery, is there any replayability value?

    6. Was this meant to be like a Strangetown reboot with a Sims 4 spin?

    7. Are laptops going to be patched in free or we'll have to pay for them in this pack?


    Once these questions are answered in a way that is satisfactory to me, I can make my full judgement of the pack. :)
    Post edited by paradiseplanet on
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    Sim Showcase

    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 3,658 Member
    edited February 2019
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    In Sims 3 there was Twinbrooks, one of my favorites

    Twinbrooks was the one thing that really showcased the limits of the "open world" of Sims 3. Yes you could walk wherever, but you were permanently stuck in one world, which meant after the big city pack came out, all I ever played was that world since I could fit everything in it I needed.

    Twinbrooks was amazing, but way too small to ever play in. There was no way you could squeeze in a bar, a nightclub, a fire station, a police station, a (insert building here) and still have residential lots in it. I always WANTED to play in it, but I never could because I had to cut out so much stuff.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 1,093 Member
    I'm excited, this has the heart I've been looking for. They really have been improving in building packs, so I can't wait to learn more!
  • stellanovastellanova Posts: 57 Member
    Is it true we're getting laptops in this game pack!?
    call me stella!
    HeKrho4.gif
    twitter
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 2,918 Member
    edited February 2019
    I don't know how replayable the story will be, but I'm looking forward to getting

    laptops
    martial arts (hopefully Sims can battle each other and not just the practice dummy)
    Sims being able to wink (as in SimGuru Ninja's and SimGuru Graham's tweets)
    a military career
    a new world, whether it's destination or regular
    and, last but not least, a colander hat with colored lights (because a girl can always use new hats).

    I was hoping for University, but I think that when my Sims transition from teens to YAs they'll have to spend some time in the military and possibly be posted in Strangerville. I could see stationing a couple of troops in Windenburg and Selvadorada, too.
  • BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    Really hoping there's a military career and it's not just CAS items/NPC sims for story purposes.

    Also wondering why the GP isn't up for pre-order yet? I see it has a store page, but no option to pre-order.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 15,307 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I don't know how replayable the story will be, but I'm looking forward to getting

    laptops
    martial arts (hopefully Sims can battle each other and not just the practice dummy)
    Sims being able to wink (as in SimGuru Ninja's and SimGuru Graham's tweets)
    a military career
    a new world, whether it's destination or regular
    and, last but not least, a colander hat with colored lights (because a girl can always use new hats).

    I was hoping for University, but I think that when my Sims transition from teens to YAs they'll have to spend some time in the military and possibly be posted in Strangerville. I could see stationing a couple of troops in Windenburg and Selvadorada, too.

    What a great way of looking at it. :)
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,375 Member
    As someone who absolutely LOVED everything about Strangetown in the sims 2....

    I'm holding all comments about what's in it until I see actual game play. I've learned not to lean on trailers as they can, at times, be quite deceiving to actual game play (que in the *not actual game play* warning at the bottom of the trailer lol)

    I'm quite intrigued by this concept as it seems like something different in terms of sims 4 content. But I still need more information and to see some actual game play before I feel like I want it or not.
    CxDhQOn.gif
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits, gerbits, vo gerbits!!!"
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 10,602 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Did you play Sims 1 and 2 - there was lots of this kind of thing in those and what made the Sims games so special and so beloved. They sort of lost their way in Sims 3 and 4 - so it is great to see it coming back! That's the quirkiness and storytelling many of us have complained has been missing since Sims 1 and 2 -

    Both 1 and 2 were highly sandbox, so I'm confused where you see the life-stories part in those. Unless you mean phonecalls, editable town story, a few non playable story hints in the background and job prompts. Or do you mean special NPCs like the Yeti? I'm really confused.

    Exactly. Sims was a sandbox game then. This new GP looks linear as they come.

    It does appear to look so
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    I think it needs the Mystery Machine and Scooby and the gang.

    Oh yeah, I would pay full price for that and nice idea. :)
    AMD 2700X 16 GB AMD Radeon 590 8 GB Rosewill Rise Full Tower SB THX Trustudio LG Ultrawide 34"
    Intel 6700K 16 GB ASUS RTX 2070 Strix 8 GB Stryker Full Tower SB Z-Series Samsung Curved 32"
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 10,602 Member
    I need more information before I get too excited about it personally!

    Yes, definitely this even if I am intrigued by the concept and the storyline appears to be use once and it is done. However I will wait for more info.
    AMD 2700X 16 GB AMD Radeon 590 8 GB Rosewill Rise Full Tower SB THX Trustudio LG Ultrawide 34"
    Intel 6700K 16 GB ASUS RTX 2070 Strix 8 GB Stryker Full Tower SB Z-Series Samsung Curved 32"
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 10,602 Member
    While I've already gathered my criticisms of this game pack, I would just like to say that I do admire this creative direction, and I know this isn't going to be for everyone, I may or may not like it all the same. I did already tell myself that this was either going to be a total disaster or the next best thing! Lol

    There are some questions that need to be asked and answered before I make a full judgement of the pack:

    1. Is a military career and/or any fighting skills really coming back?

    2. How does this tie-in to the otherwise sandbox-style gameplay of the rest of the game?

    3. Is this more of an open-ended mystery that any Sim can partake in, or a more closed-off adventure scenario that's scripted?

    4. Is the world residential or destination?

    5. Hearkening back to 4, if there is a sort of finale or conclusion to this mystery, is there any replayability value?

    6. Was this meant to be like a Strangetown reboot with a Sims 4 spin?

    7. Are laptops going to be patched in free or we'll have to pay for them in this pack?


    Once these questions are answered in a way that is satisfactory to me, I can make my full judgement of the pack. :)

    Very good questions. :)
    AMD 2700X 16 GB AMD Radeon 590 8 GB Rosewill Rise Full Tower SB THX Trustudio LG Ultrawide 34"
    Intel 6700K 16 GB ASUS RTX 2070 Strix 8 GB Stryker Full Tower SB Z-Series Samsung Curved 32"
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,018 Member
    I wonder if there will be Sims 4 versions of the Sims from Strangetown. I definitely got an Ophelia Nigmos vibe off the girl running off to help her infected friend.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,886 Member
    edited February 2019
    I hope there is an actual college that we can visit that the military cadets could go to to learn martial arts and learn to be a soldier - with bunk beds and all the paraphernalia that goes with army life.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,059 Member
    Excited!! Definitely looking forward to this.

    Did anyone notice in the trailer that the sim was walking while talking with another sim? Can they do that now? I thought they had to stop to talk. If this is new, this would be something really cool (in addition to all the other new stuff).
  • ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    I'll set aside whether or not the GP will be what I want because I can't see what it has.

    I LOVE how they are releasing it! The comic and trailers are so much fun ^ u^

    I don't want any new races or aliens or vampires or zombies without toggles, though. - _- I refuse to buy anything with aliens or vamps for this reason.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 6,715 Member
    Looks like we'll be getting another food/supply stall.

    Uo1X2UY.png

    Hopefully they make vendors show up automatically when the stall is placed by the player's choice.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SpirisSpiris Posts: 8 New Member
    I wonder if they'll add something new to the supernatural side, like more personalities for ailiens or vamps??
  • HannieHannie Posts: 606 Member
    This is definitely something I did not know I needed in my game until now :#
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 6,715 Member
    While I've already gathered my criticisms of this game pack, I would just like to say that I do admire this creative direction, and I know this isn't going to be for everyone, I may or may not like it all the same. I did already tell myself that this was either going to be a total disaster or the next best thing! Lol

    There are some questions that need to be asked and answered before I make a full judgement of the pack:

    1. Is a military career and/or any fighting skills really coming back?

    2. How does this tie-in to the otherwise sandbox-style gameplay of the rest of the game?

    3. Is this more of an open-ended mystery that any Sim can partake in, or a more closed-off adventure scenario that's scripted?

    4. Is the world residential or destination?

    5. Hearkening back to 4, if there is a sort of finale or conclusion to this mystery, is there any replayability value?

    6. Was this meant to be like a Strangetown reboot with a Sims 4 spin?

    7. Are laptops going to be patched in free or we'll have to pay for them in this pack?


    Once these questions are answered in a way that is satisfactory to me, I can make my full judgement of the pack. :)

    Great list. I 'd like to know there things too. I don't care about the connection to Strangetown but I am totally on board with the rest.

    Also, I'd add another, whether there is any "occult" creature involved. I doubt it's one I want but I'm curious nonetheless.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top