March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The ability to make any lot a rental lot.

If we could make any lot as a rental lot then we could use any world as a vacation spot. You build your house in the world you like best and then go spend a week or two in another world.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I mean, that's how I think it always should have been. Yet people seem to love the idea of vacation-only worlds regardless :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Okto84Okto84 Posts: 197 Member
    This would be awesome - in fact make it possible to change all the lots to any type. Vacation worlds are cool, but sometimes it would be fun to have sims live there too.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I mean, that's how I think it always should have been. Yet people seem to love the idea of vacation-only worlds regardless :D

I like vacation only worlds. They are unique in comparison to the others and change the pace of the normal game. That's what's good about them.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I like vacation only worlds. They are unique in comparison to the others and change the pace of the normal game. That's what's good about them.

That's fine, but what I don't understand is why people feel like they need to be forced into using their worlds a certain way. If we could put rental and residential lots anywhere we wanted to, people could still keep their "Vacation Worlds" as they currently are by making all the lots rental. And more options would be opened up to those who might not necessarily want to use them that way.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

This should be an individual player's right to choose how they want to play. If you like a strictly vacation only world, then that would be your choice, not mine. Like Cupid said, we should have the choice to make residential and rental lots in all worlds if we choose to, and for those like you, you'd have the choice to keep it as is. Win win for all of the masses, not just a select group ;)
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Yes Please...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Agreed.
  • mikaelahollymikaelaholly Posts: 46 Member
    I really like that idea. There's hotels/airbnb's everywhere in real life, even in places that aren't vacation-like!
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    I just make my beautiful mansions into generic lots, and take my sim families there. That works great for families that have starter houses and need some decent sleep and food, lol.

They treat it like they are home, until they need to go to school or work. I don't have the vacation world expansion, so I don't have that choice.

When you use the vacation world, what if your sim doesn't have many vacation days stored up? Do they have to go to work from there?
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I like this idea a lot. Never thought about being able to pick and choose where rental lots go; that would be fantastic. I do have some sims I would love to have live in Granite Falls, not just vacation there.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    I like this. They could have the vacation worlds have all rental lots by default and the regular worlds all residental lots by default (apart from public lots of course) and the player has the option to change the lot types individually as they wish.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    Being able to make any lot a rental lot would also allow players to switch back and forth between playing in a house and playing in an apartment without having to move each time. So players would get more out of their packs than the would just playing either or for extended periods.