Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone else's build mode reaallyyyy slow?

It's taken me an hour to delete 50 items in my family inventory and the build mode is really slow and so glitchy

Comments

• RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    What lot are you on? How cluttered is said lot? How many pre-made Sims are in your world/s? How many saves do you in your files? How many DLCs are you playing with? My build mode is average speed (for me personally, the slowest part of the game is loading into from the start screen to the menu screen, and the original choosing the household to starting playing when you first load the game at any point).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I try not to let the household’s or my sims inventory get too full otherwise it lags really bad
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Only haveike 10 items in it because when I moved my sims I wanted to bring the upgraded stuff I had done with me so I didn't have to do it again then got all this random stuff in the inventory lol
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I try not to let the household’s or my sims inventory get too full otherwise it lags really bad

I wonder if this is what happened to my PS4 game. It got slow to the point of being almost unplayable. Load times got insane. I eventually started a PC game and that's mostly what I play now, but I can't help wondering if the PS4 game would still be good if I cleared stuff out a bit.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Switching from Live Mode to BB Mode has always been sluggish for me on PS4. I just assumed it was something due to being on console.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Build mode does seems a little slow/unresponsive at times.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    No, the game is laggy these times.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    The only time I get lag is in build mode and it's so annoying when trying to build
  • Paigec945Paigec945 Posts: 79 Member
    on the 65 x 65 lot in Brindleton Bay, i put up a prefab community house. well that was a mistake because as soon as it loaded the house, EVERYTHING in build mode went slow. the house is still in the game as of right now, but i won't go into the lot itself otherwise it takes a million years to edit anything. the house i used was an estate, 3 floors. way too big for just one tiny sim but alas im crazy and like the biggest, most glamorous houses. it slapped reality back into me when i spent over 3 hours edit one room of the estate. keep in mind everything you add into a lot, takes up space. and frame rate. it will take longer and longer to for instance, turn a fence into a wall, because there's too many things within one small area. i simply found a new property to build on and i havent had any lag since. just don't open the lot or it'll take forever to get out.