Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Comments

• MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    Hello again @Emily4331

So I came across this dress and one thing I noticed when my sim wore it was a black line across the neck. I wanted to know if it was from the dress so I put on a different outfit and the line vanished. In CAS it's not that noticeable since it's a thin line but in game the line becomes bigger.

https://www.thesimsresource.com/members/Bill_Sims/downloads/details/category/sims3-clothing-female/title/off-shoulder-thigh-split-maxi-dress/id/1577914/

I don't know what could be causing it but if you could check it out that would be great.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @MantleJackal What you're describing is a gap in the seam between the body and the scalp. A lot of times, even though you're using the EA body when making CC, the normals and/or bone assignments at vertices along seams (there are seams between the body and head/scalp, the torso and bottom (if not full body), and the leg and foot) tend to not match up quite right, which causes tiny (or sometimes huge) gaps in these seam areas.

Many creators, myself included, only really pay attention to torso/bottom seams and bottom/ankle seams, so this one was probably overlooked as the neck seams aren't usually as noticeable and awful looking as others. :lol: I mean, work smarter, not harder, right? :tongue:

But, of course, it does bother some people, so I went ahead and fixed it for you. :blush:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gorqbxvmrpss6as/bs_OffShoulderThighSplitMaxiDress_TS3_SeamFix.package?dl=0
    I try to overlook minor things like that when using CC since I don't have the knowledge to make the fixes myself, but sometimes it gets too bothersome and I just remove the CC. In this case I really like the dress so I thought of bringing up in this thread.

Once again, thanks and great work!
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    That is a beautiful dress. Thank you for fixing it Emily!
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited July 2022
    Oh, I downloaded that dress the other day but haven't had a chance to use it. Things like that REALLY annoy me. Thank goodness I popped into this thread, thanks Emily ! <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    @Emily4331 I just wanted to say thank you again for fixing this dress. It looks awesome on my sim Ruby Broke:

52262030881_0b0b962faa_c.jpg
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @KevinL5275 Gorgeous! :love: Glad I could help. :3
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited August 2022
    Yes @Emily4331 ! :star: I also snagged your fixed download and tried it on Haley from my Stardew Valley story. :blush: (I actually did it as a special gift for @KevinL5275 when I gifted him Haley. :smirk: )

Haley-red-dress.jpg

All of our lady sims just got sexier! ;)

Edit to add: 🎉 HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL! 🎉
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill In that dress, she's very much giving Miss Scarlett from Clue. :lol: And thank you! :kissing_heart:
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @emorrill In that dress, she's very much giving Miss Scarlett from Clue. :lol: And thank you! :kissing_heart:

@Emily4331 Wow, she totally is! :smiley: Thank you. <3
    It's so nice seeing everyone enjoying that dress. Everyone deserves to have their sims dressed to the nines! ^^
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    When I get a replacement computer, that dress is getting downloaded and going on…
    Who else….
    Screenshot-182.jpg
    I like the dress I put her in, but I like the sleeveless, thigh-cut dress that Emily fixed up too. 😁👍

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Hey @Emily4331 :grin:

Not sure if this counts as "broken cc" but it is kind of an annoyance and I was wondering if there's a way you could fix it. :blush:

I love these custom eyes from Praline Sims.

However, they have a bloodshot look to them. :confused: Let me show you some examples:

Here are the default EA eyes. Notice how the eye is nice and white around the Iris, as it should be.

Eyes-1.jpg

But with Praline's eyes here you can see how there's redness and shadowing around the Iris when there should be white...

Eyes-3.jpg

Eyes-4.jpg

Yeah me no likey. :(

So if there's a way you can fix that, that would be super awesim. :blush: If not, no worries. :kissing_heart: There's other cc eyes out there that I like, but there are very few and I really like the way she created these eyes (the iris and pupil and jazz).

Anyway, the link is above to the piece of cc. Let me know what you can do. Take your time. Thank you. <3

@emorrill Personally, I prefer the shadow. :sweat_smile: But I understand. I took the same white that the EA eye uses, so this should be better:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kff0ddd9o7rp5g9/[PS] Crystal Candy Eyes_ClearSclera.package?dl=0

Do note that I just edited the original file, so you'll need to take that one out of your game before putting mine in or they'll conflict and fight each other to the death. :tongue:
    @emorrill Personally, I prefer the shadow. :sweat_smile: But I understand. I took the same white that the EA eye uses, so this should be better:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kff0ddd9o7rp5g9/[PS] Crystal Candy Eyes_ClearSclera.package?dl=0

Do note that I just edited the original file, so you'll need to take that one out of your game before putting mine in or they'll conflict and fight each other to the death. :tongue:

@Emily4331 Lol! :lol: It's all good!

Thank you so so much! I really appreciate it. <3
    And yes I will be sure to take the original out. :)
    Hey @Emily4331 , it's me again. :p

I've been hard at work building up the perfect sims 3 folder with everything I want in the game that's been fully tested. :star: I learned the hard way not testing cc first... But anyway! :lol:

During my recent cc hunt I happened upon this outfit from ModishKitten and when I tried it out in game I noticed that it's another one of those outfits that stretches the body of the sim, making them look heavier than they really are. (I know, my "nit-pickiness" can be real silly sometimes. :p )

Maybe the creators do that on purpose, especially if it's an outfit that has multiple layers of clothing being worn, to give it that realistic look, but to me it's just an annoyance. :grimace: If I set my sim to a certain body weight, I don't want any of the clothes I dress them in to add on pounds...

So this is how the testing sim normally looked with an EA outfit that fits to her body:

Denim-jacket-dress-comp-1.jpg

Now, here she is wearing the piece of cc in question:

Denim-jacket-dress-comp-2.jpg

(You'll probably want to rapidly scroll between the two pictures to see what I'm seeing.)

You might not be able to see much of a difference, but switching back and forth between the two outfits in CAS, I could totally see the bone stretching. Also she loses that "hourglass" shape with the cc outfit.

So I was wondering if you could pretty please check the outfit out and see what you can do with it and let me know. :) I don't know if you remember that winter outfit I sent to you that made my sim's bu*tt look GIANT :lol: but I wondered if this was a similar case to that so I thought I would reach out to you. :)

As always, thank you. :blush: I really appreciate you giving of your time and skills to help us have all the wonderful cc we want in our games. <3
    @emorrill Pretty sure it's supposed to fit like that, but, anyway, I took the waist in for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztxuc1kid78wbuo/ModishKitten_LightWashDenimDress_AF_Fitted.package?dl=0
    @emorrill, I really need to do that too, but I got really lazy since my load times were at least half an hour to an hour long on my deceased piece of €£@#….

Maybe when I get my gaming laptop, I might take my folder from my old laptop and go through the stuff. I really need to decide which skins I’m using and see if I want to use a non-default or a default skin. Maybe if my gaming laptop’s load times are relatively fast, I’ll start fine-tuning my mods folder and get rid of the cc that I rarely ever use (chuck it in my main accumulation folder that’s not attached to the game.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @emorrill Pretty sure it's supposed to fit like that, but, anyway, I took the waist in for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztxuc1kid78wbuo/ModishKitten_LightWashDenimDress_AF_Fitted.package?dl=0

@Emily4331 Yeah after I posted I got to thinking about it and I think it was made to look like a loose sundress. :confused: But I still can't shake off how it popped out her waistline a little...
    All the small things right? ;) (Now that song is in my head. :p )

Thank you. :kissing_heart:

@Nikkei_Simmer
    emorrill, I really need to do that too, but I got really lazy since my load times were at least half an hour to an hour long on my deceased piece of €£@#….
    ^Oh I totally get it buddy. The struggle is real...
    It's why I never did proper testing before on my old original computer we bought to run Sims 3 back in the day, but since I have faster loading times on this new computer (of 4 years) I figure I can better go in and out of game to test stuff now. ;)
    Hope you get a computer soon. 🤞
    @emorrill The camera in CAS adds ten pounds. :D
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

@KevinL5275 ^LOL! :joy:
    Love it! :kissing_heart:

I sure hope my post about fixing this piece of cc didn't sound shallow to any of you...that totally wasn't my intent. :(
    (Sorry my anxiety is high right now...)

But yeah, @Emily4331 that simple change made a world of difference in it's look to me, so thank you again. <3 Just wanted to share some pictures for anyone who wants to see it.
    (Hope @Charlottesmom doesn't mind that I used her SS as a model here. ;):p She was the sim to pop up when I entered CAS.)

dress-improve-1.jpg

dress-improve-2.jpg

Playing with colors. :blush:
    dress-improve-3.jpg

dress-improve-4.jpg
    @emorrill Glad I could help. :smile:
    emorrill wrote: »
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

@KevinL5275 ^LOL! :joy:
    Love it! :kissing_heart:

I sure hope my post about fixing this piece of cc didn't sound shallow to any of you...that totally wasn't my intent. :(
    (Sorry my anxiety is high right now...)

But yeah, @Emily4331 that simple change made a world of difference in it's look to me, so thank you again. <3 Just wanted to share some pictures for anyone who wants to see it.
    (Hope @Charlottesmom doesn't mind that I used her SS as a model here. ;):p She was the sim to pop up when I entered CAS.)

Glad to give you a laugh. :mrgreen:

I didn't take your request as being shallow. I agree with you that the proportions looked "off" on that dress before Emily "fixed" it.

CharlottesMom hasn't posted since July 2020. Hope she's ok.
    edited September 2022
    A while back, I asked @Emily4331 to convert a now hard-to-find cc set item and enable it for female. She did a fantastic job on it. And it certainly helps my "apocalypse" and military fics to be illustrated by sims. I just wanted to show her work and say what a wonderful asset this thread is with @Emily4331's Blender skills - which I am in awe of.
    hGydU7A.jpg
    Here's the ballistic armor system enabled for female and on River - for my Woeford Apocalypse story. Thank you... @Emily4331 - what a superb conversion to "enable for female" from male.
    ...and here it is "in-game" or as they say in the military, "in-the-field".
    WRb7oMA.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @Nikkei_Simmer I didn't pay him for this sponsorship. Promise. :tongue:

In all seriousness:

flattered-oh-stop-it.gif

I appreciate the praise, friend. :heart: Always glad to help! :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights