February 15 - Friday Highlight is here, waiting for you to check it out!
How do we choose our Maxis Faves? - Our curation guide got a revamp! If you want to get an insight on how Maxis Faves are curated, check it out!

FOCUS - Round 2/Round 1 Comments Posted

xJojoxxJojox Posts: 5,839 Member
Kb0nXO8.png

e72oPB9.png

Well I'm back at being your host! It's been FAR too long since i hosted a contest, and I used to love doing this so much as well. One of the main reasons i gave up contesting was my lack of inspiration and possibly my laziness! So i developed this contest to watch contestants focus on their model and having an idea. I think half the battle when making your shot is finding the right background. And sometimes it can be the background hat makes the shot. But we all look at pictures differently and have different inspirations towards our creativity.
This contest I will be providing your backgrounds where you will be free to trim, add or edit them as you like. This contest is not about style, or dressing your barbie's or anything like that. It's about being creative with the backgrounds given to you! You will be judged on yours models beauty, your creativity, and how charismatic you are with your presentation. There will be no eliminations whatsoever, you are free to stay through to the end for a cumulative winner. The winners will be announced every round, but cumulative scores will be posted right at the end when a winner is determined.

I'm your host, Jojo. Come and join in with all the fun! I hope i can run this for you again if you guys enjoy it.

mv0tuXu.png

♥ Follow Sims 4 Community Forum and Contest Rules.
♥ No more than 2 adult Female Sims per person.
♥ No fantasy models (no zombies, vampires, aliens, fairies etc.)
♥ All contestants must be of your own creation.
♥ Sims 3 and 4 okay
♥ Photo shopping will be required for all rounds.
♥ Be sure to add your models names when posting your entries, it makes it easier for us judges to recognise who you are.
♥ BE NICE! Nasty people, or fighting will not be tolerated.
♥ You can use contestants that have appeared before in other contests.
♥ Rounds will be 5-7 days (depending on the number of pics required for the tasks).
♥ Judging usually takes 1-3 days.
♥ Photo shopping is allowed and in most cases necessary.
♥ No Face plastering and photo shopping clothes onto your sim unless i call for it in the duration of this competition.
♥ Any size Sim is welcome

WUNJ66I.png

♥This contest is judged by a judging panel, and you will receive comments.
♥Expect to receive comments that tell you how they see the picture. Honest, but constructive.
♥FOCUS is judged by round, but there will not be eliminations. All scores are cumulative and a final tally will be posted at the end.
♥Extensions are available to anyone during the round. And each round will go for one week ...
♥There will only be two judges, myself and one other person.

Here Is Our Judging Panel!

1. xjojox
2. Jilliebee
Post edited by xJojox on

Comments

• xJojoxxJojox Posts: 5,839 Member
    edited February 13
    s88T8n3.png

1. Jendowoz Round 1
    2. Penguin101Round 1
    3. Texastwangtonya Round 1
    4. Kyky ♥ Round 1
    5. Kittymeow Round 1
    6. MamajanayRound 1
    7. Colormepink ♥ Round 1
    8. Abelhinha Round 1
    9. MyfavoritedesignRound 1
    10. Mizoreyukii Round 1
    11. Jaunty Round 1
    Post edited by xJojox on
    edited February 13
    RZh63JL.png

ROUND 1

2a0gf0p.png

Please Choose Your Background!

IMAGE 1

IMAGE 2

IMAGE 3

IMAGE 4

DOWNLOAD ALL IMAGES AT THEIR GIANT SIZE ( the above ones are not the original size)

I have tested these backgrounds and i can make each of them work with several different stances :)

EXAMPLES:

el2p2t.png

Just remember you are not judged on your style or beauty. You are judged on your creativity.
    If you have any questions let me know, and if you are struggling with these backgrounds PM me.

ROUND 1 is all about creativity and execution, giving you a possible score of 20.

ROUND DUE

ROUND 2

YsUGMlv.png

Please Choose Your Background!

IMAGE 1

IMAGE 2

IMAGE 3

IMAGE 4

IMAGE 5

DOWNLOAD ALL IMAGES AT THEIR GIANT SIZE (the above ones are not the original size)

EXAMPLE:

m8lGeIq.jpg

Just remember you are judged on your style and your creativity giving you a possible score of 20.
    If you have any questions let me know, and if you are struggling with these backgrounds PM me.

ROUND DUE

Post edited by xJojox on
    edited February 18
    ZqhuSGA.png

Penguinwa101 - Giselle Pansino

Comments from Jojo I definitely had a little giggle when I first saw this picture. Your model Giselle taking a closer look at the harbour boats! I have to say that I am super impressed with the water effects from the boat to water. It looks really realistic actually. And while she looks like she is terrorising she definitely managed to pull off a great model stance and stood lovely in her bathing suit. On your execution, the only thing you missed out on was a water shadow. If you see the bridge behind her, it has a blue like shadow. Giselle would have looked perfect having one as well. But this was still a great photo all round.

Comments from Jillie Wow, I am loving all the extra details you put into this shot! I love the pose, it shows off Giselle well and has a bit of whimsical fun to it! Love the creativity with picking up the boat, and all the water detailing is very well down and really places her well with the background. My only complaint is that her face and hand is a little blurry in comparison to the the rest of her and picture. I also, would suggest to have a tighter crop to her. Having the picture more of a portrait would have brought more attention to your model and the extra stuff you added would have been enough. Overall, absolutely love this shot, well done!

Jendowoz0612 - Aliyah Delossantos

Comments from Jojo This was also my favourite background and a lot of people chose to work with it. I like the concept of doing what's normal in a body of water … and that's suiting up and taking a dip! She definitely pulls off the modelesque part for sure and she sits pretty! As far as your execution of the shot goes, she is possibly a little bright for the picture on her limbs. And while she does look like she is sitting on the top of the roof it looks like she could possibly slide off too. Just a little note that there is some shadowing missing behind her legs. Other than that the picture over all is nicely done.

Comments from Jillie Aliyah looks so relaxed in this shot - I love how you have her chilling like nothing is out of the ordinary with her feet dipped into the water! Her swimsuit is nice she's kind of giving me this sexy cave-woman with her long hair too. I think I would have liked to have seen a closer crop; I find with how serene her pose is it would have been nice to not have so much background that could lead away any attention from her. Also make sure to add shadows! There should be one under her, as well as the legs to the right of her. Overall, such a great first shot, can't wait to see more from you!

Mamajanaynay - Ainsley Crump

Comments from Jojo Your model is such a baddie! Kicking down a building because she can! And her pose is pretty fierce too. I noticed that you dressed her up according to what she is doing as well. Kick boxing with buildings in the park kind of LOL. I actually find it sporty and funny at the same time, and i liked it. On execution, i noticed that the lower part of her foot goes transparent around the lower leg and ankle and i can see right through her. Was this an accident? I know not everyone has the best video cards but your edges are super blurry, i know people blur their lines out to get rid of jaggies, but sometimes a more precise cut (polygonal lasso tool) can provide you a better edge than blurry ones. Other than that the effects on the building and tone of your picture is great!

Comments from Jillie Ahh, this is so fun and unique! Remind me not to get onto Ainsley's bad side! I love your styling choice and how you completely committed to this sport shot. While I don't think the splatter effect is that realistic, in all honesty it doesn't take away anything from the shot. Your model is a bit on the blurry side, and I would suggest having a brighter light in game or adding an effect in photo shop. While the background is on the darker side, I find the lighting on your model kind of washes her out a little bit, I would try playing with levels and curves to give her an extra pop. Overall, this is such a fun shot, just need little fine tuning. Well done!

Texastwangtonya - Sadie Engle

Comments from Jojo I gave the option for your sim to stand pretty and be the model she is … and she is doing exactly that! She is definitely owning that building with such grace. But also sassy and a little bit diva-ish too! Even though I know this task was a tricky one for you, i wished you used a different prop for her hands. Maybe something that belongs in the water or a person perhaps since there are no real roads around where she is standing. As far as the execution, I noticed that the whole picture has a blu-ish tinge to it making it look a little unnatural to the sunny bright day that the original was. It seemed a little unnecessary as far as lighting goes.

Comments from Jillie [email protected]#$ the police! Sadie is the new authority in town I see! Hahaha I am living for this bold pose. It is very look at me, I am here, but also has a little bit of fun with adding in the cars. I love the styling that you chose for this shot, I find matched with the hairstyle it has quite the glamazon vibe! The filter you added on the top really changed the mood of the background, and I find it adds a nice definition to your model as well. My only critiques is to make sure to add shadows -- to both the cars on her hand, as well as just under her feet. I also find that the cars don't really seem to be in her hand just the way the fingers seem to bend. Especially with the one up in the air, I think the pink should have been in front, otherwise it looks more like someone through the car at her haha! Overall, I really love where you went with this, just some small details to watch for.

Kittymeow - Unnamed Model

Comments from Jojo Let me just say that she looks really pretty. She's simple and natural as well which I actually like a lot. She almost make crawling through the city and causing havoc look normal! The lighting looks good on her, some light and shade in picture is nice, though i did notice she does look a little yellow-ish. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not? While she has caused a little trouble behind her, there are people sitting down beside her looking pretty calm about it. I know they are in the picture, but there was potential to add more distressed props to make the explosion a little more frightening. But i loved your sims beauty and your clean edit either way. Good job!

Comments from Jillie Meeeoooow! Why hello there! Kitty is causing quite the commotion down town! This pose is so cute, and I love how playful and innocent she seems by it, and then you notice the destruction of the car behind her. She's looking super stylish in that white dress and cat ear head band -- all she's missing is some claws! Haha There's some small quality issues to just watch out for like the weird lines on her arm and a little on the dress that need to be smudged out, but other than that this is an awesome shot! Can't wait to see more from you!

Myfavoritedesign - Nicole Eaton

Comments from Jojo I love this picture, even thought she isn't looking at the camera … its not what the round was about. It's about looking at the whole picture and thinking about what you could do with it. And her reaching into the building like that terrorising people is a great idea. I like the realistic smashed effect of the building that you put into the photo, it actually looks like she did it, so good job for that. And since she's in the water, she is nicely dressed for the occasion too. There is only one thing that would have looked a bit cool in the picture, and that would have been her back foot slightly dipped in the water with a few splash effects so she was interacting with the water. But good job!

Comments from JillieI just love how creative this shot is, and how Nicole is just casually causing destruction! I also really love her styling -- it's bright, fun and fashionable. Only critiques would be to be a little careful with the eraser, just a bit of heel missing. Also, I think the hand that is smashing the carousel should have been the other way around, with her palm actually pushing against. I feel the way it is right now seems more like she's a cat fishing for some humans! Haha other than that though I think this is an awesome shot! Great way to start off!

Abelhinha35 - Ivanka Navarette

Comments from Jojo When you first look at this picture there is so much going on, you wonder where to look first. It's so action packed and it has a real wow factor about it. It also tell a bit of a story as well. To me she looks like some giant super Villian of sorts. She reminds me of a baddie i'd see in a Hollywood blockbuster! As far as your execution, i probably would have shrunk her a little more so her right foot wasn't sitting on a man's head. If you had done this her other foot would not look cut off. While i like the smog, lightning and bent buildings the air she is blowing from her mouth was possibly a little heavy. I actually thought it was a pattern on her shirt at first. But still i like this pic so much!

Comments from Jillie My goodness there is a lot going on in this shot! Love the creativity of bringing in a supernatural element with the air, lightening and fire. I do think that it might be just a tad bit overwhelming, and takes attention away from your model. Just the blowing air effect to move the cars would have been enough for me. I think the flame and lightening draw me away in confusion, more than enjoying what your model is doing in the forefront. I love the attention to detail with her hair moving and the pose is very unique and commanding that you really don't need the rest. Her styling is super cute, and I am getting a whole anime vibe from her and this shot. Overall, I think there are so many positive aspects, there just didn't need to have everything all at once. Can't wait to see more from you!

Kyky - Joana Nguyen

Comments from Jojo What a creative idea. Even though I think I understand the concept here … to me I see it as the 'aliens' are trying to take her back to her home planet and she is running away from them causing disaster and havoc in the city as she escapes. It's like a fantastic story being told in a picture and that's what sim art is about to me. This is beautiful creative and i love it! I like that you covered up the people and created different situations in the background, though i do wish the UFO closest to the camera was more focused (instead of blurry) The lighting in your photo was great, and the action was well thought of. Loved it.

Comments from Jillie If Joana is going to take over the world, I would let her! She is looking super fine in her little black dress. I love how candid the shot seems, yet she still looks stunning and very editorial. Love all the little details with the alien head, and saucers, and all the smoke and flames! It really takes this shot from being simply pretty fashion to an actual movie scene that tells a story. There's a little blur or lighting the is a little off on the added in props, but it's just very minor! Overall you really started this competition off with a nice bang! Can't wait to see what else you'll bring.

Colormepink - Jasmine Lee

Comments from Jojo HAHA. Careless and doing her thing. What a sasy little thing! She's getting shot out and people running everywhere … and she's just sitting pretty there. Now first thing I liked in this picture was that you manipulated the background to fit the havoc she created. You got the screaming people, the sticky beaks, and the cops. It's quite realistic actually. The cracks and the additional props actually look like they belong there, which is really cool. So as far as execution i think you did fabulously. The only thing i would have changed is the height on the car at the front. It looks a little big around the side of her leg. But that's really nit picking... good job.

Comments from Jillie Shorty is out to play! Omg she looks so cute! I love the styling and how nonchalant her pose and cheeky grin are. That face is for sure saying "what, me?" Love all the small details with the added in people (which needed to see some running scared) and the police, and even her face on the news blimp! Very creative. There's some off scaled people and vehicles but overall they definitely add a lot of fun to the picture. I would also recommend adding in shadows. Pay attention to the natural shadows in the background and mimic that to the added in people and cars -- as well as under your model to really blend her into the background. Overall love the innocent destruction and creativity in this shot, looking forward in seeing more!

Mizoreyukii - Baylee Jefferson

Comments from Jojo I see you went the whole other direction in your edit. As opposed to ladyzillas and the modelesque type … you went for cool calm and collected, just doing her daily thing. This looks like an every day thing here for this ladyzilla. Just imagine the show she would be putting on for the bystanders! I found it really cool and so funny at the same time. I like that you kept the vibrancy of the original picture and Baylee looks like she belongs there. In fact i can't nit pick one little things wrong with it. I could only make suggestions to what may have looked cool ... and that would be her foot dipped in the water. Other than that, immaculate edit.

Comments from Jillie Someone sure has the confidence to go topless in the middle of the city! Ha, I just love your creativity in this shot. Such a simple, clean shot but really has an edge this round to me by being so out of the box. The soap is added in flawless, and placed in very smart and strategic; the wiped and dripping parts follow a realistic path. Overall I think you did an amazing job! I can't wait to see more of your creativity!

Jaunty - Monica Selby

Comments from Jojo Fantastic action shot here, I actually love her style and I love the creativity with your shot! You went an entirely different direction with your picture and are getting captured! I thought the chains and the helicopters were a great idea. They are fabulously placed and i can see the next move here and that is pulling that pesky chopper right out of the sky. As far as execution, i thought your style blended a little with the building and seemed to get a little lost around the legs and i was a little confused if she was standing on a building or ready to fall. But i still enjoyed your creativity and liked that you did something unique to everyone else.

Comments from Jillie Wow, this bombshell looks like this isn't her first time tied up! I think the styling is great, and I really love how you went with some army tones in her outfit -- gave the image an overall monochromatic element. The pose is very flattering and works well with the shot overall. I absolutely love your idea of having her wrapped in chains. Unfortunately with them being bigger on her and small coming out of the choppers it gives the impression that instead of her actually being a large girl (which is what the round was about) it's just a matter of perspective, so I had to mark off points for that. Other then that this is one of my favourite shots this round, looking forward for what else you have in store! Great job!
    Post edited by xJojox on
    edited February 18
    WOL0eDK.png

You will not receive your scores, but you will receive your placings and comments every round. The scores are cumulative, so when you finish this contest you will find out your final placings and scores! So if your placing is a little lower this round, it has several other rounds to bump up your score.

This round, let me just say that there are less than .5 point between some of you.
    OnyZk3g.png

Joana Nguyen - Kyky

65Tf9G5.png

Baylee Jefferson - Mizoreyukii

TM0HbAv.png

Jasmine Lee - Colormepink

Kittymeow
    Myfavoritedesign
    Jaunty
    Abelhinha35
    Penguinwa101
    Jendowoz0612
    Texastwangtonya
    Mamajanaynay

I know it's not nice seeing your name out of the top three, but the scores ranged between 38 and 31.
    Post edited by xJojox on
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 924 Member
    ~ I like this concept, hopefully my PC will be up & running by the time this starts!
    ~ Have a very good "Australia Day" talk soon!
    Asobo8i.gif
    ~ Origin I.D.: aussiekarima ~
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 6,698 Member
    edited January 26
    @xJojox

I like the sound of this, Jojo, please reserve me. When you say portrait so shoulders/waist up?
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on
    portrait is usually breast up :)
    okay, thanks, Jojo <3
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 5,751 Member
    edited January 27
    Ahhh! I'm glad to see you back to hosting. :love: Should I add you to the tag list then or no?

Anyways, half the battle and hours spent working is sometimes looking for the background, so this appeals to me. I'll have to give this a lot of thought before deciding. :pensive:

@Penguinwa101 @abelhinha35 @chellemh29 @Jendowoz0612 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @kyky @Movotti @JaLiBo @jilliebee22 @MyFavoritedesign @Mamajanaynay @lisabee2 @aussiekarima @jaunty @Gege @MizoreYukii @heather1306 @themelonic @Socallucyfan @JoeJoe11 @deviouslyvivid @wiredhanna67 @Storiessims4 @gardenGothic @Klept0maniac94
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,040 Member
    YAAAAAY! So glad to see you back Jojo!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
    edited January 28
    @penguinwa101 wow i havent seen you in ages!!! nice to see you still around too.
    @MizoreYukii you can add me but cant say whether i will join anymore contests until the one im in is done... :) but happy to host for now.

AND YEP no background finding, i do all the hard work background finding sometimes can take me more than an hour. but i will find large backgrounds for you to chop and change and possibly offer more than one background for variation.
    @xJojox YEP! I recently came back as well, ALLLLLLL finished with college and have my degree now! so crazy! LOL!!! :D :D :D
    3gXRDPf.gif
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,620 Member
    Congratulations!!!!!!! @Penguinwa101 Lovely Seeing YOU!!!!!!!!

@xJojox
    Sign Me UP Darling!!!! Looks Fun! HUGZZZZ
    DYgUQkL.gif

I say, It’s in the reach of my arms,
    The span of my hips,
    The stride of my step,
    The curl of my lips.
    I’m a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That’s me. Maya Angelou

edited January 28
    APPLICATION : A CAPTIVATING PORTRAIT BLACK AND WHITE SHOT WITH A SIMPLE BLACK OR WHITE BACKGROUND.

Penguin

Model: Giselle Pansino

xtRROxQ.png
    Post edited by Penguinwa101 on
    3gXRDPf.gif
    edited January 28
    Application - B & W captivating shot
    Model: Aliyah Delossantos

2ovBxHX.png
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on
    Whoops! forgot her name. LOL :D :)
    great shot @Jendowoz0612 her eyes are fantastic.
    @Penguinwa101 - Very sensual shot here, lovin it :)

@TEXASTWANGTONYA - thats great, happy to see you come aboard!
  • kykykyky Posts: 222 Member
    i'm in xD
    kNl6pO8.png
    @kyky nice to see you around still :) and glad you are joining.
    edited January 28
    xJojox wrote: »
    great shot @Jendowoz0612 her eyes are fantastic.

Thank you, Jojo, her eyes captivated me too. Really keen for this comp. So great to have you back. <3 <3

• kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 6,729 Member
    I'd like to give this a go but my game is completely cc free so I'll be lurking. :)
    Click the picture to go to Jetset!
    42691258125_dcb704e542_b.jpg
    @kittymeow this contest does not call for cc whatsoever as i will not be calling for special attire. i will be giving backgrounds for your sims to pose on.
  • jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,101 Member
    Ohh I am soo interested in this... but my plate is soo full already.
    It's just soo much less work to not have to waste time on backgrounds......

Gah, reserve me. >_<
    Can we add things to the backgrounds? Like props, or plants, etc?
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    Thanks @xJojox SUPER Excited AND Love The APPLICATION!!!!!!!! Getting Started Today!!!!! Because I Am Stoked For This ONE! <3 <3 <3
    DYgUQkL.gif

I say, It’s in the reach of my arms,
    The span of my hips,
    The stride of my step,
    The curl of my lips.
    I’m a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That’s me. Maya Angelou

Gorgeous Edits @Jendowoz0612 @Penguinwa101 <3 <3 :* :* :*
    DYgUQkL.gif