Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What wall view do you use the most while playing>

I usually play with none up at all unless I am building. If so, I put them all the way up to do the wallpapers and put up wall decorations then get taken back down,
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

What wall view do you use the most while playing> 279 votes

All walls up
5%
jeepjeepcatKementarisekojranaAnthonydyertaydevstehlampeelelunicyayyitsmellChadSims2HalloMolliMasonGamerCementHopeyStarrbirdonawireTS1299GlacierSnow 16 votes
Partially up
80%
Frn0731GoldmoldaricmnfrshJoBass24usKita5399GalacticGalIcewolfLaBlue0314IceyJkippy300storyykrystle0385EIisabettaMystik1978AlexaiHowGreatThouArtxosummerloverxoStellaInterpolColorist40Allears 224 votes
None up
12%
verlainemSandySimMeteoraStormStrangerthanAnmirlainvisiblgirlMariefoxprice83friendlysimmersDJQ1308shygirlLynnwoodhunniboo1VanityHighAceOfKnavesfloridameerkat4oh4errorSavvySimmieSekrilmrsjohnson11Scobre 34 votes
Other
1%
Bagoas77NoTalentJojoMOMSTERStina1701Arumham 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    None up
    No walls up means I can see my surroundings. If something happens just outside my home it will usually catch my eye.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Partially up
    I play with cut-away walls, but put them full up often, for pictures.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Partially up
    Most of the time partially because it makes me feel more in the world of the sims. But sometimes I switch to none if the view is blocked
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    All walls up
    All up most of the time. If the walls block the view I usually reposition the camera instead of using the partially up view.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Partially up
    I don't understand why anyone would play with walls down. Why even build a house then? Just let your sims live outside.
    I'd like to see the house my sims live in so it feels like... they live in a house.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Partially up
    I play with cut-away mostly but depending on the house, and layout I play with no walls so I can see things. On some of my houses the cut-away tend to get in the way of finding short things like toilets, seats, yoga mats...
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Partially up
    I like to play in houses with open enough floor plans to play with walls partially up. It just makes me feel like I'm with the sim more. It looks better to me. I'll put them up if I have to for screen shots unless partially works. I sometimes play with them all down with multiple or spread out sims so I can see at a glance what they are doing and if they need help from momma/god.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Partially up
    Partially up. For screenshots all up though. Otherwise, there will always be a toilet or a trashcan sneaking in somewhere.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Partially up
    Partially up, from the front view of the house - like a dollshouse ;)
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Partially up
    ChelleJo wrote: »

This is my same approach. Though sometimes I take an awesome shot and suddenly realize there's a toilet the background because I forgot to put the walls back up.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    Partially up
    All up for screenshots though, always. I almost chose "other" because I take so many screenies and it's important part of playing for me.
    Post edited by musteni on
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 2019
    Partially up
    A few niggles though as sometimes things like kitchen long wall cabinets disappear in partial view. I liked The Sims version of partial view better when playing.
    Walls up though for screenshots and things like walking the dog.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    None up
    Always down. I want to see everything without turning the camera. (I like to see the house square-on, and it's so tricky to get the rotation adjusted just right, I don't want to mess with it.) It consistently annoys me that half-walls stay up even with all walls down. (Though, since my Sims like to leave dishes sitting on the half-walls, I'd have dishes floating in the air.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    Partially up
    I would honestly love to be able to play with walls up because it feels like you're actually IN the house with them. It increases my immersion, y'know? And if I've got some nice wallpaper and décor up it's great being able to see it in game. I know you can do this with half-way walls, but sometimes you can't get the camera in the right position. Sometimes for a laugh I play with the walls down because it's honestly a trip to be indoors and yet still see the world at the same time, haha. :D
  • Options
    PenguinBudgiePenguinBudgie Posts: 44 Member
    Partially up
    I usually only play with partially up walls unless, like others have said, something is blocking my view or I want to take a screenshot with a specific wall in the background.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Partially up
    Partially up. It’s the only way I can see them well and get the feeling of them being in the house. I’m also very much into open floor plans so this style allows for better access to my sims and their surroundings. All walls up is hard for me because I can’t really see the sims well and all walls down feels like they are outside to me.
  • Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    Partially up
    Usually partially up, but I'll put all walls up if my sim is in a larger room and it's not blocking my sight from anything.

Playing with all walls down is such a pet peeve of mine. :s
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Partially up
    I always play with partially up and have done that in every Sims game.
    All walls up means I have to move the camera around way too much to click on things that are behind walls, and none up just doesn't feel right to me. I would also miss seeing some of the decorations and wall colors.
  • Options
    tintitinti Posts: 1 New Member
    None up
    Usually I play with none up, but sometimes I put them up partially just to see the wall decorations or whatever, especially in build mode.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Partially up
    I want to see the wallpapers and other decorations, but all walls up would make playing difficult, so partially up it is :)
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    None up
    Seems like partially up is turning out to be the most used view so far
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Partially up

What you said. I have to remember most of the time to put those walls back up for pictures. Then I usually have to jockey around the camera to get the picture framed right.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Partially up

What you said. I have to remember most of the time to put those walls back up for pictures. Then I usually have to jockey around the camera to get the picture framed right.

And there's me thinking I was one of the very few that did that... :wink:
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 53 Member
    Partially up
    aldavor wrote: »

And there's me thinking I was one of the very few that did that... :wink:

I do this as well!

90% of the time I have the walls partially up.
  • Options
    scrutyniscrutyni Posts: 49 Member
    Partially up
    Definitely want to see the wallpaper and wall decorations I spent a hundred years picking out.
    Plus no walls just looks like a tiny fence on the ground and not a house. All the way up is for building only.
    Current SimLit Blog (Rotational Play): https://newcrestsponsorsims4.home.blog/
    Rookie builder and casual Simmer || Gallery: https://tinyurl.com/ycummopq