February 15 - Friday Highlight is here, waiting for you to check it out!
How do we choose our Maxis Faves? - Our curation guide got a revamp! If you want to get an insight on how Maxis Faves are curated, check it out!

Can't Check Notifications, bookmark, use reactions or edit my own posts

2...Next

Comments

  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 272 EA Community Manager
    edited January 31
    Hi everyone,

    If you are having this issue, could you please check if you have Javascript disabled in your browser?

    How to do this in Chrome:
    1. At the top right, click yqs5nd850mu1.png and then Settings.
    2. At the bottom, click Advanced.
    3. Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
    4. Click JavaScript.
    5. Turn on Allowed (recommended).

    Click for instructions for Firefox .

    Let me know how that goes :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Javascript is already allowed in content settings on my computer.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Why did you change the title of my thread? I never said I couldn't check my bookmarks, that icon works fine for me when I click on it. Actually all of them work at the top right for me, except notifications.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 272 EA Community Manager
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Javascript is already allowed in content settings on my computer.
    Thanks for checking @Karababy52.
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Why did you change the title of my thread? I never said I couldn't check my bookmarks, that icon works fine for me when I click on it. Actually all of them work at the top right for me, except notifications.
    I changed it to include all symptoms of this issue so everyone can see there's already a thread for them from the category view.
    If you click in the little star icon in the top right corner of the thread or from the category view to bookmark a certain discussion, does it work for you? If it does, please, let me know because that would mean that issue is unrelated to the other.

    Thanks!
    -Mai
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 1,912 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Javascript is already allowed in content settings on my computer.
    Thanks for checking @Karababy52.
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Why did you change the title of my thread? I never said I couldn't check my bookmarks, that icon works fine for me when I click on it. Actually all of them work at the top right for me, except notifications.
    I changed it to include all symptoms of this issue so everyone can see there's already a thread for them from the category view.
    If you click in the little star icon in the top right corner of the thread or from the category view to bookmark a certain discussion, does it work for you? If it does, please, let me know because that would mean that issue is unrelated to the other.

    Thanks!
    -Mai

    Okay, I understand. I can see my bookmarks for threads I've already bookmarked by clicking on the star in the top right row next to my profile image. But, if I try to bookmark a new thread, for instance this one, by clicking the star at the top of the thread, no, I just get sent to the same message about permission problem with javascript.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 621 Member
    @EA_Mai I've got Windows 10 on PC and I'm using Chrome as well. I just checked to see if Java Script is enabled, because that is the message I keep getting, and Chrome says it is allowed. I receive the same error if I use the mobile web version of Chrome as well.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 621 Member
    For informational purposes @EA_Mai, I just tried liking one of the comments in this thread using Microsoft Edge and I still got the 'Permission Problem' error.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 29,553 Member
    edited January 31
    I had this problem yesterday, not checked today, yet. What happened was when I tried to check my page for any comments to me there, or my notifications I was taken to my Account and the only thing I could do was edit my account. I could not log out, either. The log out option was no longer under the gear and was directly taken to my account. I use IE 11 to sign in here. I don't have Java installed as I have never needed it before. I also could not like a post or reply it would say I didn't have permission and needed to enable Java, I don't have Java and don't need it usually.

    ETA: Checked my notificatons today, and can get to those without enabling any Java. :D
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    TS4 without Terrian Tools is like Windows 8 or 10 without the Start Menu.


  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 621 Member
    I too am able to access notifications now and like things as well.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 272 EA Community Manager
    Glad to hear that. :smiley:

    Is anyone still having issues now?
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited February 1
    I just logged back in from earlier this morning and almost everything that I was having a problem with seems to be fixed! Still don't get a list of suggestions when trying to @ others in a comment, but I can deal with that. Thank you so much @EA_Mai! :)

    Update: The tagging feature is now working for me. Thanks again!
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 272 EA Community Manager
    Thanks for confirming! :)
2...Next
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top