Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Maintenance - January 30th, 2019

2...Next

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    YAY! The site is back up and working properly for me... :) Thank you to the EA maintenance people for getting it back up... :smiley:
  • silverwood02silverwood02 Posts: 73 Member
    I am in the UK, games works ok, but the store just shows a 404 error.
    Anyone else had similar issues today - 1st Feb?
  • Zapix_Zapix_ Posts: 10 New Member
    > @EA_Mai said:
    > Zapix_ wrote: »
    >
    > Unfortunately, with autonomous enabled, EA support sims are busy doing other things it seems. If only they were clickable to make them repair this!
    >
    >
    >
    > I wonder if you were referring to me because I looked up and didn't see any plumbobs :smiley:. In any case, you wouldn't want me performing this task, my handiness skill is nowhere near high enough.

I think you've just earned some celebrity points though and gained influence with the nerds! B) Hopefully that results in some lifetime happiness! ;)
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2019
    Maintenance is over. Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the inconvenience.

If you are still seeing any strange behaviour on the website, please follow these steps to clear some old data on your computer:

1.- Flush your DNS cache.
    You can find instructions on how to do so here (scroll down until you see the Flush DNS section, and perform the steps only in that section).

2.- Clear your browser cache and cookies
    This is done differently depending on your browser. If you are not sure how to do this, let us know which browser you are using or search on your browser's support website for information.

If after doing this you are still having any issues, please, let us know.

Thanks!
    -Mai

________
    Zapix_ wrote: »
    I think you've just earned some celebrity points though and gained influence with the nerds! B) Hopefully that results in some lifetime happiness! ;)
    Niiice @Zapix_ - I need as many lifetime happiness points as I can gather for this!
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • AntoinePlayGameMoreAntoinePlayGameMore Posts: 2 New Member
    Hopefully the maintenance will help alot
    Still got the same 404 message.
    Only when I try to access the items from the store, in origin its ok. For example the moves stuff.
    Good morning,
    Well its now over 12 hours and I still get this 404 message.
    As I say, on origin the store is fine, but if I try to click anything on the sims store page, that is when I still get the 404 message.
    Any other ideas on how to deal?
    I have just tried to access the store with IE instead of chrome, but still get the 404 message.
    IS anyone else having the same issue? Could someone else check!! If so, I promise to send a gift!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    I have just tried to access the store with IE instead of chrome, but still get the 404 message.
    IS anyone else having the same issue? Could someone else check!! If so, I promise to send a gift!

@silverwood02, I have IE as well but I'm not having that issue with the store site. Hopefully someone else will come on and say if they do or they don't.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    No gifts required, but I'm not having any trouble with the store pages on Firefox ever since @EA_Mai 's most recent announcement.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    > @EA_Mai said:
    > Maintenance is over. Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the inconvenience.
    >
    >
    > If you are still seeing any strange behaviour on the website, please follow these steps to clear some old data on your computer:
    >
    > 1.- Flush your DNS cache.
    > You can find instructions on how to do so here (scroll down until you see the Flush DNS section, and perform the steps only in that section).
    >
    > 2.- Clear your browser cache and cookies
    > This is done differently depending on your browser. If you are not sure how to do this, let us know which browser you are using or search on your browser's support website for information.
    >
    >
    > If after doing this you are still having any issues, please, let us know.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > -Mai
    >
    >
    > ________
    > Zapix_ wrote: »
    >
    > I think you've just earned some celebrity points though and gained influence with the nerds! B) Hopefully that results in some lifetime happiness! ;)
    >
    >
    >
    > Niiice @Zapix_ - I need as many lifetime happiness points as I can gather for this!

OK, you asked if there were still issues after doing all this, well I am am still unable to access some store items. I have followed your instructions and also tried with IE as well as Chrome (my browser) and still have issues.
    In the store if I click on games and either stuff or expansion packs I get the 404 error message. It all worked fine last week. Downloads from the exchange work fine.
    I have tried several times and still can't access the store. I have w7 if that makes a difference.
    Any other ideas?
    Keith
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi @silverwood02 sorry for the wait there, and thanks for the info!
    In the store if I click on games and either stuff or expansion packs I get the 404 error message. It all worked fine last week. Downloads from the exchange work fine.
    You mean these links, right?:
    jj0hvh7s7tdr.png

If so, you can alternatively use the Origin Store to find information or purchase these games while we look into this: https://www.origin.com/store/browse?fq=gameName:the-sims-3

Thanks again!
    Yes it is those links. Origin does not have the 'stuff items', though. Other downloads worked ok - the exchange items.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @EA_Mai -I've had the site acting wonky when I was last here and it was worse a few days ago when my internet was also acting up.I'm using a 64 bit Firefox v56 on Windows 7 and it's the newest stable version for my system.It's better now since it's a slow time here and most are offline in our area.I tried coming in here earlier and the site was so slow loading that I bailed out before I was finisged here.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    OK tried again, it is still the same, however you can access the worlds section now. So it seems like the links for the extra stuff/ expansions are broken. I have tried in IE as well.
    edited February 2019
    OK tried again, it is still the same, however you can access the worlds section now. So it seems like the links for the extra stuff/ expansions are broken. I have tried in IE as well.
    Trying to follow this, but there wouldn't be much to see on the EP/SP links within the TS3 Store. The store does not sell EPs and SPs like it used to because it can no longer handle cash (credit card) transactions as it once could. The EP/SP links were probably meant to lead into Origin rather than an error but that particular error has been there on those for me for a very long time now. The packs can be purchased using the Origin client program or the Origin.com website, but not through the TS3 Store.

Not sure why you wouldn't be seeing Stuff Packs in particular on Origin, that's where they are supposed to be.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    The movies stuff is not on origin. It is only on the store page.
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hi, ever since the maintenance I've been unsuccessful with my searches on the exchange. For example, if I'm searching for a lot, I put a keyword, select the lot type, sort it by downloads and all time then the first page seems fine, the problem is if I click on the second page the parameters go back to the start (there's no keyword, type of lot is any and results are sort by date and today).
    If I want to go to the second page without losing my parameters I have to put this in the link: &position=40&index=2& and go up from there for every page :confused:
    I did clear my cookies and caches and I use Firefox but I tested this in Chrome and with my phone as well, I have the issue in all of them.

And just as I'm about to finish typing this I've found this thread, so I'm not the only one :bawling:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
    edited February 2019
    The store doesn't sell Movie Stuff though because it is a Stuff Pack and requires a cash/credit card transaction (it can't be purchased with points). Only Origin does, and other authorized retailers.

I don't have an Origin client program install handy, but I can see Movie Stuff for sale on the Origin.com website among the others. Odd that it's not showing up for you.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    igazor wrote: »
    The store doesn't sell Movie Stuff though because it is a Stuff Pack and requires a cash/credit card transaction (it can't be purchased with points). Only Origin does, and other authorized retailers.

I don't have an Origin client program install handy, but I can see Movie Stuff for sale on the Origin.com website among the others. Odd that it's not showing up for you.

Yep you are right! I am being a bit dense, I can now see the items on origin!
    Thanks for the advice.
  • simon678tzsimon678tz Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello
    We have a Problem with the Exchange.
    On the page, the Exchange-Object, if you click on it, you'd shown after a few seconds an error-message, and in the link is a ":8000".
    Cann you please that delete? I and a lot of others Recommended the Objects (I recommended the Things, while i delete the "(:)8000") in a troubly way or we go to the Exchange.
    Thanks!!!
  • pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    Since the site was under maintenance, I was hoping the free simpoints were finally being fixed :/ I suppose it will never return then?