Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do you have your sims propose?

ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
I saw an old thread that's been necro'd, but I still wanted to talk about Sims' proposals, so I thought I'd start a new thread. Do you take your sims to certain locales to get beautiful pictures? Or are most of your proposals in their underwear in the middle of the night? (mine are, lol). Pics and stories welcome!

Here's some shots of one of my most recent sim's proposals:
AGbs7E9.pngoSl6MFN.pngClara and Kayaan met at the homeless shelter where Clara's daughter had been staying. She'd run away from home to get away from her tyrannical father. Eventually Clara worked up the nerve to divorce her husband Mario. She got married immediately after that to another sim, Krishna. That marriage lasted about a week, during which time Rebeka convinced her mother to let Kayaan come live with them. He was a homeless veteran who'd helped keep Clara's daughter safe while she couldn't, so it was the least they could do. Turned out there was chemistry between Clara and Kayaan. It turned out all right for Krishna because he realized he was gay when he met Caleb Vatore who he's now happily married to.
Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
Sims 4 Blog
Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I'm more a "wherever they are" kind of person. 4 am in the bathroom? Sure! Out on a nice hike in OR? Yup! All over the place lol.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    @WildIrishBanshee I am generally the same myself, but I've seen some shots of people's proposals recently and I realized there were opportunities in game I've been missing out on, so I'm trying to get creative and romantic with sims proposals now.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Often on vacations or having dinner together at one of my couples homes often after a vacation and they get back home. They get engaged and move into together into which ever home can be expanded the best. Then plan a wedding often in the back yard a few days latter.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    no where since as a player of the sim and since its also do not fit my gameplay style I do not relly see the point of romance in the game sims can easly live toghter raise a family with out the need for romance or wedding in the game in my honest opinion
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    @friendlysimmers I have a few families that live like that as well. Mostly they were single parents who teamed up to raise their kids in a family environment. Thanks for sharing your opinion. :)
    Sims 4 Blog
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I am with you Reg...but not a wedding in the backyard. I don't think I've had a wedding in Sims 4 to be honest. Weddings in Sims 3 were mostly disappointments and after all that work. :D Nope, usually they get married somewhere around the house, bathrooms are not unusual, lol.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • lonestarranger01lonestarranger01 Posts: 60 Member
    Generally I take mine out on a date when my sims propose. I would say the most common place for me is Chez Llama but Stargazer lounge is a close runner up. The only time I do proposals and marriages in the house is when my sims have roommates during young adulthood who are pretty much there just to help pay the bills till my family sim gets married and I decide to arrange them with someone before they leave.
    “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” –The Goblet of Fire
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

As a rotational player I have over 50 different households :p Only a few are "conventional". For them I built a special lot, sweet and corny: the Romance Gazebo with a Fountain of Commitment lol

omps8y3.png

You can download here if you like it :D lol
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I am with you Reg...but not a wedding in the backyard. I don't think I've had a wedding in Sims 4 to be honest. Weddings in Sims 3 were mostly disappointments and after all that work. :D Nope, usually they get married somewhere around the house, bathrooms are not unusual, lol.

I know what you mean - I love weddings in Sims 2 - but Since Sims 2 they just are not much fun like they were - so I really keep them small and not too often either. I loved the Honeymoons and every thing in Sims 2 - but tend to not make it much of a big deal in Sims 3 or 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited February 2019
    @Writin_Reg I do miss the honeymoon feature from TS2. Loved going to the tropical island.

@emere That's a beautiful lot! Thanks for sharing.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • belle10belle10 Posts: 11 New Member
    My Sims tend to propose in random places. I think the last couple that got engaged in my game did so in one of the parking lots in Oasis Springs (the ones near that strip of commercial lots). They were having brunch at a restaurant nearby and I had one propose to the other as they were leaving.
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    I have proposals set to autonomous, so my sims end up proposing pretty much anywhere as long as they are in a flirty mood. Still, when I'm in control of events, my favorite romantic spot is the lighthouse in Brindleton Bay.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I feel kind of silly now. I never even thought to take my Sims on a honeymoon. Even if it's not listed as such, there's nothing stopping my Sims from going on a vacation right after they get married.

As for proposals, it really depends on how attached I am to the couple. If it's one I really care about, I'll set everything up in a nice location. If it's more a matter of, "Okay, older sibling is getting married and moving out now!" I'll just go with wherever.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • KathesaurKathesaur Posts: 58 Member
    It depends on the sim and their personality for me. For example, the last sim I had propose is a very private person, so for me it made sense to have him propose at home after returning from a date. If my sim has a more outgoing personality, then I take them somewhere nice for the occasion. :)
    @belle10 I've had several sims get engaged outside the Sunny Side up Diner after breakfast and a late night at the club. Even had a couple sims get married on the street in San Myshuno!

@Teslachick2 Somehow I hadn't thought of using the lighthouse in Brindleton Bay. Excellent location for a proposal.

@katrinasforest Don't feel silly, I've only had one couple I think go on any type of honeymoon. I suppose that would be/will be different when there's more vacation destinations to visit.

@Kathesaur I've had many sims propose at home; probably the majority of my sims proposals go that way.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I have had Sims propose in both a planned romantic setting as well as in the spur of the moment. But that was way back when. My main couple has been married for a long time now, but I enjoy having them renew their vows at the Romance Festival in San Myshuno every now and then :)

Places where I have had Sims propose in a more planned manner include the upper part of the park in San Myshuno, The Bluffs in Windenburg, the Romance Festival, and various other parks.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Haha I actually haven't planned any proposals, ever. It's the weddings I care about...even then that depends. Kind of funny because I'm the opposite irl. I did just have a wedding in front of the gate in Windenberg that takes you to the really big garden, I forget what it's called. It was really beautiful and the sun was setting. ♥️
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    My last sim proposal was with two sims who loved to sing karaoke together. He sang her a serenade and then proposed. It was adorable.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited February 2019
    @Corenren Aw, that is so cute! It's neat when proposals can be personal like that.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'm more a "wherever they are" kind of person. 4 am in the bathroom? Sure! Out on a nice hike in OR? Yup! All over the place lol.

Same. Sadly, my sims seem to propose in the bathroom an awful lot :P
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I like to do it home, in lounges, or in parks. My unflirty or loner sims generally propose/are proposed to at home. The most recent proposal was on a "vacation" to Oasis Springs. I don't really think about all that much though, it's weddings and honeymoons I worry about.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    For me, it depends on my Sims personalities and how I see them. I had Orange Bailey-Moon propose to his teen sweetheart (my Gen 5 heir, Luna Forrester) at the top of the lighthouse.

rO5Xa4H.png
    6on594o.png

I wanted something a bit romantic for these two, as their personalities are both over the top.

But with my Gen 6 heir Bexley (Luna's daughter) she grew up with two parents in the spotlight. Bexley is opposite of her mother and very low key and kind of chill. Her boyfriend, Emil, is like her...just super chill. I haven't had him propose yet, but I dont see it being romantic or extravagant. I think they both would prefer to elope.

In general, I love weddings and I love proposals in the game. But I really strive to stick to my Sims character. Once I have an idea of what I want to do, then I'm on the hunt for the perfect venue, the perfect dress/hair for the bride. I think weddings are my favorite things to do in the game.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I saw an old thread that's been necro'd, but I still wanted to talk about Sims' proposals, so I thought I'd start a new thread. Do you take your sims to certain locales to get beautiful pictures? Or are most of your proposals in their underwear in the middle of the night? (mine are, lol). Pics and stories welcome!

Here's some shots of one of my most recent sim's proposals:
    AGbs7E9.pngoSl6MFN.pngClara and Kayaan met at the homeless shelter where Clara's daughter had been staying. She'd run away from home to get away from her tyrannical father. Eventually Clara worked up the nerve to divorce her husband Mario. She got married immediately after that to another sim, Krishna. That marriage lasted about a week, during which time Rebeka convinced her mother to let Kayaan come live with them. He was a homeless veteran who'd helped keep Clara's daughter safe while she couldn't, so it was the least they could do. Turned out there was chemistry between Clara and Kayaan. It turned out all right for Krishna because he realized he was gay when he met Caleb Vatore who he's now happily married to.

Either around waterfalls,the gazebo in front of the ocean in Brendleton Bay,The light house in BB or in front of the waterfall in Windenburg at the haunted estate.
  • usually wherever they are, I’ve only taken them out a handful of times. once or twice it’s been a shotgun proposal at the romance festival after only meeting the other sim there lol.

I don’t actually do the wedding event that often though, either just elope or buy just the wedding arch and get married in the backyard. If I do want to do the wedding ceremony I have it in the park in San Myshuno since it’s all set up already.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited February 2019
    It really all depends on the story I'm playing.
    Embarrassingly, it has happened way too often that I have created a household in CAS and forgot to make the parents a couple... So then I have to speed-date them into a married couple. There's usually never even a proper wedding then, they only "elope immediately" to get the formalities over with. :D

One of my favourite proposals was in a park I had built, using the Romantic Garden pack.
    33248757124_2295045a13_b.jpg
    33960967161_97ae2f60b7_b.jpg

I also had one legacy couple propose on a festival evening in Spice Market, just after he had ordered some food.
    32195003714_e0d56ea642_b.jpg
    32998741966_fbf136c935_b.jpg