Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get rid of a tombstone?

A Sim I created has a tombstone in her house inventory. I don't know why and I don't recognize the name on it, Eva something. She hasn't witnessed any deaths or known anyone who died. I tried to delete it or sell it and it doesn't give me the option. I can put it in my garden, but I don't want it there. I just want it gone. Can anyone help?

Comments

• SilentSaphire21SilentSaphire21 Posts: 45 Member
    you have to press destroy
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'm not seeing that option. It's in the house inventory and build mode if that helps. But when I can go on again later maybe I'll try moving it to the garden and then destroying it and see if the option shows up at that point?
  • SilentSaphire21SilentSaphire21 Posts: 45 Member
    it should i hope it works :)
    Thanks! I will let you know when I get a chance to try :)
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    Put it in a tiny room and remove that room, that way you will be able to get rid of it even if there's no destroy option.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    Thanks!!!! I will do that if the destroy option doesn't work after I get a chance to play again tonight :)
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I always have a cemetery lot in my games. Currently, I have a maxis one on the empty lot in Forgotten Hollow. That way I don't have to clutter up my inventories and lots with urns and tombstones. This is the lot, in case anyone is interested.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/436A56BBE34E11E6826ED1CF14F2BAD7?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Maxis&max=50&maxis=false
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    Oh cool idea! Thanks!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I’m working on a cemetery/mausoleum lot for the 20x20 lot on Windenburg Island. Good place to park the carcass(es). 😎
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I had the tombstone of a non-family sim that died on my lot. I found the family and gave it to one of them as a friendly gift. They loved it!
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    You could possibly try to sledgehammer it in Build Mode?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    you need to release the ghost before the destroy option shows up
    Okay I released The Ghost and still no destroy option... I it's in my house inventory so I can't seem to give it away either...
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    You could possibly try to sledgehammer it in Build Mode?

I didn't know there was a sledgehammer mode haha! I'll have to try that next
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Take it out of your inventory and put it on the ground the option to destroy it should show up. To gift it you can put it in your sims personal inventory, then you should be able to gift it.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    I had five on my lot, since I'm reusing my Legacy House. I couldn't get rid of them by selling or deleting at first. Once I was out of build/buy mode, however, my Sim had the option to destroy. They're all gone, now.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    simm621 wrote: »
    Take it out of your inventory and put it on the ground the option to destroy it should show up. To gift it you can put it in your sims personal inventory, then you should be able to gift it.

I did this but the options destroy still isn't showing up even after releasing the spirit...
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    In order to destroy you must place it on a lot. Its most likely from the temple someone died while a sim was at the temple in JA that is how tombstones get in family inventory.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    In order to destroy you must place it on a lot. Its most likely from the temple someone died while a sim was at the temple in JA that is how tombstones get in family inventory.

I have never visited the temple with any of my Sims... In a different game file I have had some go to the Jungle Adventure but they haven't made it to the temple yet. In this game file nobody has end it was a brand new game save creating my first Sim and the tombstone came with us in our inventory. Very weird. I have placed it on the lot several times but the option to destroy is still not there I think it must be a game glitch
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I’ve had this happen from downloading a lot from the gallery that had one on it. Since the sim that spawned the urn didn’t exist in the save I was playing it seemed to glitch the urn. I couldn’t mourn at it or destroy it, and couldn’t get it to go away. You could try putting it in your sims inventory and leaving it on a public lot somehwhere. I can’t recall if I tried that or not. I do know I couldn’t delete it or destroy it. If I deleted a room with it in it it would Just go back into inventory. I think in that save I ended up just leaving it in their inventory. You could also bring it inside set it on the fireplace and pretend it’s a grandparent or something.
    Update... You guys I finally got rid of it! I didn't try anything different than before just placed it on the lot for a third time and this time the option showed up :-)
  • OtakuDOtakuD Posts: 5 New Member
    Sorry to rez an old topic but just to let ppl know I released the spirit and the "Destroy" option did not appear until I mourned the grace one last time.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top