Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dance Machine Sims Aren't Satisfied By Karaoke Bars?

The_RatticatorThe_Ratticator Posts: 28 Member
edited February 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I made a thread on this in Answers HQ. Any input over there would be much appreciated.

Basically, has anyone else noticed how Sims with the Dance Machine trait get no satisfaction out of karaoke bars? I have no idea if it's an oversight, a bug, or if it's somehow by design. The way the trait works right now, Dance Machine Sims get a positive moodlet when they visit bars, nightclubs, and even lounges. When they arrive on these lots, it also resets the timer for when the bored "where's the party at?" moodlet appears. The same, for some reason, does not happen for karaoke bars, though. I find this especially odd since, it is called a karaoke bar. And come on, you'd think that a Dance Machine would consider a karaoke bar to be more upbeat than a lounge, but apparently not.

On the off-chance that this is by design, do you agree with this design choice? I know I don't!

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I added dance foors and dj machines on other levels of the other bars and it works for me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2019
    That seems like an oversight, a karaoke bar is also just a bar (even though they're two lot types)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Yeah, but the karaoke bar that came with it, doesn't have a stereo in it. I can see where it wouldn't work for just singing (unless they gave you the option to "dance" while watching karaoke, but that isn't there).

My sims just go karaoke for a while then move on to clubs :D I could probably add a stereo , but I bounce around to different spots anyway.