Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When playing sims 3, I...

I often find myself pausing every few minutes to look something else up or to comment on the forums lol I wanna know what you all do!
hLhdCsO.jpg

When playing sims 3, I... 63 votes

Play for hours straight with no interruptions
55%
EvalenEmily4331HejixAnmirlafruitsbasket101ApparentlyAwesomeNinoosimmonjr8302MikezumiJoAnne65GabbyGirlJstarguruJACKIEJOYGemSixxNBalchemistIreneSwiftBettyboop5560smusicluvrannaliese39BridgetKV 35 votes
Play for a few minutes then pause to look something else up online
11%
GraceyManorsimm621dreamerz13sof2106Chi5678SaintcMindsimscreate 7 votes
Play, but screenshot things every so often to post in the forums
12%
cwaddellSindocatcocothuggishsplicerBreazonaTinySpaceFoxGoulsquashKynan 8 votes
Other (Please Elaborate?)
20%
StormkeepemorrilljillbgSimplyJenlisasc360AlexaKryTadOlsonTreyNutzLinamintslowpolygalWaterdragonNikkei_Simmerscrutyni 13 votes

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I play for hours straight, but save frequently (so that's an interruption) and while the game is saving I end up looking things up on the internet, or read/post on the forum.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    For me it varies, sometimes I play for hours and hours with no interruptions, and other times I'm going back and forth doing other things on my second monitor, like reading forums, looking up other things, updating my tumblr, etc. etc. I guess it just all depends on whether my mood is focused or not.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    As long as I am into the game, I can continue for hours. This is easiest when I'm in build mode and not gameplay mode. Sometimes, I may stop and look at my phone, but this would be the most accurate in terms of how I play.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I enjoy playing more when there are no interruptions, so I can get fully immersed in the game. I tried once to chat on discord while playing, and it was really no fun at all. So I keep distractions away and only pause when I need to stretch out my legs or back.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Play for about 20 minutes, pause and check the forums, play a bit on my phone, then back to my game(unless I have something I need to do around the house, then I just leave my game paused)
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I don't play, just set up pictures. But it can go on for hours, especially after everyone is in bed and I'm not being disturbed ever so often. I can't understand why hubby and the kids absolutely must eat regularly. Gaah! :sweat_smile:
    NymlADp.jpg
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I play for hours straight (2-3) as that is how long it takes me to play one sim day. I only ever play one sim day per session and do several save as saves throughout the session. I play offline so no forum or looking things up for me. If I really need to look something up, like a name for a baby that has just been born, I might use my iPad to do a search but I usually have a list of names chosen before babies are born.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Well, last wedding I set up, I had 78 screenshots to be sorted out. XD

In general, I play one sim-day. Save, quit, restart the game, play another sim day, save, quit and restart again... if I can play for hours. (I usually have a tolerance of 3 hours, after that I need to do something else before playing again)
    Sometimes my back hurts or I get hungry or I remember to clean up something and then, I pause and do my things and after that, I come back. I rarely play with music or the TV on because I lose my focus and don't get anything from everything.
  • KynanKynan Posts: 468 Member
    I play, but I spend a lot of time panning the camera around to get nice screenshots. I rarely play for long periods of time, something IRL is always interfering! :D
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I chose the wrong one, should have been "Play, but screenshot things every so often to post in the forums". Didn't quite understand this line tbh, thought you meant taking a screenshot and get out of the game to post it. That I don't do, but I do take a zillion screenshots while playing. I never leave my game though, so in that respect no interruptions.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I have to remind myself to take a break otherwise I have hubby yelling that he hasn't seen me in over five hours and am I still alive ? Losing myself in the game is one of the most entertaining and relaxing things I know. Almost as good as losing yourself in a good book :D:D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    My life in general. Can't focus on the same task for more than 5 minutes lol. It is especially bad when playing sims though.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Play, but...

Understand "play" doesn't just mean letting my Sims do their thing. It means getting annoyed by a feature of my home and dropping into build mode to fix it, or seeing a place that I can adapt or improve. Or deciding to swap out furniture. Or designing a new outfit. Or visiting a venue lot in Build/Buy mode...

Any of those can take my poor, decrepit laptop time to load to, sorting through EP and SP and Store items. That's when I'll tend to have divided attention - browsing Facebook on my phone, or slowly working my way through a chapter of a book, or so on.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited January 2019
    Mine is a combination of option 1 and option 3. :) It just all depends on how much time I have and whether I'm posting my random gameplay pics or stories on the thread. :blush:

Oh and @Bettyboop55 Ditto to what you said. :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    It can be a mix of any of the above options though the first one is usually because I lose track of time and still stop to save as frequently and it's more likely to happen if the full moon comes up or I wanted to play for a longer session and was switching families.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    But it is on pause half the time for screenshots or writing down notes or taking care of family members. I don't go on the forum while playing because it takes away the immersion.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    I always play for hours straight, just stopped by saving (where I could do other household-related things in the real world, somebody has to eat or clean after, right?1?)
    But in this play sessions it depends, which family or world I play at that time. If I play a world for the first time to prepare it, so that my Sims can visit it as a holiday destination or have a new permanent place to live, I play for hours, rebuilding the world, so that it fits my needs, getting to know the Sims already living in it, getting a "feeling" for the world.
    Then there is my main save and here it depends, which family I play with, if I stop literally every minute to take screenshots just to remember what they did or if I just play with them or if I just build or... there are a lot of things too do!
    And sometimes I´m a bit bored by my playstyle, then I play on my phone or get into the internet to distract me there, but I always go back to the game and play a few minutes, then go back to the internet or my phone... It´s a vicious circle I´m trapped in, it really is awful to be addicted to a drug game! ;)
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    It's kind of a mix. I can play for HOURS. Or I can ignore the game for hours depending on my mood. I might completely forget I opened the game while streaming something else, or sometimes I've had my fill and do the same thing, but don't want to wait for it to boot up again later.

"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I sometimes play for long hours at a time, sometimes for shorter sessions, but I'm almost always taking screen shots that I will go through at a later time only keeping the better pictures. Occasionally I will post a few of those to the forum.
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Well, I went with Other simply because... there are times when I play for hours without interruptions and there are days when I just load the game to check on something or to use cas (like yesterday). Then there are days when I pause during a session and look something up online about the game I forgot or I don't know how to do (this is also when I check on the forums and give awesomes :smile: )... sometimes I end up playing a game on my phone... just because :kiss: (this happened today :lol: ).

But it doesn't matter how long I'm playing or how many interruptions I have, I take as many screenshots as I can, I picked up this habit some months after I started playing the game because I used to be part of another forum and there I shared my legacy for a while :smile: . Right now I would like to share more of my game here... but my own insecurities won't let me :disappointed: . So I share just a little bit here and there on some threads, so far it's been nice :blush:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    The PC I play Sims on is usually not online, so normally I have my laptop somewhere playing youtube videos for some backround noise. I also use the laptop to look up names or something while the game is saving, not much more though. When I play, I play.
    On weeknights when I had work, my play sessions are only about one hour or so (if I play at all, that is), because I have to stare at a screen at work all day and just can´t concentrate any longer. At the weekend I can play for two or three hours.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited January 2019
    Because of "my health problems (recurrent respiratory illnesses, osteo-arthritis and hypertension; just generally pervasive ill-health)"...I generally end up on the game for about 3 days... (with sleep, of course (I wouldn't be able to function without it) at a time - game is paused while I'm resting and partly because I don't want to have to shut down the game and restart it). It keeps my mind off my problems. Therapy is expensive. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited January 2019
    I usually have my phone or tablet nearby to look stuff up as I play. (Envy those with a second monitor!) It's the perfect time to throw laundry in the wash while playing video games then fold it when I go to bed. Most of the time I aim to sim at around 9PM making sure not to screw up my hours too bad since I like to sim for hours (4+... sometimes 6 :# ).

I do take tons of screenshots for my tumblr blog... A post I came across:
    Me: I’m going to try to take less screenshots in this save and only focus on things that feel important. Like birthdays, a proposal or a wedding maybe. Things like that! Keeping it simple.
    Sim: *eats something*
    Me: C C C C C *changes angle* C C C C C *changes angle* C C C C C
    ^ Guilty :D
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • spongebobspongebob Posts: 38 Member
    > @SimplyJen said:
    > I do take tons of screenshots for my tumblr blog... A post I came across: Me: I’m going to try to take less screenshots in this save and only focus on things that feel important. Like birthdays, a proposal or a wedding maybe. Things like that! Keeping it simple.
    > Sim: *eats something*
    > Me: C C C C C *changes angle* C C C C C *changes angle* C C C C C
    > ^ Guilty :D

haha! honestly i forget that screenshots are a think 90% of the time, and once i remember they exist i take like 20 its nice to have all the memories!!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I usually have my phone or tablet nearby to look stuff up as I play. (Envy those with a second monitor!) It's the perfect time to throw laundry in the wash while playing video games then fold it when I go to bed. Most of the time I aim to sim at around 9PM making sure not to screw up my hours too bad since I like to sim for hours (4+... sometimes 6 :# ).

I do take tons of screenshots for my tumblr blog... A post I came across:
    Me: I’m going to try to take less screenshots in this save and only focus on things that feel important. Like birthdays, a proposal or a wedding maybe. Things like that! Keeping it simple.
    Sim: *eats something*
    Me: C C C C C *changes angle* C C C C C *changes angle* C C C C C
    ^ Guilty :D

@SimplyJen. Yeah, Lately, I've been going VV VV VV VV VV VV VV VV VV...look in Recorded Videos folder, "HOLY BLEEPING HELL...HOW DID I GET 11.2 GB worth of videos in just a few clicks?"...edit...*cut half of recorded video clip*,,,edit... VV VV VV VV VV VV VV VV VV... "OH SHEEPCARP...AGAIN!???" rinse-repeat.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~