Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Maintenance - January 30th, 2019

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Simmers, on Wednesday, 30th January 2019 starting at 12 noon Pacific we will be carrying out maintenance on The Sims 3 servers.

During the maintenance www.thesims3.com, The Exchange, My Page, and The Sims 3 Store will be unavailable while The Sims 3 will remain playable offline.

We will let you know here once the maintenance is completed. Thank you for your patience.

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited January 2019
    I tried looking for other topics, but don't see anyone saying anything.
    This page isn’t working www.thesims3.com redirected you too many times.
    Try clearing your cookies.
    ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Is what I'm getting and I tried different browsers and clearing my cache.
    Edit: Still wonky as heck for me.:/
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
    edited January 2019
    lisasc360 wrote: »

I couldn't find that thread.I was looking in technical issues - store and didn't see it.Where was that thread? XD

Edit: No wonder I didn't see it, I was in the wrong section.
    I thought it was my computer.Its been giving me troubles lately.
    Ugh, hope that doesn't mean they're getting ready to say goodbye to it.
    I need my studio lol.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
  • DootLikeASkeletonDootLikeASkeleton Posts: 506 Member
    I was freaked our because I was trying to download the CAW tool. It ended up in me almost throwing the keyboard. I was about to post on the help area, but then I saw the maintenance thing and I felt so stupid. :(
    You're supposed to look at the post, weirdo silly!
    Also, I have logged into the site before but it wants me to sign up again? And it won't even let me finish. I tried making a new account, but that didn't work either.
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited January 2019
    Today I can't download any item form store it said there's an error while download please check the log. The log said manifest server error and it hasn't any problem in yesterday. I also can't login in game it said my email or password invalid but I can confirm it's true and I can login the store
    I thought at first that my computer was virused...
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    I now have zero access to thesims3.com and zero access to my TS3 mypage. Is our region still down for maintenance?
  • Zapix_Zapix_ Posts: 10 New Member
    Unfortunately, with autonomous enabled, EA support sims are busy doing other things it seems. If only they were clickable to make them repair this!
    edited January 2019
    Zapix_ wrote: »
    Unfortunately, with autonomous enabled, EA support sims are busy doing other things it seems. If only they were clickable to make them repair this!

They're talking about maintenance to the website, not to the game.And the people who do the maintenance are actual people not sims.=)

Edit: I don't remember commenting on this thread a MOD must have moved my topic.
    Still having issues. Location: Creston IA, USA. Is my region (Midwest, I assume) up running yet?
    Can you guys try to work just a bit faster? I really want to get the CAW tool and I can't.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    It happenned many times in the past. TS3 and TS4 share the same server and it's a TS4 patchday today.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    > @Springfairy556 said:
    > They're talking about maintenance to the website, not to the game.And the people who do the maintenance are actual people not sims.=)

... So was I, as I've been unable to access the daily deals, and it's about to start messing me up if it doesn't come back soon.
    oh, speaking of which, it looks like it's up and working now. ^^
    edited February 2019
    @EA_Mai, the site is back up for me but it is quite wonky.

The pages look like this for me:
    a5GJPghl.png

Edit to say that this is the way it looked last night as well after the site maintenance until the site went back down again today.
    > @Springfairy556 said:
    > They're talking about maintenance to the website, not to the game.And the people who do the maintenance are actual people not sims.=)

... So was I, as I've been unable to access the daily deals, and it's about to start messing me up if it doesn't come back soon.

Sorry.In your original post you said "EA Sims" and "If only they were clickable" So I assumed you were talking about in-game sims, as real life people aren't clickable XD(would be kind of funny if they were though, I'd force them to come fix it.)
    > @Springfairy556 said:
    > Sorry.In your original post you said "EA Sims" and "If only they were clickable" So I assumed you were talking about in-game sims, as real life people aren't clickable XD(would be kind of funny if they were though, I'd force them to come fix it.)

lol, that was kind of the point! They're autonomous and not clickable, so we had no control over the situation! ^^
    And who knows who EA hires, they could be SimBots and the store going down for hours was part of their evil plan!
    taking me literally can disastrous! :)

i'm just glad the DDs are back up!
    I'd like to say that my login is STILL broken. I'll be on the EA help forums as LostInTheWind101 if you need me.
  • ShadowewolfeShadowewolfe Posts: 1 New Member
    The Sims 3 Store pages are up, but not the My Page, My Studio, My Friends, etc. I can't see or upload anything to the exchange either.
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    Hello,
    the images on the sims 3 store are not displaying properly. :(
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    The work related to The Sims 3 servers hasn't finished yet. Please, don't worry, the weirdness you are seeing is to be expected.

Clearing your browser cache and cookies may help with some of those symptoms you describe. However, please, don't be surprised if you still see the website, The Exchange, My Page, and/or The Sims 3 Store being unavailable or behaving strangely at times.

We will let you know once maintenance is over and things should be back to normal.

I wonder if you were referring to me because I looked up and didn't see any plumbobs :smiley:. In any case, you wouldn't want me performing this task, my handiness skill is nowhere near high enough.
    Thank you @EA_Mai for responding back to this issue. At least I know that I'm not going crazy and worrying about if this is the end of the site for us TS3 players... :)