Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updates to the Vacation System I'd Like To See

Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
edited February 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I understand how the vacation system was initially made through a GP budget but there are lots of things I'd like to see improved or refined, especially now that we have Seasons. I think that after 4 years the system could use an update to it's functionalities to make it more enganging and fun.

- The technicalities and gameplay:

First, I think we should be able to plan a vacation similar to an event through the calendar. Hopefully this gets updated. We should be able to, similarly to TS2 Bon Voyage, choose which sims of the household go on vacation, what friends they want to take with them, how many days we want to stay and where we want to go. The day of the trip should be marked with an airplane icon in the calendar.

Second I think there should be a base charge for going on vacation (gotta cover those travelling expenses airplane tickets aren't cheap) plus the expenses for renting a house. Planning a vacation ahead should make it cheaper and perhaps there could be ways to get free tickets for vacationing maybe through having a good reputation, being a celebrity or as a rare/random gift from friends with very high relationships.

Third, the maximum days a sim can stay on vacation or prolong their vacation for, should be equal to the least amount of vacation days of work, a travelling sim currently has. Not counting children and teens and friend NPC's. I still don't completely understand how sims can go on vacation and not spend any work vacation days but still get paid.

I'd also like if there were vacation benefits that we'd be able to choose after going on a vacation too. They'd be limited time traits or moodlets that we can choose from a panel after arriving home that give sims unique temporary boosts like increased workplace performance, the ability to find rarer collectables, increased satisfaction gain, etc, because sims, like in real life, should feel more relaxed and focused after breaking through their routines and work.

- UI and animations

For starters they recently changed the travelling icon to the car instead of an airplane (which I like):

n3gil8p.png

However, I'd like it that when choosing the rental to stay at, after planning a vacation or by choosing to go on vacation directly from the phone, instead of a check mark icon we'd have the old plane icon. It makes sense to use it in the vacation context.

LLMbZZf.png

xL7tyGy.png

fHb95cA.png

Another thing that'd be really cool is if sims could carry some luggage either before or upon arrival to the rental lot, similar animation to the one at the start of the Sims Mobile. I think that would add some flavour and look really neat!

xDKoxbL.png

- Other

Last I think it would be really cool if similarly to TS1, the vacation world screen had it's own flavoured vacation loading music, to better engage us and put us in a vacationy mood. Like so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYSCB1L9wt0
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2019
    I love all your ideas, I want all of it! These changes are fairly easy to implement and still make a big difference!

Talking of changes to the vacation system, I'd like the option to buy vacation homes... (Like in Sims 2 and Sims 3)
    Q37xoFT.png
    If we buy a vacation home, we could stay as long as we want or move there, have lower costs and edit the house while on vacation in build mode.
    While our Sims are not at the vacation home, we could earn weekly revenue from renting it out to others. That means if you play with a different household, you could still rent this house, even if it's owned by another family.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    I love all your ideas, I want all of it! These changes are fairly easy to implement and still make a big difference!

Talking of changes to the vacation system, I'd like the option to buy vacation homes... (Like in Sims 2 and Sims 3)
    Q37xoFT.png
    If we buy a vacation home, we could stay as long as we want or move there, have lower costs and edit the house while on vacation in build mode.
    While our Sims are not at the vacation home, we could earn weekly revenue from renting it out to others. That means if you play with a different household, you could still rent this house, even if it's owned by another family.

I didn't even remember that! Completely agree, vacation homes would be great!!! Would love the option but a house in the jungle or a cabin in the woods.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1