Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - Episode 5 - Special 19th anniversary!

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I dunno, the new toddler hair looks unisex to me. A lot of kids that young don't have long hair. Plus, they were going for Chinese culture so it's most likely a style and texture that's commonly seen in Asia.
    #Team Occult
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Looks good to me, can always use more stuff!
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I love the new content! Thank you for creating it for us and sharing it in the update!!
  • Tigger3336Tigger3336 Posts: 93 Member
    Oh wow, I'm very excited for all the new content! Thank you EA <3 It's like an entire Stuff Pack for free.
    My Gallery page: Tigger3336
    Please stop by & leave some love. <3
    Sims4Studio Creator Page: sims4studio.com/thread/16306/tigger3336-creations
    My website for FREE #CC : https://tinyurl.com/ycybbczx
    Share if you like, everyone is welcome.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    thanks to the maxis team and all involved in keeping simmers happy! lets go for another 20 years! thank you for your hard work, have a great day!
  • reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    @EA_Mai These updates are just in time for my B Day, which is the 15th of this month. ^.^; Didn't remember that the anniversary for The Sims was this month too. Congrats to you guys for 19 years. TY for an early B Day present too.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    For a second i thought they were going to add Shang Simla as a new free world in Sims 4, which i would love, but thats ok. I love the new things we are getting! I hope to see more cool stuff like that!
    The only good thing about this update is that the devs finally remembered that toddlers exist for once. I disagreed with the "unisex" hair claim. It very clearly looks like boy hair, so it was weird seeing it put on two little girls. But I guess it's fine since we could use more for toddler boys anyway.

I was going to say that it looks like a girly hairstyle, but i guess it depends on whos looking to it...

Looks like a pixie to me and looks cute for girls.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    This is all lovely. Thank you so much for doing this. Maybe the statues could reflect the Lunar New Year animals each year in a free patch too? Love it all. Again thank you for this! I'll certainly be on the look out for the lot and family to download too!
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

👍 for the new content, I love the family I hope they are in the gallery. You guys did a wonderful job.
    I love when we get our mini stuff packs.

that hair is good for a boy or girl, it fit the girl toddlers perfectly, they could not have been cuter.

Now, OMG, Kate is so funny, It was a lot of fun watching her cut the cake 🎂for everyone while licking her fingers. 😂 you can tell the one she likes best, she gave her way more fruit. She always makes us laugh.

I will just forgive you all for not letting us in on the real party.🎈 JK this was the only party.🎉

I am not into drowning kids but if I had seen that on a live screen that had to be hilarious.🤣😂

I did Enjoy seeing our Famous Guest The Sim Supply, James Turner 👍👏

Happy birthday to all Simmers, and Bosses and everyone inbetween
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    Wow 19 years, I've been playing since day one so this makes me feel old :D
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    The only good thing about this update is that the devs finally remembered that toddlers exist for once. I disagreed with the "unisex" hair claim. It very clearly looks like boy hair, so it was weird seeing it put on two little girls. But I guess it's fine since we could use more for toddler boys anyway.

My daughter had that kind of hair as a toddler. Sometimes, hair just doesn't grow very long until they're older and some days you just don't feel like going through the effort of putting it all up in bows and pigtails. There are playgrounds to get to, dang it. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    So we are getting about 19 new items plus one new swatch for the paper lamp and 2 new recipes (Mud Carp and Vegetable Dumplings).

Females:

2 dresses
    1 Necklace
    1 pair of earings

Males:

1 top

Children:

1 female dress
    1 male top (might be unisex)

Toddlers:

1 unisex hair
    1 female dress
    1 unisex top

Buy Mode:

1 new Chair
    1 new six seater
    1 new toy
    1 new lamp
    4 new decorations
    1 new plant

Eep! Hair for my toddlers! And new clothes! And a new plant! When is the patch coming?
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    @invisiblgirl It's slated to drop today. Given that they're pacific coast, I'd give them at least until 3PM EST for the patch to drop.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2019
    @invisiblgirl It's slated to drop today. Given that they're pacific coast, I'd give them at least until 3PM EST for the patch to drop.
    If everything goes as expected, patch is scheduled for 10AM PT today. ;)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    That unisex hairstyle for the tots looks a bit wrong to me as when I was young, girls' and boys' hair partings were on different sides of the head -as in the case of buttons on coats. I cannot now remember which side was which. Times change and fashions with it! :)
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    The hair looks fine to me for girls. On the sides, it's a bit long for boys, IMO. But it works either way.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    Searching for the patch release info for the Lunar New Year stuff that's coming. I can't find when the download will happen for PC. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you.
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited February 2019
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Searching for the patch release info for the Lunar New Year stuff that's coming. I can't find when the download will happen for PC. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you.

10am PST.
    edited February 2019

10am PST.

On searching for that time on Bing it came up for my country's time at the top of the page! 6pm in the UK (GMT). Just copy and paste is what I do now.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Thank you so much for the new content! It is nice that you gave toddlers some love! Keep up the work! ;)
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    The hair looks fine to me for girls. On the sides, it's a bit long for boys, IMO. But it works either way.

I have a boy cousin whose hair was easily that long as a toddler. Yes, he got mistaken for a girl, and yes his mom did eventually have it all cut off.
    image.png
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Anybody know where we can see pics of all the new content?
    PDWxp40.jpg
    lsnishi wrote: »
    Anybody know where we can see pics of all the new content?

There was a preview here that I saw.
    https://simscommunity.info/2019/02/04/the-sims-4-lunar-new-year-content-update-preview/
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Thank you for the new content! Also, that house in the Maxis monthly stream was amazing.