February 15 - Friday Highlight is here, waiting for you to check it out!
How do we choose our Maxis Faves? - Our curation guide got a revamp! If you want to get an insight on how Maxis Faves are curated, check it out!

Playable ghosts in household?

Hi folks,

So, I'm thinking of doing a Bachelor challenge with a supernatural twist in Sims 2, and I'm wondering if it's possible to have a ghost as a normal household member who interacts with others?

I realise I may need to create a Sim and then kill them off to do this, but is a ghost even permitted as a household member? If so, how do I go about it? Are there any restrictions play-wise?

Thanks!

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 2,611 Member
    No, you can't. Ghosts cannot become members of the household. If you want to have that sim playable again, you'll have to resurrect them.

I have used testingcheats to make a ghost selectable. They have one interaction: Haunt. If you cancel that, they'll go back into their grave.
    So you'll have to use mods. I unfortunately don't know any, but I hope someone else knows.
    You can never discover The Sims games 100%. Even when you think you know everything, the game manages to surprise you.
    That's why I do experiments in the game from time to time and tutorial videos on YouTube.