Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Using Clubs to make a hotel/apartment building

I made a hotel where the sims actually stayed in their own rooms by using clubs.

I downloaded a hotel lot from the gallery, and replaced all the doors to the rooms with club doors. Then I created one club for each hotel room, and assigned them to the different club doors. I listed eating, cooking, sleeping, and showering as club activities.

I think you may be able to do this with the base game locking feature (locking for everyone but the played sm and then allowing acess to those you want to stay/live with) but mine is always resetting and it annoys me, so I chose this because it's more permanent.
Proud black simmer 🖤
MfVGMbL.jpg

Comments

• dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    Could also create a club for employees (with activities including cleaning)
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited February 2019
    I like this idea. I was thinking off doing something similar to get students into hogwarts (I trying to build my own version). I was planning on making one club, never thought of multiple clubs. maybe I should make a club for each house.

Is it possible to have several clubs gather at the same time on one lot? I didn't know we can assign doors to clubs. How does that work?
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I like this idea. I was thinking off doing something similar to get students into hogwarts (I trying to build my own version). I was planning on making one club, never thought of multiple clubs. maybe I should make a club for each house.

Is it possible to have several clubs gather at the same time on one lot? I didn't know we can assign doors to clubs. How does that work?

I'm pretty sure they can gather at the same lot but I can't quite remember. You don't have to be in a gathering to use the doors IIRC.
    To assign doors to clubs, click one and select "Lock for Everyone except [ClubName]". I used the special club doors because they have little icons on them to show which club is which door but I think you can do it with any of the doors in game.
    DatLlama wrote: »
    Could also create a club for employees (with activities including cleaning)

I like this idea, I'll try it.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

I hardly use the lock doors functions so I had no idea the club doors had actual rules for clubs. I will definitely try this. Thanks for the info.

The hotel you do also sounds good. I'm willing to give it a try at a vacation destination. Can you tell me what hotel you used for the clubs?
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I hardly use the lock doors functions so I had no idea the club doors had actual rules for clubs. I will definitely try this. Thanks for the info.

The hotel you do also sounds good. I'm willing to give it a try at a vacation destination. Can you tell me what hotel you used for the clubs?

It's on the gallery, it's called Rattlesnake Bar and Hotel. It only had one suite, but I divided into two so I could test this. :)
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Ok. I 'll give it a try when I can get back to playing in a few days.