Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis just uploaded The Newbies

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I like that they are doing this. I have my own Sims 1-2 premades save game but there are a few missing (not Bob and Betty). I'm going to keep watching for those I haven't made yet. I also like that I could use whatever they make as a base and make them more like I see them.
    egTcBMc.png
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    how about the brokes teen dustin brandi broke and beau?

They may or may not do the Brokes, since Dustin is already in the game, and Brandi is the daughter of the Newbies.
  • goodcakebaker62goodcakebaker62 Posts: 35 Member
    I started playing Sims nineteen years ago and Bob was my first Sims ,and I have never stopped playing Sim. Someone asked how old are Sims players? A friend gave me Sim 1, as a gift I was 53 years old , I am now a proud 72 year old Simmer
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019

What the heck happened to Betty though? xD She looks like she's going through a midlife crisis ahaha I guess it's meant to be the Sims for console version? But she looks older in TS4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Paneep wrote: »
    Oooooh, I want the Rackets! I loooved the Rackets!

Me too, such an iconic criminal family!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Paneep wrote: »
    Oooooh, I want the Rackets! I loooved the Rackets!

Me too, such an iconic criminal family!

I don't recall the Rackets. What version were they from?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I always thought that The Pancakes were TS4's answer to The Newbies.

Rivalry!
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    In terms of townies, I'd love to see an official Maxis take on Meadow Thayer and Goopy Gilscarbo from TS2! And I'd also love to see Brokes, Pleasants and Langeraks (even if I already have them in my game dled from the Gallery.)
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    If they add Sims 2 premades too, I have a soft spot for the Burb family. I know they were in the bin, so not pre-loaded, but they are my favorites.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    This version of Bob looks disturbingly like my ex-husband. :#
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I like them, I have such fond memories of the Newbies from The Sims! I'm gonna download them as soon as I get home.

@ImSands I'd love to see Goopy come back, and given his (apparently weird) popularity, I think he's a shoe in if they're hitting all generations. I can't really think of anyone else as iconic as Goopy from TS2. It's weird, I had my Sim marry him, and I didn't realize that he was such a popular townie until coming here to the boards.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    This version of Bob looks disturbingly like my ex-husband. :#

Ha! I am actually glad to read that. The man in the "American Gothic" painting in TS4 looks disturbingly like my ex-fiancé and when one of sims paints it, I always feel a bit better after selling that painting. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm hoping Jill Smith from TS2 returns. I'd also love to see Goopy and The Burbs return.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm hoping they would recreate the Hick family but there could be a problem as their last name is censored in the gallery.
  • haloujahalouja Posts: 175 Member

I'd like them to recreate Kaylynn Langerak, the maid who worked in Pleasantview in Sims 2 - she married my generation 9 legacy heir and gave birth to my generation 10 baby, thus completing my legacy. I've had a soft spot for her ever since. :)
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

I saw that, my first reaction was that their vision was not of the orginal Sims1couple. I remake them a few years back, as I never saw Betty as an athlete, but more the business woman type.
  • mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    Betty Newbie from The Sims console version had an athletic look, and this TS4 iteration of her seems to draw inspiration from that. (Remember that TS4 was supposed to be a parallel universe) Personally I'd love to see Jeff and Diane Pleasant, and Brad and Tiffany Burb. Jeff and Tiffany mainly due to the astronaut and stylist careers, respectively.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    The Curious brothers were my fav in Sims 3? or were they 2
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited February 2019
    I don’t like Betty’s design. At all. She looks like a mom dressing up in her daughter’s clothes.

Bob and Buddy look alright I guess.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Not a fan to be honest. I prefer the Sims 1 Betty.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    how about the brokes teen dustin brandi broke and beau?

Dustin is there, in the Get Famous pack.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Kate said the coming weeks and months they will be doing this for old favorites, hope they bring the Alto’s from TS3 back and Jon Lessen! He was a hunk in TS3

There's a Holly Alto in Get Famous, she part id that family?
  • SimptuousSimptuous Posts: 82 Member
    Oh wow, this brings back fond memories of the beginning of my sim journey. I'd love to see the Brokes back too. Brandi was just about to get married when my pc decided to give up.
  • RonnyRonny Posts: 1 New Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    >
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Hello everyone,,
    This is awesome. I've been adding favorite Sims from past games that other very talented simmers have added to the Gallery over the years. I'm interested in seeing Maxis take, but am unlikely to swap. The ones I've added are already fully part of my game. I really miss the established story lines from The Sims 2.