Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin and EA Help seem to be down and I can't start my game

I tried to start my game but instead of the launcher coming up, I get Origin saying that "online login is currently unavailable." So I thought, we'll I'll contact EA Help and see if they can fix it so that I can play. No such luck! They appear to be down too!

Any ideas (other than buying the game/EPs again through Steam) on how I can get the game going?

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    We're all having trouble getting into Origin and Answers HQ right now. The Anthem demo opened a few hours ago, and people are having trouble accessing it, so they're swamping other EA platforms.

In the meantime, can you take your computer completely offline and then try logging into Origin? Your account info should be stored on your computer, unless you've recently cleared Origin's cache. When you attempt to login while you don't have an internet connection, Origin is supposed to automatically put itself into offline mode and then use its stored data to validate your account credentials.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @KatAnubis Try again, I was also unable to login but it's good now.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    We're all having trouble getting into Origin and Answers HQ right now. The Anthem demo opened a few hours ago, and people are having trouble accessing it, so they're swamping other EA platforms.

In the meantime, can you take your computer completely offline and then try logging into Origin? Your account info should be stored on your computer, unless you've recently cleared Origin's cache. When you attempt to login while you don't have an internet connection, Origin is supposed to automatically put itself into offline mode and then use its stored data to validate your account credentials.

Thank you for that information. Fortunately, I followed Stormkeep's advice and it finally worked (although I lost an afternoon of playing. :-( )

Next time I'll try the offline method you describe. (I thought I had been in offline mode which is usually what I do, but I guess not.)