Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Mozart vs Sims 4 Mozart

Not sure whether to post this in the sims 3 forums or the sims 4 forums because this pertains to both.

I have made a sim to look like Mozart in both Sims 3 and Sims 4. I don't think I will get the 2 curls on either side without custom content being installed.

Here is my sims 3 attempt:

q9SekKs.jpg

As you can see by the clothing I was able to find pants cropped just below the knee which are the kind of pants I have seen every time I look at a picture that shows Mozart down to the shoes such as this picture:

wolfgang-amadeus-mozart-at-the-piano-austrian-composer-1756-1791-painting-K0R5TG.jpg

I was also able to find a red jacket with the lace at the center like I see in almost every Mozart picture

And here is the face of my sims 3 attempt:

gLuHBY4.jpg

Here is my sims 4 attempt:

xDh9P8I.png

Unlike the other one, this has gold around the edges but everything else in my sims 3 attempt is not there in my sims 4 attempt.

And here is his face:

TmRhi3O.png

Another difference is that in Sims 3, I have him as a young adult and in Sims 4, I have him as a teen, don't know if you can tell that just from the pictures though.

Which attempt do you think better reflects Mozart as a sim?

Sims 3 Mozart vs Sims 4 Mozart 31 votes

Sims 3
90%
Emily4331Hejixjaletu2005AnmirlaMikezumiemorrillJoAnne65Sunfisher0jillbgAlexaKryigazorIreneSwiftBettyboop55pandabear1836MemoriiValentineZeeGeethuggishsplicerjordandMidnightAuraAuzzPanda 28 votes
Sims 4
9%
zagboorulespinneduphairEvie0602 3 votes

Comments

• TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited February 2019
    If you allow access to female clothing options, there are quite a number of knee length capris AND leggings you can use to imitate the pants and the white stockings in TS4. I also believe Laundry Day and Cats/Dogs added some men's capris. You can also use the women's Mary Jane shoes to mimic Amadeus' shoes in that picture you have.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I wasn't sure which one to vote for - the face of your Sims 4 Mozart looks more like Mozart to me, but the clothes and hair are perhaps better on the Sims 3 version.

But have you seen the King of France hair and the Dress for Dinner outfit from the Versailles set in the Sims 3 store? They would be perfect for Mozart!
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Sims 3
    You're in a sims 3 thread, so... There's an obvious, preference, hehe.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited February 2019
    Sims 3
    I vote TS3 for the sake of the clothing items that are more similar than the TS4 version, but I join @PalmArrow - check the sets she mentioned!

Physically, Mozart had a quite distinctive nose, protruding eyes with arched eyebrows and a tiny, curled mouth. You will need to tweak your sims some more, they are too pretty! :)

th?id=OIP.bpVJRDl5DIXbpLxHwo4TjwHaIH&w=186&h=202&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited February 2019
    Sims 3
    I tend to lean towards the TS3 version over the TS4 one.

Here's a little Mozart piano inspiration (Mozart Piano Sonata in A major, Number 11, K.331)... @Caters... my piano teacher tossed me this one to learn...a few decades ago.
    https://youtu.be/FZ1mj9IaczQ

Me, I'm still looking for hair to match THIS guy's. If I find it... HALLELUJAH! :D
    800px-George_Frideric_Handel_by_Balthasar_Denner.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • CatersCaters Posts: 102 Member
    I tend to lean towards the TS3 version over the TS4 one.

Here's a little Mozart piano inspiration (Mozart Piano Sonata in A major, Number 11, K.331)... @Caters... my piano teacher tossed me this one to learn...a few decades ago.
    https://youtu.be/FZ1mj9IaczQ

Me, I'm still looking for hair to match THIS guy's. If I find it... HALLELUJAH! :D
    800px-George_Frideric_Handel_by_Balthasar_Denner.jpg

Good luck finding hair to match Handel or Bach. I think those 2 will be the hardest to make in Sims 3 or Sims 4.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Sims 3
    @Nikkei_Simmer Knowing Louis XIV started this hairstyle fashion because he lost his own hair very young, just make him bald! :joy:
    NymlADp.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2019
    Sims 3
    Apparently this painting comes closest to how Mozart really looked:

300px-Mozart-1783-lange.jpg

According to his wife.
    Hejix wrote: »
    You're in a sims 3 thread, so... There's an obvious, preference, hehe.

Although not necessarily I suppose, I must confess this indeed may apply for me, because I just prefer Sims 3 sims in general. And this is no exception.

ETA:
    Must... add... this, because it will never seize to give me shivers down my spine.

Mozart never actually heard this, just in his own mind. He died before he could finish it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Sims 3
    You should take a look at the Palace of Versailles set from the Sims 3 Store - it will have everything you need for his look!

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

Palace of Versailles:
    https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13944&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:61144&pcategoryId=12861&ppcategoryId=13943
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Sims 3
    I´m biased. :p
    But I also like your Sims 4 version. As said before, if you choose female clothing, there are better options for trousers and shoes.
    The Palace of Versaille set is routinely on the daily deal.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Sims 3
    I think the use of the breeches and hairstyle make the TS3 sim a closer match. I too would recommend using items from the Palace set.

@Nikkei_Simmer as far as I understand my history European men only wore big elaborate wigs on more formal occasions. Other than that they dressed and powdered their own natural hair, or wore a plain wig with natural hair close cropped underneath. It is the poor ladies I feel sorry for, their hair tended to be natural, dressed and powdered. What makes me sorry is the fact the hair was rarely washed and was quite often full of fleas and lice.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita