Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Comments

• matthewst10matthewst10 Posts: 47 Member
    I am new to the forums, so here is an image of an example of what I'm referring to:

https://i.imgur.com/IJta4w0.jpg
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @matthewst10 This might be a silly question, but have you tried different shoes? Maybe it's just a problem with those shoes. Or that shoe/hair combo.
    @Emily4331 I believe I changed her age, took off her socks, used different shoes, tried with no shoes, tried many different things and the issue was still there
    @matthewst10 Hmm, I am out of ideas. :lol: The toddler version of the hair looks identical to me, just made to fit a toddler and not an adult. So I don't know why one would work and the other wouldn't. Especially causing such a strange issue.
    @Emily4331 I haven't seen the toddler version yet, but hopefully it can be converted to an adult version
  • purpleeyedpurpleeyed Posts: 6 New Member
    @Emily4331 Aw, that's a shame, thanks for trying though!! I have... a terrible premonition I will end up learning how to import meshes into the game from scratch at this point pffffft assuming there is a blender plug-in that works
    @purpleeyed You totally should! You should be able to find all you'd need here:
    https://sims3tutorialhub.tumblr.com/index
    @Emily4331 I just tested the toddler version of the hair and it seems to be perfect, just like the child one. May I please get a conversion if possible? :smile: I'm guessing the original creator must have done something wrong when converting it because they're fine for the other ages.
    @matthewst10 I tried to convert this for you and just made my game crash because my conversion was probably wonky as heck. :lol: (as I said in the OP and repeatedly - I don't work with CC hair. It is a different beast).

So, basically, I've done the last thing I can think of - put the original adult female version 1 of the hair in my game and see if I can replicate this. First, with EA shoes, then with high poly CC shoes. As with my last picture, I zoomed out and cropped the picture so you could see better.

EA:
    J8OnpeT.png
    Perfectly fine.

CC:
    ZU4ExYp.png
    Perfectly fine.

I zoomed in and out and diagonal and straight on and every way I could with both these shoes and neither had the problem your picture shows. I looked at every outfit of hers I knew would have different shoes.

vVaI6jB.png
    Bare feet. Perfectly fine.

QUO7LMT.png
    CC ankle boots. Perfectly fine.

nr4or3V.png
    Another CC ankle boot. Perfectly fine.

dusJCf7.png
    CC heels. Perfectly fine.

So, my friend, you say you've tried many different things - including bare feet - but the problem persisted. Well, I'm a bit confused here, because the problem seems non existent in my game, as you can see in the 6 shoes I tested. My hypothesis for this experiment was that whatever this problem is, it is not caused by this hair. And my conclusion after this experiment is that my hypothesis is correct. From here, I don't know what to tell ya, man. :/
    edited February 2020
    @Emily4331 I am sorry to put you through this :/ I removed all of my default replacement meshes and the problem went away! It's working perfectly now! Thank you. :smile: I think the culprit was a default replacement eye mesh with SimEyes Shader. I did that before (removed all of the default meshes) before the hairbone fix and still had the problem but now it's gone!
    @matthewst10 Glad to hear it! :smiley:
    edited February 2020
    Turns out my mesh replacements were fine with the hair. I just re-added all of them. I know what went wrong for real now. My CC manager was just being difficult. It doesn't like when I try to replace files and instead just renames the old one. I had to delete my entire hair folder and replace it with a fresh new copy and everything's working fine. It wasn't working because it was actually the old one that it refused to replace. Thank you so much! :smile: I really appreciate your effort and now the hair is perfect. That replacement rename thing happened when I tried to change an eye's texture because it was too dark too. I had to delete it and re-add it over and over again until it got replaced properly. You're awesome at this! :smile:
    Edit: Actually. It's still there! I found the problem for sure now. It happens when my sim's weight slider is moved right or left in any degree from the exact middle of the slider. It doesn't like skinny or fat sims for some odd reason... That's weird it wouldn't work with the weight slider. The more to the middle the more normal it looks. If I make them too heavy it becomes deformed too. The way it works with the sliders must have been messed up somehow. I'm so sorry that all I had to do was test a slider to find out what was wrong and it look me a long time :/
    My sim on the heavier side of weight:
    hQ7Qfyy.jpg

My sim a lot more thin:
    d3RGArK.jpg

When it's perfectly in the middle it's perfect! No deformities at all:
    K5Ebl4x.jpg
    Post edited by matthewst10 on
    @matthewst10 I still have no idea, honestly. My sim I tested it on is "more to love" according to the game and isn't in the middle on the muscle or weight sliders.
    @Mikezumi Yes, I've tried every retexture I could find. All have the same issue.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited February 2020
    Eh, there's so much of this stuff around, it's hard to avoid completely.
    rXhd1NV.jpg
    No, this isn't a request. I just used some other hair. But it's great you help others :smile: .
    Post edited by Turjan on
    I can do a more in-depth test in my game seeing how the weight slider affects things. Just to see if this isolates the problem, or poses more questions. Though, I'm not sure I'll be able to fix it anyway. :/
    edited February 2020
    So, after increasing the slider a bit to the right, I encountered the same problem. Since it had to do with zooming out, I assume it was a problem with one of the lower levels of detail. I replaced the LOD I thought was the culprit and....
    ExyjcgU.png

False alarm, there is a problem with another lower LOD GEOM too, so I'll have to replace that one as well.
    Well, I think I can say I am thoroughly out of ideas for this one. :lol: Replacing the LODs didn't fix it. You say it works for Toddler and Child, I decided to, again, compare the LODs from the adult hair, the child hair, and the toddler hair and their LODs are identical. They're the same objects, just resized to fit different heads. So why the tod and child version work fine, but the adult one doesn't...honestly, it's beyond me. I've tried all I can think of and I'm not a wizard. I don't work with CC hair, and I've gone out of my comfort zone quite a lot recently to try and trial and error a fix for you. Nothing is working. You win some, you lose some. This is beyond my level of knowledge, so I'm waving my white flag. Believe me when I say that it disappoints me as much as it disappoints you. But I just cannot figure out how to fix this and it is really stressing me out, so I give up. :neutral:

In the OP, I even have in bold that I don't work with CC hair...this is why. :weary:
    Thank you anyways! I'll just use another hair that works fine :smile:
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @matthewst10 Perhaps it's just time to give up on that hair. Surely it's not such a unique style that you really have to have it! There are many long hairs here.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @matthewst10 Perhaps it's just time to give up on that hair. Surely it's not such a unique style that you really have to have it! There are many long hairs here.

^Beat me to saying the same thing @Mikezumi . ;)

@Emily4331 I admire your willingness to try and fix the hair. You have much more talent in this department than many of us do. You rock! :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @Emily4331 Do you fix EA clothing meshes? Some EA clothing has weird seams and stomach lines. If you can please help me, I have some EA clothing that has seams. It's okay if not :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top