Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decisions, decisions...

Ok...Well, with the sale on Sims 4 EPs and GPs going on, I'm in a personal quandary!

Basically, Dine Out, is a GP that I have no real desire for, other than the CAS and Build/Buy aspects it brings to the game. But, as it's the only GP that I don't have, and it's on sale, I'm torn as to whether I should buy it or not?

Would those of you who have Dine Out, speak up on how they like the GP? Do you think the CAS and Build/Buy stuff are good enough to buy the GP (on sale), in and of themselves? Do you enjoy playing restaurants even though you didn't think you would, initially?

Thank you to all who respond!

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've got, by far, more restaurants in my game than any other commercial lot. with the ability to set the staff outfits and menus even on the lots you have no intention of actually owning, you have a huge, huge assortment of options

could have a seafood restaurant run by pirates (though both get famous and cats and dogs help), a pan-asian restaurant selling various city living dishes and other things (such as the two from yesterday's update), even a place that just sells pizza, if you want

i do wind up using a fair bit of cas and bb in all sorts of ways, too, but absolutely love having so many different restaurants to send sims to for whatever reason. most other lot types start to feel the same to me after a while, no matter how much i change things around between different versions of them (which is why i'm down to just one gym and one spa in my game now) but i seem to always want more restaurants...
  • Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    Huh. Maybe I'll end up enjoying playing restaurants at least sometimes, too!

Thank you very much @kalaksed!
  • Options
    MiupplayMiupplay Posts: 24 Member
    Yea, I don't think I have ever played as a restaurant owner longer than 15 minutes, not my thing. But I really enjoy taking my Sims out to dinners, eather a romantic meal just for two or a nice family meal and I love getting calls from my sim's friends asking them out for breakfast etc.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    What I love about restaurants is how versatile they are. You have several themed menues to choose from but you can also custom make your own. I too have several restaurants of various themes. You can even have an icecream parlor.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Miupplay wrote: »
    Yea, I don't think I have ever played as a restaurant owner longer than 15 minutes, not my thing. But I really enjoy taking my Sims out to dinners, eather a romantic meal just for two or a nice family meal and I love getting calls from my sim's friends asking them out for breakfast etc.

This. I use the CAS items a lot too. I say treat yourself. :)
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    It’s my favorite and I’ve never even tried owning a restaurant. I love taking my Sims on dates there, it’s a great way to increase relationships. It’s also a great way for Sims to learn some of the new recipes.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I'm also a fan of this pack. I have never owned a restaurant but I love to send my sims out to dinner er. For a romantic dinner or just with friends and family. The customization options for menu and staff outfits make a lot of different restaurants possible. I also like the Cas and bb objects a lot.

I like this pack more than outdoor retreat and spa day. My game didn't feel complete without the possibility of sending my sims to a restaurant.