Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok, this is not cool

My sim keeps dying of pufferfish when she isn't eating pufferfish. First, she traveled to a retail bakery and ate some bread and I got the notification she was dying of pufferfish. I tried to have her brother plead for her but Grim said not a chance. Usually I let these things just happen and deal with it because I do love random deaths but I pretty much just started this save and I wasn't ready to let her go yet. I quit without saving and lost only about 12 sim hours that I had to redo. No big deal really. A couple sim days later she is drinking coffee and then again I get the notification she is dying of pufferfish and she drops dead. Her brother yet again pleads for her life but this time Grimmy let her live. That time I was thankful because I haven't saved in a bit.

Listen, this should not be happening. Sims should only die of pufferfish when they eat pufferfish. Not bread, not coffee. Please if this is something I can fix, please let me know but I do not want this to keep happening.

Comments

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    ... I think you may want to keep an eye on that brother of hers. Seems to me that he may be up to no good!
    :D

In all seriousness, though, I’m not sure what could be doing it. You could try doing the typical repair game options, making sure it isn’t mod-related, etc., but otherwise, it may be a bug. I haven’t experienced this one yet.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    My sim keeps dying of pufferfish when she isn't eating pufferfish. First, she traveled to a retail bakery and ate some bread and I got the notification she was dying of pufferfish. I tried to have her brother plead for her but Grim said not a chance. Usually I let these things just happen and deal with it because I do love random deaths but I pretty much just started this save and I wasn't ready to let her go yet. I quit without saving and lost only about 12 sim hours that I had to redo. No big deal really. A couple sim days later she is drinking coffee and then again I get the notification she is dying of pufferfish and she drops dead. Her brother yet again pleads for her life but this time Grimmy let her live. That time I was thankful because I haven't saved in a bit.

Listen, this should not be happening. Sims should only die of pufferfish when they eat pufferfish. Not bread, not coffee. Please if this is something I can fix, please let me know but I do not want this to keep happening.

Do you use any custom content or mods? If you do, the first thing to try is backing up your Sims 4 folder, then removing the mods and cc and deleting the localthumbcache file in your Sims 4 folder. Then try out the game to see if it's still happening. If not, then you know it's something from your mods folder.

If you don't use mods/cc, try repairing the game in Origin. Right click on Sims 4 and select "repair". That might help.

If this doesn't work, it might be a bug that has turned up in the past and was previously solved. You can file an official bug report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    #Team Occult
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    This was a bug but it was fixed months ago:
    Sims who are resurrected after dying from eating poisonous Pufferfish Nigiri will no longer die when they eat anything else. Sorry, seems it took us longer to get all the poison out than we would have like

Does it continue to happen without mods? It might be a mod issue.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)