Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content Question

Hey everyone, I would like to try downloading some CC (have only done this once before) and I'm wondering if there's a site out there that allows downloads without having to install a separate app or software to complete the process. I have the tools to open zip files, etc. so I don't need anything like that but all the CC I've tried to download today requires adding something to my computer that I'd rather not add. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• jacknchloejacknchloe Posts: 239 Member
    I like The Sims Resource. Downloads straight to your computer. I do have to say, you may want to post this in the Custom Content section. Ive made the mistake of posting in the wrong section multiple times. It’s hard to know where to post sometimes.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited February 2019
    Usually most CC shouldn't require you to download something else to open them since majority of the files is either just the package file itself, zip or rar and computers today already have the means to open them. What you might see is advertisement saying you have to download something when you really don't. I have ad-block on here as well as anything that skips ad-fly and such with the extension on chrome. It's gonna vary when coming across various CC creators. Mod the sims is a decent place to start.

Mod the sims - From CC clothing and hairs, to builds and sims, to mods for the game.

Ssvlana- Is a BIG resource for finding different sims content. Not sure which style you may be into but the link goes right to the tag for Maxis Match clothing. If you look through tags you can also look for mods, hairstyles and such.

Leeleesims1- One of my favorite MM creators. Straight, wavy, and afro texture hairs along with some nice clothing as well.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited February 2019
    I've never seen anything like that. The most you'd ever need is a rar file extractor but you say you've already got one.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Tumblr is a good source for A LOT of CC o:)
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Lana cc find has both alpha to maxis match and also mods and poses save on lot effort gong many site when basically has it all.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • IiyonceIiyonce Posts: 32 Member
    the only other thing you would have to download to put CC in your game is a .rar or .zip extractor but you said you have that already. if any of the CC links you've been using have used adfly, have you clicked around on the webpage on accident? that happens a lot.
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    jacknchloe wrote: »
    I like The Sims Resource. Downloads straight to your computer. I do have to say, you may want to post this in the Custom Content section. Ive made the mistake of posting in the wrong section multiple times. It’s hard to know where to post sometimes.

Thanks! I didn't even see a Custom Content section. Oops!
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Usually most CC shouldn't require you to download something else to open them since majority of the files is either just the package file itself, zip or rar and computers today already have the means to open them. What you might see is advertisement saying you have to download something when you really don't. I have ad-block on here as well as anything that skips ad-fly and such with the extension on chrome. It's gonna vary when coming across various CC creators. Mod the sims is a decent place to start.

Mod the sims - From CC clothing and hairs, to builds and sims, to mods for the game.

Ssvlana- Is a BIG resource for finding different sims content. Not sure which style you may be into but the link goes right to the tag for Maxis Match clothing. If you look through tags you can also look for mods, hairstyles and such.

Leeleesims1- One of my favorite MM creators. Straight, wavy, and afro texture hairs along with some nice clothing as well.

I think you might be right about that! I'll look more carefully and thanks so much for all the suggestions!
    Iiyonce wrote: »
    the only other thing you would have to download to put CC in your game is a .rar or .zip extractor but you said you have that already. if any of the CC links you've been using have used adfly, have you clicked around on the webpage on accident? that happens a lot.

Yeah, I'm thinking I might have. Thanks!