Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could we have some cold weather clothes for pets?

There are "sweater" looking type options for them, but none of them actually keep our pets warm! With seasons, I would really appreciate having a cold weather outfit for my pets, so my dogs won't be freezing when they go for a walk in winter, lmao, and my prowler cats can still comfortably get out of the house when it's cold. Everyone else gets to bundle up but our poor pets are left naked and cold! Give me some pet sweaters that actually keep them comfortable!

Comments

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited February 2019
    This is a great idea. I also wish raincoats would keep them dry and clean too for walking the dog when it's wet and muddy. I'm about to my real life Scottie in his coat now so we can brave the elements.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    From my experience as a cat owner, my cat has shorter fur for summer and longer fur for winter. During the spring or autumn/fall, my cat sheds her fur. I have also noticed that for dogs.
    So maybe there should be some (or a lot of) fur piles during the spring or fall. I'm not against to pet clothing, but not all people dress their pets up.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I agree. I'm disappointed that Seasons didn't add raincoats and more sweaters for pets if you owned CD.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I agree. I'm disappointed that Seasons didn't add raincoats and more sweaters for pets if you owned CD.

Agreed. I think they would never do new pet outfits in a pack because of MFPS.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Warm sweater and rain gear for pets would be so appreciated
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'd hate that if it was forced I have not dressed up a real or Sim pet in my life I just think its weird. Would not mind it optional for those that wanted that but since we're talking about Sims 4 options are not a thing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'd hate that if it was forced I have not dressed up a real or Sim pet in my life I just think its weird. Would not mind it optional for those that wanted that but since we're talking about Sims 4 options are not a thing.

You obviously don't live in a cold weather region with a short coated dog like a Schnauzer. You have to get them in a sweater or some other type of wrap for their core because if they need to go outside they freeze their little hind ends off.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

I think my issue is that pets already are cold all the time in the game, but there's no way to stop them being uncomfortable other than bring them inside, which makes it pretty rough for dogs that like to be walked or prowler type cats and such. I'd be fine if weather just didn't affect pets at all tbh, but since that's not the case I really wish there was something we could functionally do about it.
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    My dogs all stay inside during winter & it doesn't get very cold here so I've never put clothes on them. However, it would be cool to have that as an option. Would be cool if they added horses and allowed us to give them livery and armor.

Ooh, armor for pets would be cool too!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2019
    Maybe we could get free cold weather pet clothing in the Holiday Celebration pack for the holiday season in 2019?
    a256aFi.gif