Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What triggers the skeleton at the temple

My sims have visited the temple in the jungle a few times now. Sometimes there is a skeleton walking around, but not always. What makes him appear and is it possible to befriend him?

Comments

• PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    The skeletons only spawn at night, so if your in the temple during the day they do not appear. I avoid the temples between 10 pm and 4am, since the game spawns them with a family and I am not fan of out of town Sims, I can not delete. You can not become friends with the skeleton but you can with its spouse and kids.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Ok. Thanks for the answer.
    How can he have a spouse and kids?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    @Atreta33 It is because he is not really a skeleton, but rather an outfit that is hidden in CAS. There is a mod that actually unlocks those hidden outfits, including the skeleton.

https://fogity.wordpress.com/mods/unlocked-cas-parts/
    Ok. Thanks for the link.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    since the initial sim gets the 'temple guardian' hidden trait (that gives them access to the bone-themed names), everyone in their household will be given those bone-themed names. so if you see a non-skeleton walking around with a name like 'osso phalange', you know one of your temple guardians was spawned with a family

while i like having temple guardians, i'm not so fond of their 'human' families (since they're always in the hidden households category, so can't be edited). though i suppose the stylist career can help with that, now. to a point

typically, i'll use the showsiminfo mod to find what temple guardians have a family, then go to public lots until i find them, force-cheat them into a household so i can then delete them. especially if they've got the 'kleptomaniac' trait, which i try to keep severely limited in my game (currently 5 played sims and 5 unplayed sims out of over 500 sims have that trait)
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for the explanation. While I reading this my sim ran into a sim called bonehilda skeleton. She was an elder sim and left the lot right away. At least I now know what her side job is.