Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starlight Accolades

Do the awards ceremonies show up on custom lounges? The event isn't showing up in my calendar at all. I deleted the default lounge for the event but have added a new lounge with the necessary trait at the beginning of this sim week so I was hoping my actor sim would finally be able to get his award.
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Comments

• Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    From what other players have reported, yes, it does work on custom lounges. Once you delete the original lounge, it will take a couple sim weeks before it goes into effect. You just have to be patient and wait. It should then also show up on the calendar.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the only thing is you need to make sure the new lounge has the 'hottest spot in town' trait. the accolades only show up on lounges with that lot trait. you can have other buildings with the trait, but will not ever get the ceremony on them. you can also have lounges without the trait but, again, will never get the ceremony at them. just lounges with the trait

there's a similar thing (celebrity meet and greet) for lounges with the 'up and coming hotspot' lot trait

and another one that happens on lounges with neither of those traits (the talent showcase)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited February 2019
    I guess my issue was the fact that I forgot I needed the specific trait so I was waiting for weeks for the event to show up, with no chance of it happening. Perhaps next sim week it will happen, though it's a rotational save so it will be a while yet.

I decided to put a modified version of the original lounge back in the game as well, to cover all possibilities.
    edited February 2019
    I've got the Accolades ceremony appearing in my calendar now (yay!) so hopefully my actor sim will be lucky. However, Sunday is the day I switch households due to the way the calendar is set up, which might be problematic in terms of winning awards. Is there any way of changing the day of the award ceremony? Alternatively, can I set a new season to start on a different day?

I'm guessing the answer to both will be no but I can only ask!
    as you expected, the answer to both is 'no'. seasons always start on a sunday, whether you have 7 day or 24 day seasons. and the award ceremony is also always on a sunday
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I also switch on Sundays - at 6am personally. I have yet to run into any issues winning an award.
    edited February 2019
    My guy got nominated for an award but it didn't go in his inventory, or get crossed off his aspiration list. After some googling I realised I was too slow to click on the microphone to accept the award. Hopefully he can get the award next time.
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    This kind of thing is why I would like to see sims be able to accept awards without attending. It would be extra fun if they could have another celeb/ friend/ family member accept for them. It would be more realistic... not that Sims is always realistic. 😋
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Can it work, when I have no calendar?
    absolutely, @Simsister2004. the calendar comes with the seasons pack and just makes it easier to spot when and where the talent showcases (every friday and saturday at a lounge that doesn't have 'hottest spot in town' or 'up and coming hotspot' traits) and the starlight accolades (every sunday at a lounge with 'hottest spot in town') show up. there's also the celebrity meet and greet (...i believe wednesdays, at a lounge with 'up and coming hotspot' trait)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The only way to attend the Starlight Accolades is to be a B-Lister celeb because they're hosted in the Studio PBP lounge which you need to be a B-Lister to get into. You don't have to have been nominated for an award to attend, but you have to have been nominated AND attend to get it. When I'm nominated, I usually arrive at around 5:00 PM Sim Time, because you have to be there by 6:00 PM to attend (I think). I hope this is helpful.
    funny-gifs20.gif

My guy was already a 5 star celebrity at the point I couldn't work out why he wasn't getting nominated. His household is next in the rotation after the current one though so hopefully he'll get his award shortly.
    @PlasmaPack you can actually click on the velvet rope when you have a played sim on the lot and get the option to adjust the requirements to enter. and even if you don't adjust those, you can get past the bouncer in different ways, from bribing, charming or fighting them to gain entrance to just teleporting past (either via cheating, via vampire powers, or via high end wellness skill)

also, even if your sim wasn't nominated, they have a chance of winning while attending. when the awards start being given out, they pick sims that are actually on the lot to give them. so if a sim keeps going without ever being nominated, especially if they do things that can win awards (acting, video editing, writing books, singing or more), they'll eventually be called for an award
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    im having an issue with the starlight accolades that someone might be able to help me with- my sim was nominated for an award and attended the cerimony but i was too slow to react and missed the opportunity to collect the award. Ever since then despite many many many gold performances, a level 5 celebrity status for weeks on end and even trying multiple gigs a week, my sim has never won an award. Her fiance who attends the awards with her every week has won 2 awards without even trying... but she is the one with the aspiration that requires a starlight accolade.

Im struggling to know how to fix this.

My next plan of action, after 2 gold performances in one week and her fiance winning an award for the motivational book he rattled out one evening to increase his writing skill for the stylist career, is to get her to write some books and see if she gets nominated for a book award, as clearly acting is getting her nowhere... she's becoming the leonardo dicaprio of del Sol valley!!!
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited February 2019
    LOL, congrats on your Leonardo Decaprio. I missed the first award for my Elvis Presley. Then I cancelled the next performance and chose another film company. when he became both a global superstar and experienced performer, he got another chance, and succeeded to get the Star rain price for best actor. He has also placed his brick on the boulevard but the game tells me, there is still more to achieve.
    ocsA7ce.jpg

Playing in Danish, so I don't think you'll understand the words on the message but it was so much fun.
    Pedd28y.jpg

qQoSyKp.jpg

His wife is a clever painter, she painted his protrait and placed it on the bedroom wall.
    y7jDSZE.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    @kalaksed I knew that already, but to me, it just seems kinda like cheating so I decided not to mention it. Sorry if it bothered you.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    My guy got nominated for an award but it didn't go in his inventory, or get crossed off his aspiration list. After some googling I realised I was too slow to click on the microphone to accept the award. Hopefully he can get the award next time.

At least yours has been nominated. My Singer, who happens to be a Global Superstar isn't receiving his due recognition. :'( I've done everything I can think of, but still no dice. Oh, well, one day, (if my game doesn't keep throwing monkey wrenches into my works) he'll get recognized.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

At least yours has been nominated. My Singer, who happens to be a Global Superstar isn't receiving his due recognition. :'( I've done everything I can think of, but still no dice. Oh, well, one day, (if my game doesn't keep throwing monkey wrenches into my works) he'll get recognized.

I hope you get lucky with him, because that doesn't sound fun. My guy FINALLY got his award. I watched the ceremony's host like a hawk until it was time to accept the award.
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    Two things I've discovered:

If you Sim is nominated for an award they don't need to be a Celebrity to go in. My Author Sim isn't a Celebrity and he was allowed past the bouncer to watch the ceremony. I thought he might have to bribe his way in, but it said he could just go in - and he was able to accept his reward. :)

I added a second mic to my custom lounge in SM and that made it much easier to "accept" the awards.
    dizzydee_k wrote: »
    Two things I've discovered:

If you Sim is nominated for an award they don't need to be a Celebrity to go in. My Author Sim isn't a Celebrity and he was allowed past the bouncer to watch the ceremony. I thought he might have to bribe his way in, but it said he could just go in - and he was able to accept his reward. :)

I added a second mic to my custom lounge in SM and that made it much easier to "accept" the awards.

That's really cool, thanks for the tip. I just wish there was a way for the spouse or significant other of a star to get in. Would be very nice for his wife to be able to attend. I guess I could have him bribe her way in, but it shouldn't be that way.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @GalacticGal i have a 5 star celeb and had her take her family out and they've been able to go through the VIP areas with no problem, think so long as the sims are in a group with the celeb sim they can go where the celeb can.
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    @GalacticGal i have a 5 star celeb and had her take her family out and they've been able to go through the VIP areas with no problem, think so long as the sims are in a group with the celeb sim they can go where the celeb can.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try. :)
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I definitely recommend the second mic.
    second mic really, really is a big help for the accolades, yes

also, if you take a household of more than one sim in, 'moving as a group' while the celebrity or nominated sim is the active one should let everyone get through the bouncer. and if it doesn't, the non-active members of the household seem to be able to walk in to order bar drinks or use the bathroom or whatever on their own without the bouncer stopping them. i was surprised the first time i saw that happen. but again, it's from letting the game let them decide to walk into the building, not you making them do that. if you try to make them pass, the bouncer stops them
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    I've never actually seen it happen anywhere other than PBP (sp?)