Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which type of sim player are you?

hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
There are types of simmers so which one are you? (Borrowed this list off a Google search) :)

Also if you are more than one (which most will be) select the poll option you relate to the most, and feel free to comment the different ones you are

Differrent types:
  • Builder: replace all items in the world with player's own creations
  • Colonist: replace all sims currently prepopulated in the world with their own creations
  • Completionist/Challenger: completes all game "goals" such as careers & aspirations. Also/or enjoys doing sim challenges.
  • Deviant: performs interactions just to see what may happen and / or creates a bit of chaos in their sim world
  • Laid-back: does not take the game seriously, plays for leisure and enjoys using cheats / cc depending upon the necessary purpose
  • Legacy / Family Player: creates an extensive family tree using only one sim
  • Role-player: takes on a personal role through their sims lives
  • Rotational: rotates from household, to household
  • Storyteller: performs actions in-game to create a story of which is written / depicted later
  • Woohoo hound / partyer: enjoys woohooing, enough said :)

2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Which type of sim player are you? 360 votes

Builder
6%
ehaught58JalidaKementariLizzychicagoHallgerdkeenowLustianiciaKasanthFlexono1phantasmkissdctf344Lemon405Internal_ChaosCeridwenitskatylynnMDianaSimsJojoMOMSTERSAEldarinCharlotta11SimsFinest1 24 votes
Colonist
3%
djacquelynstewkippy300SimburianladybreidTayBabyjupkmnGemSixxHarukotyanLiELFMoonSimCheetahAlyssaAmuni50 12 votes
Completionist/Challenger
9%
mcruddJensenJunkiesimgirl1010SimpkinJeansooPegasysCary1213JENI2810A_Momfrogkiss1LissyK9Majski0becks1112groovyloopylou4oh4errorOnverserfischbauer9sarahuk12metalfenix_RafKarababy52 35 votes
Deviant
1%
IceyJBagoas77Jennyggadele_katKriticalKlowncomicsforlife 6 votes
Laid-back
14%
tams2578Kita5399AlexaiAddisAdapandabioticjoelygirlsims2BloosmooMeteoraStormStrangerthanKartaiDarkSlayer1331Vulorihunniboo1davina1221smurf45bluecheetosash15pegasusventricefloridameerkatBatmanFanGirlToddly13 53 votes
Legacy / Family Player
24%
OneAdorkableGirlLilZairaGraceIcewolftinahjalmarjeepjeepcatalexspoom13aprilroseZeristoryyBreeNillaStormkeepMi9shaoscarTony89PuddinroyNihmoWillowG145IrdiweninvisiblgirlMariefoxprice83friendlysimmers 89 votes
Role-player
6%
SikoahGraceElyssandarielCorkysPetalselanorbretonAnmirlaMagdaleenaSarahTheRedAquariusMomRosybearSummerStreakAngelEb95SekrilArchieonicDominicLaurenceCorenrenjswizzleAshtontoAshton22Evilyn_1007Madachan88ThePocketWeasel 24 votes
Rotational
19%
bshag4lvicmnfrshJaiSeaxbecky685xUnDutchablerudolphaJueJueAyradyssAprilDawnPlayerSinger2010SimpatsyannjuliekayeWritin_RegTheSpotted_CIsb917sennawaleskeekee53kerryemmiebethluthienrisingslamonda 71 votes
Storyteller
11%
GalacticGalmercuryfoamjimbbqMissSassyalejandro15039Denimg8SjofnsekojranaemorrillPersefona711mlmeadowstaydevBabykittyjadeitsmegamoTrashmagicannaliese39catitude5LyrieluxsylvanSo_Money 40 votes
Woohoo hound / partyer
1%
Colorist40ItsJanierDiNozzoLiefStylish_SimmerDemicompton1 6 votes

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    I’m something of a completionist/challenger, family player and storyteller. Possibly also a bit of a sporadic/part-time Simmer as I do tend to go away from the game for periods of time and then come back to start all over at the beginning again.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Both rotational and Storyteller
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited January 2019
    Completionist/Challenger
    Completionist, definitely! But I'm also a family player and occasionally a deviant player - though I find S2 better for deviant play currently.

Oh yes, forgot to mention - definitely rotational as well!
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Role-player
    I'd say storyteller/laid-back/roleplayer. Wish there was an Other option lol.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Laid-back

I knowwww I am so sorry. They limit the poll options to only 10 LOL
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Role-player
    hunniboo1 wrote: »

I knowwww I am so sorry. They limit the poll options to only 10 LOL

Oh, that's ok. I picked the one I enjoy the most, which is Roleplayer.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I do family play. And Rotational. Although I dont like large families. And I like to have lesbian and gay couples, so not traditional families either! <3 Modern families.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I'm a little bit of everything, it depends on my mood.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Laid-back
    Wasn't too sure which to pick, but this was the closest one. Usually, I start a new game every time something new comes out. Or sometimes, I decide to use a certain sim and go from there. I usually start with either a male or female and see who they come across. If I'm not happy, I make a sim to meet and put them in another house, but that doesn't happen much. I love Mayor Whiskers and decided to do a cat lady until I figured out that cats count in the household, so she was a limited cat lady. Sometimes, I love to be an adoptee. It is real fun sometimes. I remember once, I played a woman who adopted kids and there just seemed to be some really cute kids in there. The child ones are really pretty. There were around four that I really liked, so I was just adopting as fast as I could. Sometimes, you also come across some neat pets that way too.

I am a different player in Sims4 than in Sims3. I use to play full households and micro manage them all easily in Sims3. I mostly family played except with University. In Sims4, family play makes me mad. I tried the other day. My sim would stop all cues to do what the toddler wanted which was to get out of that horrible high chair. I hate the Sims4 highchair. I don't like my sims or other sims stopping what they are doing to cater to a toddler when I have all autonomy off. Toddlers should be able to do nothing with autonomy off except if hunger reaches a certain level. I want my sims to follow my cues completely like they did in Sims3.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited January 2019
    Storyteller
    I’m something of a hybrid Storyteller/Roleplayer/Colonist, I guess. Definitely not a Deviant, Rotational, or Completionist/Challenger.
  • xXSims4lifeNForevXxxXSims4lifeNForevXx Posts: 12 New Member
    > @LoriTSp said:
    > I'm a little bit of everything, it depends on my mood.

Same, but I always seem to give up when I try something. I always gave up on challenges cause It's taking too much time and I don't have any imagination or creation skills.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    How about a little of all of it?
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Builder
    Builder all day!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Colonist
    I'm a laid-back, rotational colonist who rebuilds all of the lots with other Simmers' builds from the gallery. :p

I usually refer to myself as a "Population Player" because I don't have a rotational system, I just jump between households on a whim and play them whenever I like, while I continue to create and add Sims to the worlds as I get ideas.

I love creating Sims. <3
    #Team Occult
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I do a ton of work on my legacy save but I do building too.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    Rotational/family player with a bit of colonist
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    Storyteller
    I'm definitely a storyteller, but also a rotational legacy player with a bit of completionist. I like building too, but I'm too lazy to replace every single EA-build :D
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    Role-player
    I'm a mix of most of them, but I picked the one I probably do the most.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited January 2019
    Rotational
    I think you did fine job with the poll options and also explaining them. Although I do many things I feel like I mostly fit in the rotational player category, because I find that's what really makes the game enjoyable for me. I also like building, role-playing and storytelling with a bit of deviance :)
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I sometimes start a new save to experiment, or because I'm inspired by a story or building idea, but about 90% of my time is spent on my legacy family. I never played that way in previous Sims games - I rarely got beyond the second generation before I wanted to try something different.

Sims 4 just allows so many more options for continuing the next generation. I can have my kid meet another kid at school and gradually build a relationship, move the friend into the house when they grow up and have them marry, or I can create a new Sim in CAS for that purpose. Or, I can create a new Sim in CAS and mix their genetics to create a toddler. And I love, love, love the option for two women to have a baby together.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • HelenaKapselHelenaKapsel Posts: 18 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I always start families and go for several generations with them. But recently I started to build more as well. Even though I do some of the other stuff I always find myself going back to family play.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited January 2019
    Colonist
    Thinking that this should rather be a "click all of which apply to you" 1 to 10 type survey. I like building and making families mainly but can do a bit of all the above. :)

Just edited to choose "Colonist" if I can add that I put them in my own houses as well as a close second!
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • MiupplayMiupplay Posts: 24 Member
    Builder
    I would mostly consider myself a builder, but I have one family that I still play with that I started when I bought the game in 2016. 😁
  • OldGeekWomanOldGeekWoman Posts: 21 Member
    Completionist/Challenger
    I started as a Completionist but after a while (and many saves) I got bored so trying out Legacies and being a Storyteller, so far I'm enjoying the game more
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Rotational
    I’m mostly a rotational/storyteller player. My stories are most often dictated by things that just happen in game, or feelings I get based on sim behavior I observe. Sometimes I make plans, but most often they don’t bear fruit because my sims have their own ideas in mind. I just enjoy getting invested in each character’s life and seeing them go through stuff but ending up happy; makes me feel they’ve earned it.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.