Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventures: Do Marked For Death Relics Kill Sims?

My Sim has the marked for death relic and she activated it on a Sim and she got purple splotches on her face and started belching and that's it. I got the notification that she was marked for death but a Sim week later she was still alive. I used another marked for death relic on a Sim & it caused him to get electrocuted every so often but again, nothing. So do these relics actually kill Sims or are they just named marked for death? Has anyone used one and it did kill a Sim?

Comments

• Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    That sounds like a bug. You'd think a relic with such a name would be killing off sims.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    a few things to remember on these marked for death relics...

one, the moodlets they give are long-duration. 2+ days for electrocution, possibly up to a week for poison (dunno about fire) and the moodlets only tick down their duration on an unplayed sim while they are on an active lot, so it can take a long, long while for the sim to finally reach the end of their timer and finally potentially die

and

two, fire may be the only one of the three for a guaranteed kill (it's the only one i haven't actually tested out fairly extensively while playing around with my relics). i had used the electrocution one on one of my own sims (a vampire, not that i think that matters) and he got zapped every few hours while i was playing him, but the next jolt always came after the dazed effect from the previous one wore off and a sim won't die from electrocution unless they're electrocuted while they have the dazed effect from a previous electrocution still active. the vampire eventually finished the timer on his moodlet, it went away, nothing else happened to him. mind you, i did have another sim i was testing that around on die to it, so yes it can happen, it's just not a guarantee

and the poison one is even more complicated. poison death is what i studied the longest when the pack came out and it honestly seems the least likely to kill a sim, while also being the slowest, if it does work. when a sim is first poisoned, the moodlet lasts 3 days, gives them the spots and such. at the end of those 3 days they have a 50% chance to shake it off and get better on their own. if they don't shake it off, it's another 3 days of a slightly stronger moodlet that again ends with a 50% chance to shake it off. once again, if they fail their 'save' (if you will), they'll stay poisoned with an even stronger moodlet, this one lasting 8 hours instead of 3 days. at the end of those 8 hours, the sim will then die. so you've got nearly a week of active time (either played or on an active lot at the same time as a played sim) for a sim to die of poison and only if they fail a 50% recovery chance twice along the way...