The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's going on with Sim File Share?

I cleaned out my whole pc yesterday and reinstalled Sims 4. Now all the CC I kept is gone! And each time I try to get the CC off Sim File Share, I get Internal Servor Error 500. It's maddening because I can't imagine playing without CC. Has this been happening to anyone else?
I'm so done with this site!

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    SFS has been having server issues for a week or more.
    It often works if you refresh the page (a couple of times), and navigate to the URL https://simfileshare.net instead of https://www.simfileshare.net
    I hope that helps.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

This was 18 hours ago... no word since. Yeah, I picked a very bad time to do a CC purge and all new CC shopping spree plan.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    interesting cause i download a cc from file share and it worked for just fine for me.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    I am distraught! Kids going to their father for 4 days and I was planning to binge-play with a Raibowcy (Berry Sims) and now I can not seem to reach the downloads for skin and hair :-(
    AMB.jpg
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    it's not a problem. The cc creators are re uploading their stuff on different servers.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Thank goodness. I just finished building my new pc and went to download all my old cc (because my backup file apparently needed a back up and didn't work right) but couldn't get SFS to work. Glad to know its not gone!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    it's not a problem. The cc creators are re uploading their stuff on different servers.

The active ones. :/
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited February 2019
    On their Tumblr they said that the planned maintenance is taking longer than expected and that the site will most likely be down for most of the day.

But yeah. A lot of cc creators use that site--and only that site--to upload their content. And you can't expect most of those creators to immediately switch over to something else, even the active ones. So, I hope it goes back up soon.
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    FYI: SFS is now back up, online and working!
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Well it's still being super slow...even a 3 MB file takes 3 minutes...like what??? Last week a 3 MB took 8 minutes
  • femmedeluxe13femmedeluxe13 Posts: 3 New Member
    It has not been working all this week! I click download and it just refreshes the page!
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    @femmedeluxe13 you can work around that problem as explained in THIS post on tumblr.

Including the picture from that post above to make it easier for people here to see how to fix it but wanted to give full credit.
    RO1AtQj.jpg
    Basically remove the cdn from the line and hit enter and the box to download it will pop up immediately.
    ~ ~ ~
  • dallasgurl122dallasgurl122 Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry I'm a new member so I can't create a thread asking this haha, but does anyone have a code for the simsfileshare that I could use to create an account? I have been making cc for a while and I would love to upload them all and share them easily!
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    @femmedeluxe13 you can work around that problem as explained in THIS post on tumblr.

Including the picture from that post above to make it easier for people here to see how to fix it but wanted to give full credit.
    RO1AtQj.jpg
    Basically remove the cdn from the line and hit enter and the box to download it will pop up immediately.

Thank you! I have been having problems with that for a few days, I thought it might had been on my end. I was looking to see if others had the same issue, and came up empty handed.

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Sorry I'm a new member so I can't create a thread asking this haha, but does anyone have a code for the simsfileshare that I could use to create an account? I have been making cc for a while and I would love to upload them all and share them easily!

There is a thread for simfileshare codes here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936486/simfileshare-code#latest