Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Dine Out - more Grind Out

INeedAVacationINeedAVacation Posts: 32 Member
Not normally one to complain, but I bought Dine Out and played it for a few hours.

My personal verdict is that it is a boring, uninspired and frustrating grind-fest, akin to Career Mode in WWE2k18. I cannot make any money, because I need two chefs in order to make food quickly enough. Even with a 300% mark-up, I'm losing money, even though I'm investing quite a bit of time into trying to make the restaurant work.

I have two chefs, two waiters and one host (or whatever he's called). With 1 Chef, people complain of delays. With 2 Chefs, I lose too much on wages. With two chefs and after 8 in game hours, I had served TWO CUSTOMERS! How can it be this slow? Both chefs are instructed to make the food quickly.

I took a lot of tables and chairs out - which sort of ruined the vibe of the restaurant. People don't complain about wait times now, they just don't seem to get served at all.

I then tried having the restaurant open, with the Gold advertising package and me not there. I had three customers in ten hours.

I do not have the time to deal with Dine Out. My only regret is that I cannot get a refund. Is anyone else having trouble with this game?
Post edited by INeedAVacation on

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    edited February 2019
    Are you playing TS3 or TS4? I only ask this because this is the TS3 Legacy section and I believe that Dine Out is a TS4 pack. So if it ism then you might get more replies to your question in the TS4 section... ;)
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Moving this to Sims 4 Game Packs.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I think haing a huge price will lessen the customers. Once you build a restaurant, the money will get back to you the longer you play the game just like irl. Investments don't return in just a day. Also, doing an Gold advertising at high proce at an newly open restaurant is a bad idea. If you played the previous business systems in Sims 4, you have to start slowly and Utilize the perks system because it can give a huge boost at the reastaurant itself.

Laso have you tried removing Mods of you have some? Pretty sure my Chef's can serve my sims food at a restaurant. Perhaps you have to help them rise their skills.

I hope this also helps
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/dineout/managing-your-restaurant.php

🙂
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @INeedAVacation - Yeah running a restaurant takes awhile to get it up and going. My Sims restaurant is profitable now....making around $5K a day. But in the beginning, i had my restaurant running like 12 hours and going through the daily grind. I made sure to send the chefs to training so they'd level up. I use lot traits too....the cooking one and that seemed to help the chefs serve better food. & then I focused on earning perk points...so greeting everyone, which I wait until after the waiter has taken their order to greet them, and then I can prioritize their food or whatever it's called. & the best two perk points to get from my experience is the patient patrons (I think it's called) & the better quality ingredients one & the one where your Sim can suggest a menu item (which I always go for the most expensive).

My issue with the restaurant now is that Sims don't stay seated. They want to socialize & dance, so it can take hours just to serve a meal. I honestly play more of the vet and my retail shop as restaurants just take so much effort.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Maybe the ''restaurant faster cooking'' Mod by littleMsSam helps.
    or ''RestaurantSitTweak'' Mod by Bienchen so the Guest stay seated.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited February 2019
    My issues with Dine Out are mostly bug-related, but I've not had any issues with the way the system works.. I actually quite like it. It starts off slow, but as your rating increases you get more customers. If you start off with your prices so high before you've even gotten the place off it's feet you're bound to fail. And advertising is a waste of money, since after three stars or so you end up bottlenecked by the speed at which your one and only host can seat the guests (which, spoiler alert, isn't very fast.)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • ladyankh40ladyankh40 Posts: 27 Member
    Yes dine out was a bit disappointing to me once i found out i could not be the cook. But if you want a good restaurant you have to but in the time.i wish it was more like being a veterinarian were you can step into any role in you clinic.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @INeedAVacation - Yeah running a restaurant takes awhile to get it up and going. My Sims restaurant is profitable now....making around $5K a day. But in the beginning, i had my restaurant running like 12 hours and going through the daily grind. I made sure to send the chefs to training so they'd level up. I use lot traits too....the cooking one and that seemed to help the chefs serve better food. & then I focused on earning perk points...so greeting everyone, which I wait until after the waiter has taken their order to greet them, and then I can prioritize their food or whatever it's called. & the best two perk points to get from my experience is the patient patrons (I think it's called) & the better quality ingredients one & the one where your Sim can suggest a menu item (which I always go for the most expensive).

My issue with the restaurant now is that Sims don't stay seated. They want to socialize & dance, so it can take hours just to serve a meal. I honestly play more of the vet and my retail shop as restaurants just take so much effort.

I'm dealing with the same issue -- when I go out to eat I don't get up to talk to random people, maybe if I see someone I know I'll go say hello on the way to/from the bathroom.

I'm not all that interested in running a restaurant, but I do enjoy the convenience of sending my Sims out to eat. I found out that if you add the Seasons Grand Meals to a restaurant menu, your Sim can eat them there and it counts as fulfilling the Grand Meal holiday tradition, which is great for my single Sims.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • INeedAVacationINeedAVacation Posts: 32 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I think haing a huge price will lessen the customers. Once you build a restaurant, the money will get back to you the longer you play the game just like irl. Investments don't return in just a day. Also, doing an Gold advertising at high proce at an newly open restaurant is a bad idea. If you played the previous business systems in Sims 4, you have to start slowly and Utilize the perks system because it can give a huge boost at the reastaurant itself.

Laso have you tried removing Mods of you have some? Pretty sure my Chef's can serve my sims food at a restaurant. Perhaps you have to help them rise their skills.

I hope this also helps
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/dineout/managing-your-restaurant.php

🙂

Thank you for this. I do not use mods. The business has since turned a corner. I sacked one of the two waitresses. The smaller restaurant layout meant I only needed one. This coincided with the chef becoming more skilled. The restaurant returned a profit of 2 Simoleons. The following days, the profit steadily increased. I have to say that, now I have given it more time, the restaurant managing can be quite fun.

Also, my Sim went on a date to someone else's restaurant. He got food poisoning. This was actually a really nice detail, as it made it more like real life.

To be honest, now I have given it more time, the restaurant managing has become less or a grind and started to be fun.

Thank you for the insight :smile:
  • INeedAVacationINeedAVacation Posts: 32 Member

My restaurant guests were doing that too. I do like the retail side in Get To Work. My Sim also has a bakery. I find that really fun. It makes a steady profit every time I open it.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I love this pack, and I never had any issues related to this topic. At the moment my restaurants were not played by owner in a very long time, they are simply venues. But they still work fine, I get to order, I get served and all that. I noticed that some restaurants were no longer functional, I assume it was due to an employee no longer being in my game, so I had owner hire all new staff, and it works again.

I did play several restaurants as owner previously, but as I prefer to jump a lot from household to household, playing this lots actively is not really an option. So I use them mostly for alternative community lots, and I just love how we can create so much diversity.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    I no longer try to own a restaurant. It's not as much fun as Sims2, nor can your Sim seem to get ahead. So, I have placed the ones I built into my towns and just have my Sims dine there.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/