Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trade Off - TS4 Game-play Challenge by EQCreations

1234568...Next

Comments

• FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm a bad Simmer and didn't take many pictures during the last three weeks. I did however remember to track their funds and goals and such. I remember the highlights though...

Drumroll, Please! I've finished out the Sim year with Ophelia and Felicia and they're both still alive! :lol:

Week 6 saw Ophelia complete both the Curator (the *entire* Frog collection) and Bodybuilder aspirations. She actually reached her Body's Maximum Potential before she maxed out her Fitness levels. First time I've had a sim do that! She gained a little bit of fame because of a chance card, but I haven't really done much with it. I figured having one unplanned celebrity was enough to play with this time around.

She gained a promotion to level 7 - Champion Bodybuilder.

Also, on Sunday she and Felicia became BFFs. And Felicia acquired two celebrity quirks - both of which caused some amusement and frustration all at the same time.

Harvestfest arrived and Ophelia and Felicia shared their dinner and thankfulness with Marcus and Maximiliano - who despite not being able to really date except every other week still have a really high romance meter with their respective girlfriends. Ophelia cooked the Grand Meal.

Week 7 arrived and it started off with a bang! Sunday morning, when I switched Felicia's aspiration to the Curator aspiration, it dinged as completed, again thanks the to complete collection of frogs. Then, that evening when Felicia arrived home from work, she did so with a new job title - Novelist (level 7 in the Author career path). I gave Felicia the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration, and she jumped immediately to the final milestone, having already earned the simoleons necessary to move through the other milestones.

Wednesday night, she maxed out her Writing skill, and Thursday before work, she completed the Bestselling Author aspiration. She also promoted to a 4-star Proper Celebrity. That's been tough, because it means either remembering to don a disguise before heading to the gym, or ducking into the bathroom the minute they arrive to don the disguise so she can exercise in peace.

Week 8 - the final week of the year! This week sees both Winterfest and New Year's Eve which means fewer days for promotion possibilities - which I circumvented by making NYE not a day off from work.

The first part of the week was quiet. I gave Ophelia the Fabulously Wealthy trait as well, and she was most of the way through the second milestone. Work, gym, and - for Ophelia - a couple of club gatherings so she could get mentoring done, spend time with Marcus and other good friends, and have fun (hooray for the Gym Rat reward!) all at the same time! Felicia got dragged along to the gym on a couple of the days, even though she didn't get as much enjoyment out of it since she was unable to be in disguise.

Wednesday was Winterfest, and it nearly went up in flames. Well... the tree did go up in flames Tuesday night when they tried to light it (faulty wiring maybe?), but Ophelia was brave and extinguished the fire before it burned more than the tree. She got the ashes taken care of, the floor cleaned from the scorch marks left by the fire, and then repurchased the tree. Redecorated it, and then time for the lighting. This time it went perfectly! Again Marcus and Maximiliano were invited to celebrate with them, and everyone had a very enjoyable time. Gifts were exchanged, and apparently neither Marcus nor Maximiliano really liked the gifts they got, but both Felicia and Ophelia loved theirs.

Thursday, Felicia came home with a promotion to Fan Favorite (level 8 Author).

Friday, a huge thunderstorm caused so much anxiety in Ophelia, that she hovered right on the edge of the Excellent needed for job promotion, but just couldn't get there. And Saturday, for whatever reason, the arrow moved only incrementally to the right. Probably another couple of days and she'll get that promotion.

Then of course, New Year's Eve. They celebrated at Rattlesnake Juice, invited Marcus and Maximiliano along, and in general had a good evening. They even made resolutions - Ophelia to gain a promotion, and Felicia to write a book.

At the end of the year, here's what we have:

Year End Standings:
    Funds: Funds $106658, Ophelia's vault $6786, Felicia's vault $11885
    Aspirations: Ophelia - Bodybuilder and Curator, and by the end of the week nearly done with the third milestone of Fabulously Wealthy; Felicia - Bestselling Author and Curator, and by the end of the week nearly done with the final milestone of Fabulously Wealthy
    Highest point in the career: Ophelia at level 7 of Bodybuilder path of the Athletic career, another day or two and she'll be at 8; Felicia - at level 8 of the Author path of the Writer career

I'm planning to continue playing them. The plan... to possibly get each of them married (whether Marcus and Ophelia will stay together, since he is Non-Commital, I don't know) and start families (Maximiliano is Family Oriented). I'm planning to split the household funds between the two women, and give them whatever is in their own vaults, then move them to a different section of Oasis Springs. They'll buy houses next to each other, BFFs need to live next door so they can just drop by whenever, give them the keys to each others place, and then I'll bounce back and forth between them and continue their lives. I want to see what happens with Felicia and stardom, and whether or not Ophelia or Marcus will step into the spotlight. Will Maximiliano get a job, or be a stay-at-home parent? It'll be my first taste of rotational play. :smiley:

I've put them on the gallery as their skilled selves - Marshall & Upton Skilled - so that you all can add them to your games.

Thanks @EuphorialQueen for creating such a fun challenge! I'll be returning to it a little later - maybe this time with a Good/Evil pair. :wink:
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm a bad Simmer and didn't take many pictures during the last three weeks.
    If not remembering to take pictures makes be bad then I am horrid! :lol:
    Your summary certainly creates a fantastic picture of events. <3
    Yipes at the tree fire! Glad it worked out the second time and no Sims left with the Grim.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've been MIA with the new pack release. I loved your challenge/story @Faoiltearna I'm going to get your sims off the gallery also :). Thanks for putting them there. Eventually I'm going to do this challenge again. I think the new rules make a lot of sense although I kind of got a kick out of watching them some days... stinking on the sidewalk...
    egTcBMc.png
  • FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I've been MIA with the new pack release. I loved your challenge/story @Faoiltearna I'm going to get your sims off the gallery also :). Thanks for putting them there. Eventually I'm going to do this challenge again. I think the new rules make a lot of sense although I kind of got a kick out of watching them some days... stinking on the sidewalk...

Thanks @Hermitgirl :smile: When you download them, would you let me know which of their reward traits come with them, please? I'm curious if the purchased ones will be there or just the ones they earned (like the bonus traits for finishing their aspirations). They each earned "Collector" (from the Curator aspiration), Ophelia should have "Long-Lived" and Felicia "Poetic". Plus they survived spicy foods so earned the trait for that. They were close to getting Chopstick mastery but hadn't quite managed it yet. And there were a couple that I purchased early on, umm... Felicia had Creative Visionary and Ophelia had Gym Rat. So I'm just curious which ones they'll have.
    Challenge and comment threads by @EuphorialQueen {Me} are checked on a regular basis.
    Rules for challenges are reviewed for potential updates each time new content is added to the game.
    Please feel free to comment if you have questions.
    26May2019 New options for traits, aspirations and interactions have been added to base game and beyond.
    Please feel free to incorporate these into your game.
  • AuroraBoreallisAuroraBoreallis Posts: 108 Member
    EQ

This challenge sounds like fun and I am gonna give it a go ... However, I have a few questions before I begin
    Neighborhood is up to you with a suggested 30x20 size lot
    Can we use a different lot size like 30x30 or 40x40 but nothing bigger than that
    Loveseat, sofa or bench for seating (or naps) and single bed for each
    Can we use a double bed instead of single bed (WooHoo thinking here ... LOL)

[quote}These can also be added later to save on the lot budget[/quote]
    This leads me to believe that we need to use our starting funds to build our houses.
    Can we instead build our houses the way we want and use the FreeRealEstate cheat
    to move into our house

Thanks in advance for your response

edited July 2019
    @AuroraBoreallis
    Can we use a different lot size like 30x30 or 40x40 but nothing bigger than that?
    Yes you may use any size that suits you :) I just prefer 30x20 as it is easiest for me to manage and helps keep bills low.
    Can we use a double bed instead of single bed (WooHoo thinking here ... LOL)
    Of course! Gotta keep that fun meter up :D
    Can we instead build our houses the way we want and use the FreeRealEstate cheat
    to move into our house.
    The challenge goals are not money based so ... yes ... that would be allowed if it suits your playing style.
    I hope you can have some fun while playing. It would be great if you would share your story. ;)
    Aspirations List for Base Game and All Current Packs Updated 10June2020
    Aspirations June 2020 Eco Lifestyle
    01 Animal - Friend of the Animals (Cats & Dogs)
    02 Athletic - Bodybuilder
    03 Creativity - Painter / Writer / Musician / Master Actor (GF) / Master Maker (EL)
    04 Deviance - Public Enemy / Chief of Mischief
    05 Family - Four choices (Including Super Parent & Vampire Family)
    06 Food - Culinary / Mixology / Grilled Cheese (Unlocked)
    07 Fortune - Wealth / Property
    08 Knowledge - Three choices plus Master Vampire / Archaeology Scholar (JA) / Spellcraft & Sorcery (ROM) /Academic (DU)
    09 Location - City Native (City Living) / Mystery of StrangerVille (StrangerVille) / Beach Life (IL)
    10 Love - Serial Romantic / Soulmate
    11 Nature - Botanist / Fisherman / Curator / Outdoor Enthusiast (OR Pack) / Jungle Explorer (JA) / Purveyor of Potions (ROM) / Eco Innovator (EL)
    12 Popularity - Joker / Friend / Party / Leader of the Pack / Good Vampire / World Famous Celebrity (GF)
    Aspirations List for Base Game and All Current Packs Updated 10June2020
    Aspirations June 2020 Eco Lifestyle
    01 Animal - Friend of the Animals (Cats & Dogs)
    02 Athletic - Bodybuilder
    03 Creativity - Painter / Writer / Musician / Master Actor (GF) / Master Maker (EL)
    04 Deviance - Public Enemy / Chief of Mischief
    05 Family - Four choices (Including Super Parent & Vampire Family)
    06 Food - Culinary / Mixology / Grilled Cheese (Unlocked)
    07 Fortune - Wealth / Property
    08 Knowledge - Three choices plus Master Vampire / Archaeology Scholar (JA) / Spellcraft & Sorcery (ROM) /Academic (DU)
    09 Location - City Native (City Living) / Mystery of StrangerVille (StrangerVille) / Beach Life (IL)
    10 Love - Serial Romantic / Soulmate
    11 Nature - Botanist / Fisherman / Curator / Outdoor Enthusiast (OR Pack) / Jungle Explorer (JA) / Purveyor of Potions (ROM) / Eco Innovator (EL)
    12 Popularity - Joker / Friend / Party / Leader of the Pack / Good Vampire / World Famous Celebrity (GF)
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    Nice challenge :smile:
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member

Please come and join us in celebrating our dear friend EuphorialQueen. She loved The Sims Creators' Consortium  and all it's members. We've showcased some of our favorite creations and challenges created by EQ.  Your invited to share your memories of EQ with us.
    If you're not a member of The Sims Creators' Consortium , you can leave a comment here if you'd like.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Thank you for letting us know @BUTTONSGINGER... I'm really saddened by this news. She was a wonderful, caring, creative and thoughtful member of the community. I took real joy in participating in what she thought up and was impressed by her engagement and friendliness.
    egTcBMc.png